Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 09:55 PM

51 posts, read 91,151 times

Advertisements

All of these people just want to blame anyone else but themselves for everything just like all of the prisoners in jail. Leave him alone and just back off b*****s!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2008, 10:09 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,573,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan08 View Post
All of these people just want to blame anyone else but themselves for everything just like all of the prisoners in jail. Leave him alone and just back off b*****s!
Now now children... calm down... you might wet your panties if you get too upset...

Bush has been a complete total abomination of a President...

How's that for backing off???

Old 12-01-2008, 06:03 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,023,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
now now children... Calm down... You might wet your panties if you get too upset...

Bush has been a complete total abomination of a president...

:d:d:d

Old 12-01-2008, 07:03 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,731,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
You're struggling paycheck to paycheck and think you're doing well???????? And thanking bush for it??!!!!!

Oh, and your attitude of "I'm not doing anything wrong so I don't care how my civil liberties have been slowly eaten away" is very Un-American.

I think you shoud do a little reading on a broader scope.:

"What no one seemed to notice. . . was the ever widening gap. . .between the government and the people. . . And it became always wider. . . the whole process of its coming into being, was above all diverting, it provided an excuse not to think for people who did not want to think anyway . . . (it) gave us some dreadful, fundamental things to think about . . .and kept us so busy with continuous changes and 'crises' and so fascinated . . . by the machinations of the 'national enemies,' without and within, that we had no time to think about these dreadful things that were growing, little by little, all around us. . .
Each step was so small, so inconsequential, so well explained or, on occasion, 'regretted,' that unless one understood what the whole thing was in principle, what all these 'little measures'. . . must some day lead to, one no more saw it developing from day to day than a farmer in his field sees the corn growing. . . .Each act. . . is worse than the last, but only a little worse. You wait for the next and the next. You wait for one great shocking occasion, thinking that others, when such a shock comes, will join you in resisting somehow.
You don't want to act, or even talk, alone. . . you don't want to 'go out of your way to make trouble.' . . .But the one great shocking occasion, when tens or hundreds or thousands will join with you, never comes. That's the difficulty. The forms are all there, all untouched, all reassuring, the houses, the shops, the jobs, the mealtimes, the visits, the concerts, the cinema, the holidays. But the spirit, which you never noticed because you made the lifelong mistake of identifying it with the forms, is changed. Now you live in a world of hate and fear, and the people who hate and fear do not even know it themselves, when everyone is transformed, no one is transformed. . . .You have accepted things you would not have accepted five years ago, a year ago, things your father. . . could never have imagined." :
From Milton Mayer, They Thought They Were Free, The Germans, 1938-45 (Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1955)

Compared to how we were doing under Clinton, yes, we are doing MUCH better. We are able to do way more now than we did in the 90's. We struggle paycheck to paycheck, however, we are able to put money away in savings, big difference than under Clinton's rule, where we were struggling just to make ends meet.

I'm not un American in any way. I'm just not a bleeding heart liberal and you are acting as though the government is intruding on our lives simply to intrude. Not the case.

Should there be any information dug up out there that suggests that someone is even remotely involved in terrorist activity, then, by all means, tap those phones, read those emails and prevent another 9/11. I'm actually very pro American, as in wanting American citizens to be safe and free to come and go as they please in their own country. Not looking over our shoulders because we protect EVERYONE'S liberties at the very possible cost of our own safety as a nation.

Old 12-01-2008, 07:06 AM

695 posts, read 1,372,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
Now now children... calm down... you might wet your panties if you get too upset...

Bush has been a complete total abomination of a President...

...but still a far cry better than either Gore or Kerry would have been.

Old 12-01-2008, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
Compared to how we were doing under Clinton, yes, we are doing MUCH better. We are able to do way more now than we did in the 90's. We struggle paycheck to paycheck, however, we are able to put money away in savings, big difference than under Clinton's rule, where we were struggling just to make ends meet.

I'm not un American in any way. I'm just not a bleeding heart liberal and you are acting as though the government is intruding on our lives simply to intrude. Not the case.

Should there be any information dug up out there that suggests that someone is even remotely involved in terrorist activity, then, by all means, tap those phones, read those emails and prevent another 9/11. I'm actually very pro American, as in wanting American citizens to be safe and free to come and go as they please in their own country. Not looking over our shoulders because we protect EVERYONE'S liberties at the very possible cost of our own safety as a nation.
It is kind of funny that so many Bush-haters pull out the old, "Tell me you're not in FAR WORSE SHAPE than you were 8 years ago!!!!! (and a few tears)".

My response is easy. I'm MUCH better off than I was during the Clinton years.

In addition, I have not lost ONE SINGLE LIBERTY in the past 8 years. Not one.

Old 12-01-2008, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreySH View Post
It is kind of funny that so many Bush-haters pull out the old, "Tell me you're not in FAR WORSE SHAPE than you were 8 years ago!!!!! (and a few tears)".

My response is easy. I'm MUCH better off than I was during the Clinton years.

In addition, I have not lost ONE SINGLE LIBERTY in the past 8 years. Not one.
The bubble you live in must be a wonderful place.Here's just a few that the rest of us lost while you were napping.

FREEDOM OF ASSOCIATION: Government may monitor religious and political institutions without suspecting criminal activity to assist terror investigations.
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION: Government has closed once-public immigration hearings, has secretly detained hundreds of people without charges, and has encouraged bureaucrats to resist public records questions.
FREEDOM OF SPEECH: Government may prosecute librarians or keepers of any other records if they tell anyone that the government subpoenaed information related to a terror investigation.
RIGHT TO LEGAL REPRESENTATION: Government may monitor federal prison jailhouse conversations between attorneys and clients, and deny lawyers to Americans accused of crimes.
FREEDOM FROM UNREASONABLE SEARCHES: Government may search and seize Americans' papers and effects without probable cause to assist terror investigation.
RIGHT TO A SPEEDY AND PUBLIC TRIAL: Government may jail Americans indefinitely without a trial. RIGHT TO LIBERTY: Americans may be jailed without being charged or being able to confront witnesses against them.

These rights have already been lost! Whether individual Americans have been personally subjected to the resultant tyranny or not doesn't change the fact that they have already lost these freedoms! This fact, alone, should be enough for any studious lover-of-liberty to be outraged. That good citizens are compliant and unconcerned regarding G.W. Bush's propensity to trample constitutional freedoms bespeaks a great ignorance or a great apathy, or both.

Chuck Baldwin.

Old 12-01-2008, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
The bubble you live in must be a wonderful place.Here's just a few that the rest of us lost while you were napping.

FREEDOM OF ASSOCIATION: Government may monitor religious and political institutions without suspecting criminal activity to assist terror investigations.
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION: Government has closed once-public immigration hearings, has secretly detained hundreds of people without charges, and has encouraged bureaucrats to resist public records questions.
FREEDOM OF SPEECH: Government may prosecute librarians or keepers of any other records if they tell anyone that the government subpoenaed information related to a terror investigation.
RIGHT TO LEGAL REPRESENTATION: Government may monitor federal prison jailhouse conversations between attorneys and clients, and deny lawyers to Americans accused of crimes.
FREEDOM FROM UNREASONABLE SEARCHES: Government may search and seize Americans' papers and effects without probable cause to assist terror investigation.
RIGHT TO A SPEEDY AND PUBLIC TRIAL: Government may jail Americans indefinitely without a trial. RIGHT TO LIBERTY: Americans may be jailed without being charged or being able to confront witnesses against them.

These rights have already been lost! Whether individual Americans have been personally subjected to the resultant tyranny or not doesn't change the fact that they have already lost these freedoms! This fact, alone, should be enough for any studious lover-of-liberty to be outraged. That good citizens are compliant and unconcerned regarding G.W. Bush's propensity to trample constitutional freedoms bespeaks a great ignorance or a great apathy, or both.

Chuck Baldwin.
Yeah, it's obvious that you - and everybody else here - has lost the right to free speech.

Extreme hyperbole much?

Old 12-01-2008, 10:16 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,573,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post

Chuck Baldwin.
You're absolutely right - our liberties have been diminished - and many of the losses have absolutely nothing to do with fighting terrorism...

People don't even realize that their freedoms are disappearing, because it happens in such a piece-meal fashion... Sort of like boiling a frog to death by putting it into a pot of warm water, and very slowly letting it reach boiling...

People only realize what they've lost when it is at a point where it is too late to do anything about it...

Old 12-01-2008, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreySH View Post
Yeah, it's obvious that you - and everybody else here - has lost the right to free speech.

Extreme hyperbole much?
Here's the deal....you do not seem to have the slightest clue how each of these losses of liberty CAN (not saying it will) effect you or a member of your family.Each of these losses have opened up the avenue for abuse of power by MANY people in govt and you could be effected by it in many ways.Such as,you are now on the OTHER side of the searchlight as far as political power goes and let's say for example you keep mouthing off on here about Obama is this or that and the dems are trashing 'Amurikah" and other such nonsense and all of a sudden some guys in suits knock on your door,smack you around and start confiscating your computer equipment....they take you to a fed holding facility,do not tell you what you are charged with,read you your miranda,allow you to contact a lawyer or family nor do they even have to comply with a writ of habeas corpus......You find out a year later (while still in detention) that you are being investigated for being a "terrist" because of your ramblings on a forum.I'm not worried about it now tho' because I'm on the WINNING side of the political power structure now....So just keep on talking ol' buddy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections