Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 11:11 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Aw, I know I'll see you Jan. 20 on the Mall dancing the Messiah Slide
You may be right. Just think of all the great music videos that will be coming from the Oval Office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2008, 11:20 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Let's try 'none of the above'. Obama is like having one's particularly unpleasant mother-in-law move in just down the street. This is a person who you would never choose to have any contact with in the first place and now here she is, right in your face. Likewise, obama has the potential to get in your face- but only if you let him. When he is getting ready to launch into his latest screed, simply turn off the TV. He is not going to do anything to benefit me (or any other productive member of society) and I am not a member of one of his Chosen Groups such as illegal aliens, so why listen to him? I won't bother reading the endless blithering about him in the newspaper and I won't buy People magazine. Just as a shrewish mother-in-law will not be around forever to torment you, in a number of years obama too will be gone.

Simply disengage. I don't need the gubmint in the form of obama to provide me with housing, food, transportation, health insurance or a job. I am not beholden to any politician. In the past, I have voted according to what I felt to be best for the country, or on a more local level what was best for my community. I do not need to vote for someone because they promised to confiscate the wages of hard working people and redistribute them, all the while salivating at the thought of my future handout. I don't need him to provide me with anything. And that is the difference between me and you. For the next number of years I will simply do what I always have done in situations like this, which is keep a low profile and sit back and wait. In time, this too shall pass.

i have to give you credit because it is hard to post on the political forum with all the obama supporters still practically yelling their responses. i will be waiting for the fabulous super-duper 4 years we have ahead of us! this is going be terrific times coming up, you betcha! spending our way out of debt!!!!!

Old 12-03-2008, 11:31 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,985,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
To want to move up the date a person goes into office and he has not even proven that he is even a natural born citizen is beyond classless.

If he had any class, he would want the people to be confident that he is a natural born and publish the proof.
Barack Obama - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Barack Obama was born at the Kapi'olani Medical Center for Women & Children in Honolulu, Hawaii,[1][2] to Ann Dunham, a white American from Wichita, Kansas[3] of mainly English, Irish and smaller amounts of German descent.[4][5][6] Obama's father was Barack Obama, Sr., a Luo from Nyang’oma Kogelo, Nyanza Province, Kenya. His parents met in 1960 while attending the University of Hawaii at Mānoa, where his father was a foreign student.[7][8] The couple married on February 2, 1961;[9] they separated when Obama was two years old and divorced in 1964.[8] Obama's father returned to Kenya and saw his son only once more before dying in an automobile accident in 1982.[10]
Obama was born on August 4, 1961.

Based on the time-frame, my guess is the pregnancy was unexpected, and Obama's parents chose to do the right thing and get married in Feb 1961.

Considering the parents were both attending the University of Hawaii when they met, do you think they would have then traveled outside the U.S. to have the baby, and leave the island of Hawaii? Does common sense ever come into play here?

Old 12-03-2008, 01:23 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,285,143 times
All true. It hard to admit not understanding the whole Obama thing. I think he should be given a chance, for the sake of the country.

Old 12-03-2008, 02:01 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,564,801 times
what do you expect? It's been almost a month since the man was elected and the "nobamas" are still furious & bitter. I expect they will be bitter for the next four years. Hooray!

Old 12-03-2008, 02:08 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,837,664 times
I think these people need to take a good look at the situation and figure out what really drives their hatred.

NCN says baby murder- but Obama had nothing to do with legalizing abortion. In fact, he was just a child when it was legalized.

Old 12-03-2008, 02:13 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
what do you expect? It's been almost a month since the man was elected and the "nobamas" are still furious & bitter. I expect they will be bitter for the next four years. Hooray!
Better yet, the next 8

Ken

Old 12-03-2008, 03:01 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
I think these people need to take a good look at the situation and figure out what really drives their hatred.

NCN says baby murder- but Obama had nothing to do with legalizing abortion. In fact, he was just a child when it was legalized.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
You may be right. Just think of all the great music videos that will be coming from the Oval Office.
I hate to say it, but I think it's racism.

Old 12-03-2008, 03:22 PM

998 posts, read 1,513,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i have to give you credit because it is hard to post on the political forum with all the obama supporters still practically yelling their responses. i will be waiting for the fabulous super-duper 4 years we have ahead of us! this is going be terrific times coming up, you betcha! spending our way out of debt!!!!!
You may want to cut back on the exclamation points if you're going to be characterizing others as "yelling".

Old 12-03-2008, 05:34 PM

37,180 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Better yet, the next 8

Ken
I gotta8gotta8gotta8gotta8,

who'll make it a 12? Do I hear a 12? I'm getting in early.

OBAMA '16
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections