U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-03-2008, 06:49 PM

4,586 posts, read 3,313,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I carried a .32 Cal, in my carry on, onto a commercial flight. I declared the weapon - I gave the clip to the Captain along with the key to the trigger lock.

The gun was at my feet.

I have done this quite a few times (I fly quite often)
You carried a useless weapon on board..What's your point..A locked gun with no ammo isn't really a gun..It's a harmless toy but I'm glad you get to keep your binky on board.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2008, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
They get good training. That was an isolated incident and it didn't go throuhg any "controls". Yeah when the terrorists break into the cockpit I want the pilot to be armed.
They only get approximately 15 hours of training..Air Marshalls get 18 weeks of training. I don't want some fringe gun nut pilot with the muzzle pointed down cabin. I'd rather fight then leave it up to a pilot at 33,000 feet. One isolated discharge in flight is wayyyyy to many for me. It shows a lack of training. That's the problem with guns..It only takes one isolated accident to take ones only life.

Old 12-03-2008, 06:57 PM

25,100 posts, read 24,509,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
You carried a useless weapon on board..What's your point.
Yes, I did

But, you were vociferous in your determination that that was impossible. You even called me a "nut" if I thought differently.

Old 12-03-2008, 06:58 PM

25,100 posts, read 24,509,306 times
Quote:
They only get approximately 15 hours of training..Air Marshalls get 18 weeks of training. I don't want some fringe gun nut pilot with the muzzle pointed down cabin. I'd rather fight then leave it up to a pilot at 33,000 feet. One isolated discharge in flight is wayyyyy to many for me. It shows a lack of training. That's the problem with guns..It only takes one isolated accident to take ones only life.
I would rather have a partially trained, and armed pilot, defending the flight deck against intrusion, than let armed hijackers take control of the aircraft.

Old 12-03-2008, 07:02 PM

1,231 posts, read 2,179,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Do you live in fear?
Nope, and I live in a city where you'd **** your pants to walk around in 90% of it . . .

Old 12-03-2008, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Yes, I did

But, you were vociferous in your determination that that was impossible. You even called me a "nut" if I thought differently.
What's your point? A gun isnt a gun without any bullets. Golf clap for you for carrying you confidence on board...

Still a nut for proving nothing.

Old 12-04-2008, 07:43 AM

7,691 posts, read 9,188,615 times
Please discuss the topic and not other posters.

Old 12-04-2008, 10:41 AM

15,145 posts, read 6,544,694 times
Quote:
I was responding to a post where one individual referred to himself as a wolf and you're trying to turn this into some sexist crap..The spin games dont work anymore so let it go..

I am not the one trying to put a sexist spin to the comments you are.
you said that manhood had something to do with firearms and I said that my girlfriend would be suprised since she owns more firearms than i do.

Old 12-04-2008, 10:43 AM

Quote:
We'll, I think my work here is done so you gun nuts can have the last word(s). Obama is still the Pres-Elect and he is still in favor of gun control which I support. Have fun and rushing out to buy weapons like you have something to hide. The rest of us that dont "cling" will be enjoying our lives not preparing for a coup..I wish you all the best(except in your quest to obtain assault rifles and WMDs). Enjoy the inauguration!!!!!

too bad lieberals like you do not understand the difference between assault rifles and military look alike rifles. assault rifles are already in the pervue of the federal goverment and military lookalike rifles are not.

liberals just want them banned because they look nasty and having the general population owning alot of them goes against their goal of more goverment control.

as far as buyin another civilian lookalike military rifle, misnamed "assault rifle" I shall be buying another one tomorrow without any sort of 4473, and all completely legal.

Old 12-04-2008, 10:48 AM

Quote:
I said commercial jet and if you're a commercial pilot, you must be an FFDO to carry a fiream on board and I hope you're not. Weapons are not permitted in the cabin unless you're an approved FLEO or deputized FLEO.

I should've stayed away
actually, you do not have to be a fleo to carry upon a plane, all federal employees are allowed to carry except for the military when not on official missions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections