Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 08:31 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,305,283 times

Advertisements

Kenyan Government Imposes Gag Order on Obama Family
No media contact: 'We are doing this because we want to ensure better flow of information'

Posted: December 20, 2008 6:50 pm Eastern

2008 WorldNetDaily

Gagged: Mama Sarah

The Kenyan government has barred unapproved contacts between the media and President-elect extended family.

Family members will be required to receive permission from the government before making any public statements about their famous relative, according to the Nairobi Star.

"We are doing this because we want to ensure better flow of information," Athman Said, an under-secretary in the Ministry of Heritage, told the Obama family in Kogelo.

"The government has decided that you should inform its officers who will be based here if you want to address the media."
Journalists wishing to speak with the family must first be approved by the government.

<snip>

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=84172
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2008, 09:19 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,192,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootr View Post
Kenyan Government Imposes Gag Order on Obama Family
CORSI? CORSI THAT LYING PIECE PIG OF A LITTLE MAN? What makes you think anything said by that little PIG is credible?

Old 12-20-2008, 10:02 PM

26 posts, read 46,368 times
Default Corsi or corpus

about the end of impeachment hearings on bill clinton i his elector check my fingerprints in arkansas. I worked in telecommunication for a united nations logistic officer on travel arrangement from out of rwanda to new york. The interesting part of calls from united states to countries across the atlantic i was tap (offen called backtap) in such when conversation is complete a delay in reconfiguration happy a tap open wanted routing through kenya before on to new york. A corpus push to silent of kenya travel from rwanda while genocide investigation in process, a gag order is proof his travels from rwanda did exist while in genocide. The routing is protected as evidence in usca dcc 085399 and i the prosecutor did not order a gag order through mandamus.

Old 12-20-2008, 10:22 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
And when you thought it couldn't get weirder.

Old 12-20-2008, 10:24 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
Heritage minister William Ole Ntimama confirmed that the government had decided to make Obama's fathers home in Kogelo , Siaya district into a national heritage site.

"This is a great opportunity to open up the western tourism circuit and we have asked Treasury to find us some money so that we can roll out a number of projects that will make this a truly memorable cultural site," said Ntimama.

He however expressed surprise at the veto on the family talking to the media. "I am not aware of that ban because my officers have not told me about it. It will be surprising if they have done that because it is not right. The Obama family should be allowed to say whatever they want to without any bureaucracy," said Ntimama.

allAfrica.com: Kenya: Govt Gags Obama Family (Page 1 of 1) (http://allafrica.com/stories/200812110079.html - broken link)

Old 12-21-2008, 12:32 AM

26 posts, read 46,368 times
that is correct on famlies able to talk without censorship the united states is founded of no law for or against freedom to speech the only time a gag would come in if personam is more powerful then press.

Old 12-21-2008, 10:38 PM

2,195 posts, read 3,639,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootr View Post
Why did the SCOTUS refer the case to the full court then? The case had to have merit AND at least four Justices were required to move it to the full court. Can you explain why the case was referred to the full court if you are correct? You can't!
I know I'm late on this, but having dead electricity for 10 days will do that to you.

And none of the responses included my comment, so I don't feel totally absurd.

The section in red? That part deals with its going to a full hearing, not to a distribution to the full court prior to an appearance on the Conference List.

Old 12-21-2008, 10:40 PM

2,195 posts, read 3,639,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcgCali View Post
Kootr's spam site has the right idea. They only allow one thread on this topic and remove all others.
I was over there tonight.

They don't even allow one over there, anymore. It was too much of a nuisance for HANNITY!

(That should tell TN how great a job the C-D mod staff is doing, huh?)

Old 12-25-2008, 10:38 AM

3,463 posts, read 7,305,283 times
Investigating Obama: Oklahoma St. Rep. Mike Ritze Requesting Congress to Challenge Obama's Eligibility; Plains Radio Attacked After Streaming Interview?

Old 12-25-2008, 11:05 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,192,463 times
Why do you come here and post the same message in 3 threads already, people have been banned for less than that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections