Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 04:46 AM

1,992 posts, read 4,146,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
But at least he spent his money (to which I donated) on a winning campaign. The group that is sponsoring that ad knows they are fighting a losing battle and therefore are wasting money.
All the money spent on his campaign WILL help those people because we have a more transparent White House, and the policies of Obama WILL favor Middle Class and Lower Class people who have not been treated well for many years--not by our tax codes--not by our laws--not by our pay scales in our corporations. That money is an investment in change. The money for the ads in the Chicago Tribune will not cause any change and is simply a waste.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2008, 06:59 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,946,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAbilene View Post
The money for the ads in the Chicago Tribune will not cause any change and is simply a waste.
Hey, I'm happy to see the newspapers getting full page ads. An ad selling silly conspiracy theories is no more offensive than an ad selling toilet paper, IMO. If the people buying the ad think it's worth it, it's OK by me. Newspapers need the money. LOL, maybe they'll make a point to use the money to pay the salary for one more liberal reporter...

Old 12-01-2008, 07:10 AM

695 posts, read 1,377,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
This is just outrageous. What racist crap. Why didn't anyone demand the same level of proof from John McCain? Why accept his birth certificate as authentic? Why not demand that he submit his birth certificate to their "forensic scientists"? Bunch of flaming racists.
Racist crap? What's racist about it?

Personally, I think it's stupid. From everything I've read, this is a long-since dead issue. Obama was born in Hawaii.

But racist? Come on!

Old 12-01-2008, 10:06 AM

2,195 posts, read 3,640,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
My point is that Obama could have used an illegal birth certificate to get a passport. I am not saying he did, justy that it is more than possible to do.
And that would make sense, except it would have been his mother who would have had to have gotten and used the illegal one, because he had it as a child.

And that brings us back to the very simple fact that the only real way that Obama's COLB could be wrong - not fake, but erroneous - is if Dunham had gotten somebody at the hospital or the Bureau of Vital Statitstics to lie for her, since it is from the hospital that the Bureau got its information and from the Bureau that the newspapers got theirs.

And she'd have had to a) manage to do that in a very narrow time frame, between his birth and the Friday on which records were picked up from the hospital for the Bureau.

Guess what!

No motive.

The only advantage to her doing that would be so her son would be eligible to become President. And in 1961, what 18 year old girl is going to think her bi-racial son might head that way?

Old 12-01-2008, 10:42 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,429 times
I love this part:

Quote:
As a formal “Notice of a Constitutional Violation,” the Petition naturally includes the People’s inherent Right to an official Response. As a time-sensitive, election related Petition involving the Office of the President, failure to Respond as requested would constitute an egregious breach of the public trust and confirm the certainty of a Constitutional crisis.
It reminds me of those crazy tax-evaders who make up rights and wrap their arguments in pseudo-legalese. It's so obvious that they're incompetent. And the OP thinks this is a "major development" or something? It's just a bunch of wingnuts engaging in mutual delusion!

Old 12-01-2008, 11:20 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Here's a copy of the letter;

http://www.wethepeoplefoundation.org...r-Nov-2008.pdf

Old 12-01-2008, 11:42 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,193,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I Barack Obama have shown sufficient proof that I am a natural born citizen of the United States of America....now buzz off Shultz!

Old 12-01-2008, 03:45 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,707,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Mr. Shultz is the Barney Fife of the Birth Certificate Brigade.

"I'm tellin' ya Andy, we just need to lock him up. Lock. Him. Up! Yesiree, that's what needs to happen."

Old 12-01-2008, 04:01 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,277,416 times
Gee. Today is December 1, and I don't see anything in the media about this full-page ad.

Old 12-01-2008, 04:04 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,473,891 times
You do realize people would take you seriously on the issues Obama actually screwed up on if these lame talking points weren't constantly brought up, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections