Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2008, 10:58 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jps-teacher View Post
Hoover!

We had both the VP and the President having parentage that were not citizens!

And Charles Curtis - the one from Kansas, before it was a state - grew up speaking French and Kansa, before he learned English. He spent year of his childhood on the Kaw reservation and was 3/8 Native American, 1/8 French.

His mother could not become a U.S. citizen because she was considered an Indian.
OMG! I guess we have to negate everythng in US history from that point on!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2008, 05:54 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Well this has turned into one hell of a trove of American history trivia. It is actually starting to be interesting.

Old 12-05-2008, 07:42 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,948,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Well this has turned into one hell of a trove of American history trivia. It is actually starting to be interesting.
I'll second that. This diversion's been one helluva bizarre yet oddly fun ride. I only wish I'd had a smiley of someone sitting back munching popcorn, enjoying the show. Of course, now I'm ready for it to be over because it got old. Let's face it, even the best comedy routines get stale if they go on too long.

So.... any ideas what time the big announcement will be made?

Old 12-05-2008, 08:00 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
I havent been keeping up, but has this already been covered? It was published Dec. 1.

"Leo Donofrio has just announced that the Cort Wrotnowski case in the US Supreme Court has been delayed 7 days due to his renewed application being sent to an Anthrax Facility. Donofrio is outraged at this delay tactic and behind the scenes chicanery at the Supreme Court."

Cort Wrotnowski delayed 7 days, Anthrax facility, Update December 1, 2008, ** Breaking News ** « Citizen Wells

Old 12-05-2008, 08:48 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
I'll second that. This diversion's been one helluva bizarre yet oddly fun ride. I only wish I'd had a smiley of someone sitting back munching popcorn, enjoying the show. Of course, now I'm ready for it to be over because it got old. Let's face it, even the best comedy routines get stale if they go on too long.

So.... any ideas what time the big announcement will be made?
Breaking news on tv has it that Obama and family have boarded a public jet and have taken off to Hawaii. Evidently their home in Chicago is being boarded up. Not sure if this is related but it is happening. I just read it on a blog that I can't link because you would see I wrote it.

Old 12-05-2008, 08:49 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
IMO the Supreme Court is going to throw it out on Monday...they are to scared to get half the Nation against them.

Old 12-05-2008, 08:52 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,194,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
IMO the Supreme Court is going to throw it out on Monday...they are to scared to get half the Nation against them.
No they'll throw it out today because they'll see it for what it is, pure bunk.

Old 12-05-2008, 08:53 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
The Supreme Court has nothing to be afraid of. The justices are appointed for life for that very reason. They'll throw the case out because it has no merit.

Old 12-05-2008, 08:59 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,948,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Breaking news on tv has it that Obama and family have boarded a public jet and have taken off to Hawaii.
Further developments... enroute to Hawaii they were mysteriously beamed up into mothership, which presumably is headed back to Jor-El.

Witnesses reported hearing voices as the Obamas were beamed off the plane. One said: "Well Barack, how did they figure it out?" The other said "It was that damn speech from Biden. He said I would be challenged and people would see I was a man of steel...."

Old 12-05-2008, 09:07 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,837,664 times
Latest update:

A helicopter just landed in my backyard. The Obama family stepped out and asked if they could use my rest room.

The Secret Service agent pulled out his memory erasing zapper before he left in order to make me forget that this happened.

Good thing I was wearing my tinfoil hat and the zap bounced back to him.

But now I have a man in a black suit in my backyard calling for his mommy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections