Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 11:20 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingclouds View Post
Oh sure you were saying that he was going to be Jimmy Carter last month. Can't decide which thing to smear him with?

He was Jimmy Carter last month and in term of competency still is. But now that the election is over he can stop lying to his gullible supporters and adopt most of GWB's policies that have kept us out of far worse situations. He has basically shelved the withdrawal from Iraq, reneged on telecom immunity, put off the tax increase on the rich for at least two years, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2008, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
I found it rather amusing that he's going to keep Gates in for a year or two to handle the wars. Heh.

A couple of weeks ago, I predicted that he'd do an about-face from his campaign promises, the people who were sucked in by those promises would turn against him, and the people who didn't vote for him might actually find themselves defending him. Looks like we're on schedule for that. It will be a done deal when he doesn't implement his tax promises.

Someone asked me if I were upset that he was setting up his transition team the way he is? What in the world would a conservative have to complain about? He hasn't done anything except back-pedal and appoint Clinton cronies. If he were actually going to do any of the things he promised during the campaign, I might be able to find something to complain about, but their simply isn't anything. Even the tax increase on the filthy rich is on stand-by. Looks like four more years of the same. If I were a liberal I would be fit to be tied!

Old 11-27-2008, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Nice post, well worth repeating.....bolding mine.

And as we speak bushCo is jamming through all kinds of last minute "Screw Americans" laws and bills...

"Can someone find a legimate source"

Old 11-27-2008, 11:40 AM

956 posts, read 1,234,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMolly View Post

Yes, left with so many problems created in huge part by a Democrat controlled Congress over the past 2 years. Not to say Republicans aren't responsible as well, but somewhere along the way left wingers have to acknowledge that the state of this country falls on the shoulders of both parties. Not to do that is not to live in the real world. Republicans are not the enemy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quelinda View Post
As for the poster who somehow blames all of our problems on 2 years of Democratic majority in the Senate by ONE more vote than Republicans, with an evil criminal president who threatens to veto them at every turn, your claim is akin to blaming a fire on a person tied up in their own home by a thief who sets the fire. Get a grip .

Clearly America didn't buy this nonsense with all the wins we had this season! hehe
If you are referring to my post above, let's be clear I never said "all" our problems. I was very specific to say that Democrats are to blame IN PART, but heaven forbid you actually take any responsibility.

All I know is the Nancy Pelosi said two years go that with their win they were finally going to have the power to change things. From what I could see, they didn't even try. They did nothing .... hence their poor reputation (on both sides, I might add).

America voted in change because they're sick of business as usual on both sides. Since Republicans were in power, they lost the most. But I know people from both parties who simply voted out the incumbent ... nothing to do with party.

Actually, given the mess in Washington, Democrats should have won across the board if what you say is true. They didn't.

Get a grip

Old 11-27-2008, 11:44 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,571,721 times
Awww, dont cry.

McBush lost!!

Old 11-27-2008, 11:46 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
I found it rather amusing that he's going to keep Gates in for a year or two to handle the wars. Heh.

Ah, Gates is the one who came in and poured the bucket of cold reality over the Bush Mes-O-potanian policies. For example, what happened to "We'll stay in Iraq until it becomes a shining example of democracy for the middle east?" Where has all the saber rattling about Iran? Who forced Bush to accept that more troops were needed in Iraq just to maintain security? Gates, the un-yes man.

Keeping Gates on is a recognition of competence, that's change.

Old 11-27-2008, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Dont you EVER give up Carolinacowboy?? Your candidate lost so stop with the sour grapes and lies. Obama hasn't even served one day and you are saying he's like Bush? What makes you say he wants to stay in Iraq for 3 more years? Do you have any sources for all of these ridiculous claims you make?

I will admit I am ticked about the Bush tax cuts expiring instead of being repealed. The top 1% of wealth earners in this country are billionaires and frankly have more than enough food on the table, while many Americans literally have NONE. Our country is going bust and it needs income. That is the unfortunate reality, and at some point the credit from the chinese could easily end.

Sour grapes? I'm ecstatic. We lost the election but still get all the conservative policies and policy makers. That's hilarious. I was really concerned that he would actually follow through on his campaign promises, but now that he's backpedaling on everything he said in the campaign I'm thrilled. If I were a liberal, I'd be steamed!

Old 11-27-2008, 11:57 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
I said it before the election 100 times in here. If Obama wins, once he is briefed on all the major issues, his promises would change and change to be much the same as they are now. You people have no conceivable idea what measures went into to keeping us safe. You all laugh and criticize Bush and the patriot act and so on, while you sleep safe and sound at night and tuck your kids into bed. Bush and his pro-active approach thwarted 31 attacks on US soil that we know about and probably others we do not know about.

Meanwhile you think Obama's reversing of many of Bush's executive orders ensuring our security (not) is a good and brilliant thing. Rah, rah, rah, you all cheer. To bad Obama has become Bush, do you follow the news? Not a day goes by without more news indicating Obama is George W. Bush II. Sure he will throw a few bones to the left wing civil rights groups by closing a terrorist camp and sign an order banning offshore drilling and promote gay agendas and so on, but when it comes to foreign policy, home land security, the taxes and the core fundamentals of the economy, it will be the same as Bush's. Funny thing is, none of you will see it that way.
This is because I'm sure once you get all the security briefings, and find out how much you don't know, everything changes.

I don't know if he's becoming Bush II, but he is certainly lightening up in a lot of areas. He may not close "Gitmo" either.

However, he is still a leftist extremist, bent on taxing the hell out of everything and anything, and he will cripple the economy even more if he follows through on these "promises".

Old 11-27-2008, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
You do a great Jack Nickolson impression. I was waiting for the "You can't handle the truth!" What happened?
I was waiting for an answer to the post, What happened?

Old 11-27-2008, 12:16 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,911,536 times
Quote:
Dont you EVER give up Carolinacowboy?? Your candidate lost so stop with the sour grapes and lies. Obama hasn't even served one day and you are saying he's like Bush? What makes you say he wants to stay in Iraq for 3 more years? Do you have any sources for all of these ridiculous claims you make?

I will admit I am ticked about the Bush tax cuts expiring instead of being repealed. The top 1% of wealth earners in this country are billionaires and frankly have more than enough food on the table, while many Americans literally have NONE. Our country is going bust and it needs income. That is the unfortunate reality, and at some point the credit from the chinese could easily end.
the credit from the chinese has ended. why do you think the government is going to the american taxpayers for the money now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections