Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2008, 07:32 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,766,393 times

Advertisements

As pirate girl wrote in another thread, now that Ann Coulter's jaw is broken, supposedly y'all don't have to hear what she says for a while. As I responded in that thread, evidently her fingers weren't broken. To wit:

Quote:
I thought the rest of the world was going to love us if we elected B. Hussein Obama! Somebody better tell the Indian Muslims. As everyone but President-elect B. Hussein Obama's base knows, many of the Guantanamo detainees cannot be sent to their home countries, cannot be released and cannot be tried. They need to be held in some form of extra-legal limbo the rest of their lives, sort of like Phil Spector.

And now they're Obama's problem.

If Obama wants his detention of Islamic terrorists to be dramatically different from Bush's Guantanamo, my suggestion is that he cut off -- so to speak -- the expensive prosthetic limb procedures now being granted the detained terrorists.
While tragic in a weird way, this IS a funny piece. Have a ball, y'all!

Terrorists' Restless Leg Syndrome - HUMAN EVENTS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2008, 07:39 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,037,032 times
I stayed away from that thread because it made little sense. Most of her claim to fame is from the books she has authored. Not sure how breaking a jaw silences you when you are a writer?

Old 11-26-2008, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
I stayed away from that thread because it made little sense. Most of her claim to fame is from the books she has authored. Not sure how breaking a jaw silences you when you are a writer?
Oh, it makes a lot of sense, Tuby. But it was not I who proclaimed she was going to be incoherent or totally silent for a while. I believe pirate girl sides with you?

Happy Thanksgiving, pal, that is, if you celebrate the occasion.

Old 11-26-2008, 07:41 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
That is pretty funny. Happy TG DP

Old 11-26-2008, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
That is pretty funny. Happy TG DP
Backatca, delu!

Old 11-26-2008, 09:17 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,529,007 times
I see she has reverted back to a 3rd grade mentality, using an unflattering form of Mr. Obama name. What in her twisted mind makes her believe that using B. Hussain Obama some validates her hate?

Here is a clue Ann, very soon you need to call him Mr. President, deal with it b!t¢h

Old 11-26-2008, 10:07 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,486,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
I see she has reverted back to a 3rd grade mentality, using an unflattering form of Mr. Obama name. What in her twisted mind makes her believe that using B. Hussain Obama some validates her hate?

Here is a clue Ann, very soon you need to call him Mr. President, deal with it b!t¢h
Are you FOR REAL? Shrub? Get over yourself and what you think is 3rd grade. The liberals have digressed to a fetus-aged mentality if you think what Ann Coulter has to say is at a 3rd grade level.

Not to mention how anytime liberals start losing in a thread it gets shut down.

How convenient!

Old 11-27-2008, 12:26 PM

135 posts, read 224,106 times
I consider Ann one of several posters here, if they were fortunate enough to get a book deal. There are some people who can't handle losing and/or live off of confrontation. Ann is one of them, with Bush in the White House, she has to still slam the left. Now that the left has the White House, she has more fodder. Those likeminded thinkers who don't have book deals, are the ones lucky enough to get to give her money to feel that their opinions are shared and reinforced (and somehow validated).

She can make the same arguments, without all the venom and rightist "frill" if what she really wanted to do was to discuss some point with people who share viewpoints perhaps not in agreement with her own. Using Barack's full name is a great case in point. Only far righties do it, and only far lefties (or those sick of one side purposely trying to rile up the other with no intent of any intelligent discussion at all) get riled up by it. She especially knows that using phrasing like that will only sow confrontation, which is what she likes for either personal and/or monetary (books sales to followers) reasons. All in all, speaking as an independant in the middle, she and her followers (far right) who dare not think that they might be wrong on something are as much a waste as those on the extreme left are.

Maybe the easiest way to explain her is to think of her as the modern Jackson or Sharpton in regards to right vs left instead of black vs white. If you don't think it's a fair comparison, give me some intellectual examples of how it's not (real examples, not dumb BS like "she's not a black male"). And what's the best thing to do with people like this, who thrive off of sowing confrontation? That's right, ignore them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections