U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 09:44 PM

14,505 posts, read 23,767,146 times

Advertisements

Re:Clinton-

surviving a bad marriage AND running a career in the den of lions cannot be easy- personally I give her alot of credit for having survived thus far.

What does everyone think?- (I will add my 2 cents later)

sunny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2007, 09:50 PM

1,298 posts, read 2,407,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post

surviving a bad marriage AND running a career in the den of lions cannot be easy- personally I give her alot of credit for having survived thus far.

sunny.
I have nothing against the woman as a person, to tell the truth. She's put up with a lot for what I'm guessing was for the sake of her career. She's tough, outspoken, and if you've ever looked into it seems to be genuinely there for her constituents.

However, I think she is TOO far left for this country right now. We are a nation divided, and we need a centrist who can pull us all together again. While Hillary may be very capable, she will only further divide us as a country. Only this time the liberals will take the blame for everything.

Right now, I gotta go with Rudy G.

-TT

Old 02-25-2007, 09:51 PM

9,362 posts, read 22,794,597 times
Quote:

sunny.
I admire her, think she is smart and would do a great job. That said, I will, in all likelihood, vote for Obama in the primary, as I feel that she is too polarizing and could not win in the general. (As, I predict, this poll will illustrate.)

Hillary trivia- when her daughter was young, Hillary taught Sunday school.

Old 02-25-2007, 09:57 PM

14,505 posts, read 23,767,146 times
Thanks guys. glad to hear it. It cannot be easy- It must be horrible enough to be a man in politics- a white woman- wow. She will be getting critiqued from A-Z and as a woman, a bad hair day could mean her career is over.

sunny

Old 02-26-2007, 03:46 AM

13,382 posts, read 40,906,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereinfla View Post
I admire her, think she is smart and would do a great job. That said, I will, in all likelihood, vote for Obama in the primary, as I feel that she is too polarizing and could not win in the general. (As, I predict, this poll will illustrate.)

l.
I feel much the same as hereinfla.
However, I also think that that vote for going to Iraq is haunting her, as it should, and I don't particularly care for the way she is handling this. She's acting as though she was duped by the Bush administration, and I am just not buying it. (At least Edwards apologized for his vote.)
I am not sure who I would vote for, but am leaning towards Obama.
Clinton is too divisive.

Old 02-26-2007, 04:51 AM

13,382 posts, read 40,906,509 times
Just want to follow this up with a comment on what Sunnyhelena said: "a bad hair day could mean her career is over."
This is silly, but unfortunately it is all too true.
Both genders give women candidates the kind of scrutiny that men never have to undergo, and it irks me no end.
OTOH
I do think true leadership (in addition to sound policies and decison-making skills) does require an ability to connect, a sense of empathy, the common touch.
You either have charisma or you don't, and Hillary does come off kinda chilly.

Old 02-26-2007, 04:55 AM

3,472 posts, read 5,141,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YapCity View Post
I have nothing against the woman as a person, to tell the truth. She's put up with a lot for what I'm guessing was for the sake of her career. She's tough, outspoken, and if you've ever looked into it seems to be genuinely there for her constituents.

However, I think she is TOO far left for this country right now. We are a nation divided, and we need a centrist who can pull us all together again. While Hillary may be very capable, she will only further divide us as a country. Only this time the liberals will take the blame for everything.

Right now, I gotta go with Rudy G.

-TT
Hillary - NO!!!!! Rudy - YES!!!!!!!!

Old 02-26-2007, 07:54 AM

431 posts, read 309,137 times
Quote:
Thanks guys. glad to hear it. It cannot be easy- It must be horrible enough to be a man in politics- a white woman- wow. She will be getting critiqued from A-Z and as a woman, a bad hair day could mean her career is over.

sunny
Oh please! If THAT were true, she'd be out of politics already!

The woman made her bed with Bill Clinton years ago. She's still lying in it - I have no sympathy for her. Why would anyone? She CHOSE a political life. She CHOSE to stay with a dip-sh*t husband. She CHOSE her career path. In politics, you get criticized for anything and everything. She knew that going in.

Old 02-26-2007, 09:00 AM

3,042 posts, read 8,087,274 times
i have nothing against her personally, i pity her mostly. i think the Osama Obama people should not be attacking her so much

Old 02-26-2007, 09:05 AM

7,378 posts, read 6,728,444 times
I don't understand those who claim that she's come under any more scrutiny than any other candidate running for President. As a matter of fact, I've noticed she's had to endure much less from the press than recent candidates. When was the last time you heard anyone ask her what she would do specifically about ANY issue? Pity? Gimme a break!! She's received exactly what she had expected from her husband, a nice limo ride to power. Her only snag was not being able to get her health care plan through when she was First Lady. Unfortunately, Bill's ego trip required that he drop it in the interest of doing what was most popular.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or