Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 04:08 PM

972 posts, read 1,330,733 times

Advertisements

he wasnt born in kenya but if he was I wouldnt care- our other choice was a war-monger born in Panama who lies and says he was born on base when he was not. Is John McCain a Natural Born Citizen?

Quote:
Colón City

Colón, Panama. «koh LOHN» (2000 pop. 204,208), is the second largest city in Panama, at the Caribbean end of the Panama Canal. Colón was surrounded by, but not part of, the former Panama Canal Zone. Colón is an important port, commercial center, and tourist destination. It was made a free trade zone in 1953 and is the world’s second largest duty-free port.
Colón, Panama

Hay-Bunau-Varilla Treaty 1903

ARTICLE II

The Republic of Panama grants to the United States in perpetuity the use, occupation and control of a zone of land and land under water for the construction maintenance, operation, sanitation and protection of said Canal of the width of ten miles extending to the distance of five miles on each side of the center line of the route of the Canal to be constructed; the said zone beginning in the Caribbean Sea three marine miles from mean low water mark and extending to and across the Isthmus of Panama into the Pacific ocean to a distance of three marine miles from mean low water mark with the proviso that the cities of Panama and Colon and the harbors adjacent to said cities, which are included within the boundaries of the zone above described, shall not be included within this grant. The Republic of Panama further grants to the United States in perpetuity the use, occupation and control of any other lands and waters outside of the zone above described which may be necessary and convenient for the construction, maintenance, operation, sanitation and protection of the said Canal or of any auxiliary canals or other works necessary and convenient for the construction, maintenance, operation, sanitation and protection of the said enterprise.

Old 11-30-2008, 04:10 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,835,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingclouds View Post
he wasnt born in kenya but if he was I wouldnt care- our other choice was a war-monger born in Panama who lies and says he was born on base when he was not. Is John McCain a Natural Born Citizen?

Old 11-30-2008, 04:12 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,924,773 times
Quote:
That is what makes you seem like you are against the country then. The Constitution specifically says that one must be a natural born citizen to be President. You don't seem to care about the Constitution at all. I am not saying that Obama is or isn't a citizen, but I do believe in the Constitution, something that seems beneath you for some reason. To me, the Constitution is more important that anything else in this country.

Old 11-30-2008, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
PirateGirl, you also don't care about the Constitution? I thought more of you than that.

Old 11-30-2008, 04:15 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,108,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
matter to you? Would it matter that he lied to the American people, to the voters? Would it matter to you that he defrauded millions of dollars from campaign contributors? Would it matter that Obama and the DNC conspired to deceive the electorate?

Just curious. Would it matter to you Obama supporters?
What if George Bush were really from Mars? What if Sara Palin is really from Russia? What if Bret Farve is really from Krypton? What if you are really from Nigeria?

Old 11-30-2008, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
That is what makes you seem like you are against the country then. The Constitution specifically says that one must be a natural born citizen to be President. You don't seem to care about the Constitution at all. I am not saying that Obama is or isn't a citizen, but I do believe in the Constitution, something that seems beneath you for some reason. To me, the Constitution is more important that anything else in this country.
Not really most legal scholars think the 14th amendment and many other laws would make McCain and even Obama (if he werent born in HI) natural born BY BIRTH anyways. The definition of natural born has never been clear.

But it doesnt matter, Obama WAS born in Hawaii, good ol USA!

Old 11-30-2008, 04:20 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,582,343 times
Quote:
PirateGirl, you also don't care about the Constitution? I thought more of you than that.
I think it's much more accurate to say she doesn't care about BS discussions like this thread...

Old 11-30-2008, 04:21 PM

Quote:
What about you? Do you care McCain being in the Senate is breaking our Constitution? By admission in his own book, he said he aided the enemy.

Quote:
The 14 Amendment

Section 3. No one shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof.

Old 11-30-2008, 04:21 PM

37,164 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
I am not saying that Obama is or isn't a citizen, but I do believe in the Constitution, something that seems beneath you for some reason. To me, the Constitution is more important that anything else in this country.
Unlike George W. Bush, who said of the Constitution, "It's just a goddamned piece of paper." Google it.

Old 11-30-2008, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Not really most legal scholars think the 14th amendment and many other laws would make McCain and even Obama (if he werent born in HI) natural born BY BIRTH anyways. The definition of natural born has never been clear.

But it doesnt matter, Obama WAS born in Hawaii, good ol USA!
I was replying to your post where you said that you would not care if he had been born in Kenya. That is what I was having a problem with because it goes against our Constitution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections