U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-30-2008, 03:37 PM
 
Location: Chicagoland
41,321 posts, read 43,242,249 times
Reputation: 7116

Advertisements

matter to you? Would it matter that he lied to the American people, to the voters? Would it matter to you that he defrauded millions of dollars from campaign contributors? Would it matter that Obama and the DNC conspired to deceive the electorate?

Just curious. Would it matter to you Obama supporters?
Rate this post positively

 
Old 11-30-2008, 03:49 PM
 
Location: In the sunshine on a ship with a plank
3,413 posts, read 8,544,945 times
Reputation: 2257
I think it's very unlikely that Kenya would have any proof at all that Obama was born there and I don't know that this question will ever be answered to the satisfaction of everyone.

It's hard for me to imagine how I would feel because it's so far fetched. There is a vetting process for Presidential Candidates to register to run. I believe there would be some kind of accountability laid at the feet of some person or department for not vetting him-

However, if he were born in Kenya, I'd be very disappointed to learn that he would not be able to be our President because I think we need someone like him so very badly right now.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-30-2008, 03:53 PM
 
1,317 posts, read 1,556,690 times
Reputation: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
matter to you? Would it matter that he lied to the American people, to the voters? Would it matter to you that he defrauded millions of dollars from campaign contributors? Would it matter that Obama and the DNC conspired to deceive the electorate?

Just curious. Would it matter to you Obama supporters?
Would it matter to you if people felt like you were stuck in reverse and totally and completely obsessed with this issue which you cannot win and cannot let go of???
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-30-2008, 03:56 PM
 
Location: Missouri
3,638 posts, read 4,728,876 times
Reputation: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbleRules View Post
Would it matter to you if people felt like you were stuck in reverse and totally and completely obsessed with this issue which you cannot win and cannot let go of???
How about the obsession so many have about Sarah Palin? Any different? Nope, not at all. It seems that both sides seem obsessed about the other side instead of moving on with their lives and just letting things happen as they will.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-30-2008, 03:59 PM
 
1,229 posts, read 3,157,133 times
Reputation: 456
Would it matter if folks kept making stuff up to worry about???
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-30-2008, 04:01 PM
 
31,482 posts, read 39,047,692 times
Reputation: 13978
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
How about the obsession so many have about Sarah Palin? Any different? Nope, not at all. It seems that both sides seem obsessed about the other side instead of moving on with their lives and just letting things happen as they will.
But we aren't constantly filing lawsuits that keep getting rejected asking her to offer proof that she is really the mother of Trig.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-30-2008, 04:02 PM
 
1,026 posts, read 1,132,896 times
Reputation: 1793
It would matter to me, but I don't for a second think he was born anywhere but the USA. There is just no way that he could have fooled that many people, and convinced so many others to go along with such an elaborate scheme. I just don't buy it as within the realm of possibility.

Last edited by raindrop101; 11-30-2008 at 04:07 PM.. Reason: spelling
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-30-2008, 04:04 PM
 
21,029 posts, read 21,306,774 times
Reputation: 5941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
How about the obsession so many have about Sarah Palin? Any different? Nope, not at all. It seems that both sides seem obsessed about the other side instead of moving on with their lives and just letting things happen as they will.
Well, except that Palin keeps popping out of her igloo to screech out a few interviews and photo-ops.

The issue of Obama being a legal president is over, over, it's over. He's President Elect and that won't change and the crazies who keep posting about his birth certificate or where he was born can NOT and will NOT accept any proof.

But for entertainment value these loonies are fun to watch...the desperation, the angst, the frustration, the teeth grinding, the idiocy! Too funny!
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-30-2008, 04:05 PM
 
1,317 posts, read 1,556,690 times
Reputation: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by raindrop101 View Post
It would matter to me, but I don't for a second think he was born anywhere but the USA. There is just no way that he could have fooled that many people, and convinced so many others to go along with such an elaborate scheme. I just don't buy it as within the rhelm of possibility.
I think you've hit on something...

Some people chose to travel outside the realm of possibility... after all, Fantasyland is the only place where their screwball ideas carry any weight at all...
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-30-2008, 04:07 PM
 
8,289 posts, read 12,995,246 times
Reputation: 5011
sanrene along with tin foil hats you wingers need anti pyschotic medication. How many threads do you idiots need to post about Obama's birthplace?
Seriously I can now understand the paranoi most of you have, Hitler would understand.
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.



All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top