Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 02:24 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,033,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Many McCain/Bimbo voters will say it didn't, heck some might even believe it...but either consciously or subconsciously there's no question that it did.
What about the black community that overwhelmingly voted for Obama . Of course, when the voters aren't white it doesn't matter right?

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 11-25-2008 at 12:08 PM.. Reason: Removed response to deleted post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2008, 02:29 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,366,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
What's funny is that this statement is almost as embarrassing as admitting racism.
It is not! She is just saying she votes party, just like a few democrats I know.
If Condie Rice ran I would have vited for her, because my views are not liberal.

Diane G

Old 11-24-2008, 02:30 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,430,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post

What about the black community that overwhelmingly voted for Obama . Of course, when the voters aren't white it doesn't matter right?

There's no question that for some it did, but here's the difference...black voters voting for Obama because of color were voting for pride, white voters voting against Obama because of color were voting for hate.

Old 11-24-2008, 02:42 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,429 times
Quote:
To add to Upton's point:

Blacks voted marginally more for Obama than they would have voted for a Dem anyway. A more significant portion of a much larger group (whites) voted for McCain because of Obama's color.

Racism is a much bigger problem in this country than your unproven, insignificant claim of reverse racism.

Old 11-24-2008, 03:19 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,429 times
Quote:
And only on internet forums, where our real identities are masked, can statements like this be said. Grow up.
I'm not anonymous. Are you?

Old 11-24-2008, 03:32 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,328,678 times
Uh, would somene like to actually participate in the Harvard project, and report their result -- instead of simply bickering and calling each othr names?

Youmay find it interesting. I did.

Old 11-24-2008, 03:46 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,926,082 times
Quote:
To add to Upton's point:

Blacks voted marginally more for Obama than they would have voted for a Dem anyway. A more significant portion of a much larger group (whites) voted for McCain because of Obama's color.

Racism is a much bigger problem in this country than your unproven, insignificant claim of reverse racism.
Upton's post was nothing but a race baiting and name calling post with no basis in truth whatsoever and he has been reported.

Old 11-24-2008, 03:50 PM

695 posts, read 1,377,456 times
Quote:
To add to Upton's point:

Wow - some HUGE claims there, in light of having absolutely no proof whatever to back them up!

Old 11-24-2008, 04:15 PM

1,867 posts, read 4,078,390 times
No, but I did vote based on gender in the primary. I liked all of the Democratic candidates and liked Hillary and Obama equally so voted for Hillary because I thought it was about time we have a woman as president. I equally thought its time that we have a black person as president. If one candidate was a worse choice then no, I wouldn't make my choice based on gender or race, but since they were all great and it is quite absurd that white males have been the only ones to ever make it to president, it was time for other constituencies to have a chance to be represented. Sorry white males, its someone else's turn for a change.

Old 11-24-2008, 04:22 PM

4,156 posts, read 11,010,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Uh, would somene like to actually participate in the Harvard project, and report their result -- instead of simply bickering and calling each othr names?

Youmay find it interesting. I did.
So I did do the study...it was interesting.
and this is what it said:

"Your data suggests a moderate automatic preference for Black people over White people

Your data suggests a moderate automatic preference for Barack Obama over John McCain"

It made me chuckle. I have yet to ever vote for a Republican. And if the GOP candidate was ever other than white, I'd seriously doubt I'd vote Republican. Ever. Period.

Here I thought I was voting based entirely issues!

Last edited by bellalunatic; 11-24-2008 at 04:56 PM.. Reason: clarification of my thought process.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections