Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ....
Yes, blacks can still complain about racism 47 63.51%
No, blacks cannot complain about racism 27 36.49%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 01:05 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,586,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
he's not half white, he's actually 100% white. the only black influence in his life left him when he was a child. he became black when it was in his political interest. I bet if he had a white wife he would be white, and thus explains his marriage.

Obama is white. Now we have truly entered the Bizarro World. If he had a white wife, he would probably be even more of a black man to white folks...................

Old 12-01-2008, 01:06 PM

695 posts, read 1,375,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
The next time you hear that will be the first time you hear that. He is a black man. Period.
Oh. So now he's not just half black. He's all black? Wasn't somebody just saying that Obama is also of European descent?

Why you dissing the Europeans?

Old 12-01-2008, 01:06 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,078,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreySH View Post
The links Ovcatto provided give absolutely no evidence whatever of whites getting preferential treatment. None. They say that HBCUs have been aggressively recruiting non-black students, offering scholarships, etc. That's far from "preferential treatment."

And for the record, I have absolutely no problems whatever with HBCUs. My point is that blacks DO have innumerable opportunities to get a GREAT education. Would you deny that?

Who will pay for it? College is a great thing if you can afford it. A large percentage of blacks in the country live below the poverty line.

Does that mean blacks can't go to college--of course not. But it's not as easy as cut and dry as you make it seem.

Old 12-01-2008, 01:07 PM

Quote:
you forgot that he's also an egotistical jerk. but I guess that's common knowledge.
I don't know if he is a jerk or not. But to be a successful politician, you have to be egotistical. That quality is common in every one of our Presidents, Senators, Congresspeople and thousands of other successful Americans.

Old 12-01-2008, 01:07 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,823,277 times
if he had a white wife, he would have been shunned by the black community. that is why he married his wife. it's called politics. they both stood to gain. the clintons did the same thing.

Quote:
Obama is white. Now we have truly entered the Bizarro World. If he had a white wife, he would probably be even more of a black man to white folks...................

Old 12-01-2008, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreySH View Post
Oh. So now he's not just half black. He's all black? Wasn't somebody just saying that Obama is also of European descent?

Why you dissing the Europeans?
I'm not dissing anyone. It was the Europeans who set up the race classifications as we have them today. Most Western Hemisphere blacks are combinations of Europeans and Africans. Does that mean that there are no blacks in this country?

695 posts, read 1,375,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
Who will pay for it? College is a great thing if you can afford it. A large percentage of blacks in the country live below the poverty line.

Does that mean blacks can't go to college--of course not. But it's not as easy as cut and dry as you make it seem.
UNCF

I think I'm going to have our last kid apply for a scholarship, and see how it goes.

If she doesn't get the scholarship she applies for, I'm going to start SCREAMING racism, and hire a lawyer!

8,577 posts, read 7,823,277 times
not really. thomas jefferson didn't even list being president as one of his accomplishments on his headstone. obama is going around everywhere he goes with some official seal of the office of the president elect. the man is a typical political moron who is viewed by most, the same way bush was viewed. as a joke.

Quote:
I don't know if he is a jerk or not. But to be a successful politician, you have to be egotistical. That quality is common in every one of our Presidents, Senators, Congresspeople and thousands of other successful Americans.

Old 12-01-2008, 01:10 PM

Quote:
if he had a white wife, he would have been shunned by the black community. that is why he married his wife. it's called politics. they both stood to gain. the clintons did the same thing.
Yeah, Bill Clinton did marry a white woman, didn't he..............Believe me, there are lots of black men with white wives who are not shunned by anyone but the racists.

Old 12-01-2008, 01:10 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,078,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
The blacks voted this guy into office thinking that if he won they'd have a free ride to the land of milk and honey along with a boatload of reparations money.

They'll soon find out that he's an Oreo, and will be expecting the to exercise some responsibility for themselves.
So no blacks voted for Obama because they liked him? That's interesting considering you must've spent 3 weeks moving about the country interviewing every single black person.

I wonder what your thoughts are on the whites that voted for him...white guilt?

your post can't be serious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.