Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 05:03 PM

972 posts, read 1,325,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
As pointed out already, the Obama's have been helping at the food bank for a few years now. If anyone bothered to look at the video's, the longest one is 'home made' not from the 'media'. Obama answered questions for one television station for less than a minute. It's obvious that the television station showed up late. Someone probably called them to let them know what was going on. If this was a 'photo op' there would have been more than that one station there and they would have been there when the Obama's arrived.

Instead of putting down the Obama's, why don't you check the yellow pages and call a program tomorrow offering your services as a volunteer. In my community there are so may volunteers at Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter, many of the volunteers only have to be there an hour or two before someone else relieves them. Our church has also had to turn away volunteers because there were so many who wanted to help. Before you put fingers to key pad, check out the facts before you make yourself look like a loser who doesn't give a rat's behind about anyone or anything but yourself.
Great post and thanks for pointing out the Obamas have been doing this for years. We just get to see it now.

Old 11-27-2008, 11:07 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,391,254 times
Post News Video, Obamas Pitch in at Food Bank

Obamas say they want their daughters to learn the importance of "giving back."

ABC News

Old 11-28-2008, 07:23 AM

36,819 posts, read 18,729,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
The Obama family's activities in the courtyard quickly drew the attention of schoolchildren whose windows overlooked the courtyard. They put up a sign against the glass that read: "We love our prez" and screamed when the president-elect waved to them.

Obama then turned to his wife and suggested they go visit the kids. Secret Service agents, looking surprised, disappeared inside the building to accommodate his request.

Minutes later, hundreds of children were brought down to the school auditorium, and Obama loped onstage as they screamed and cheered.
The president-elect then took questions from the children...."
What a craven opportunist.
I simply cannot for the life of me figure out why Obama would lower himself to spend his precious time to benefit people who can't contribute to his campaign and children who can't even vote.

Whatever would Jesus think?

Old 11-28-2008, 07:30 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,008,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I simply cannot for the life of me figure out why Obama would lower himself to spend his precious time to benefit people who can't contribute to his campaign and children who can't even vote.

Whatever would Jesus think?
I know - joke's on him!

Old 11-28-2008, 08:02 AM

36,819 posts, read 18,729,643 times
Well, I'M curious...

Old 11-28-2008, 09:22 AM

5,287 posts, read 4,349,273 times
This thread has run it's course.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections