U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-05-2008, 06:23 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,791,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Again why are you going down this path. It was Clinton's boodoggle because he had several chances to have Bin Laden's head on a platter and Tora Bora and Bush letting him go there by not using enough American ground forces was? Once again if Clinton is responsible for letting Obama go and now how many years later he is still on the loose? Be consistant many readers would say you are laying the next attack on Bush the logic you are applying to Clinton.
I'm not "consistent?" How so, TuborgP? Other than you are attempting/trying to set me up, somehow.

Pfffffffffft! I'm going to bed, been a long, cold, drafty day round these parts. CYA.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2008, 06:23 PM

23,083 posts, read 18,072,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
Awwwwwwwwwwww Delta. Do you have a crush on me?
I hope not for if he does what is that saying about me? Yuck

Obama fever is running rampant.

Old 12-05-2008, 06:25 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,791,770 times
Quote:
I hope not for if he does what is that saying about me? Yuck

Obama fever is running rampant.
Awwwwwwwwwwwwww, Tuby, I thought the feelings were mutual? Night, y'all!

Old 12-05-2008, 06:36 PM

4,831 posts, read 4,026,815 times
Quote:
It all began with the Florida vote that started it down hill. At that time I was a Bush supporter and my wife was a die hard Bush hater it was at times tense but humorous on my part. You need to remember that a number of former Bush supporters are now detractors and you know how people become when they feel betrayed. Obama may face the same plight four years out depending on how things go. I mean come on the man has been an absentee President of late. Did you see his statement today on the economy. He came out made a statement and turned around and walked back inside. It was as if his father made him come out and make a statement and he did the bare minimum. That is not the stuff that legends are being made of these days.
The political thought was that he needed to clarify his comments from yesterday about the auto industry. clarification can often be obtained by answering one or two questions. If reading the comments of others really bothers you then you might not want to participate in them. This is not a very real world and the participants are not necessarily people you would want your emotions aligned with or against. I say that because you and I don't know them.
Being President is a thankless job and Obama will find out how fickle the American public is. I only hope things go well during his time in DC for the publics sake.

I do have to admit in theory it would be fun if he fell flat on his face and the US continued on a downward slide at hyper-speed. It would be interesting to see the excuses, the blame game, etc.. I don't think I would trade the possible entertainment for what it would mean for the US citizen but the thought does make me chuckle.

That is what is so funny about the electorate and the polarization, people wish the other Party will screw up just so they can bring their party into power just to have a chance to screw up too. Can't you people see through the 2 party system and how you are being manipulated?

Old 12-05-2008, 06:39 PM

645 posts, read 533,921 times
Arrow Are people insane?

This is a crazy thread. Bush hasn't keep us safe...

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " --- B. Franklin

All he has done is stomp on the constitution, gotten us into two wars, shipped our jobs overseas, and had total disregard for main street.

He has left the biggest stain on the American presidency. Good riddence.

Old 12-05-2008, 06:51 PM

3,811 posts, read 2,808,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
I'll cry along with you, boo hoo, boo hoo Obviously, you fail to read sarcasm.
Stupidity, yes. Sarcasm not so much.

Laughing at/sarcasm about our casualties only makes you disgusting.

Old 12-05-2008, 06:55 PM

23,083 posts, read 18,072,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie1964 View Post
This is a crazy thread. Bush hasn't keep us safe...

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " --- B. Franklin

All he has done is stomp on the constitution, gotten us into two wars, shipped our jobs overseas, and had total disregard for main street.

He has left the biggest stain on the American presidency. Good riddence.
I wonder if the Iraqi people felt as safe everyday for the last eight years.

Old 12-05-2008, 06:58 PM

Quote:
You might want to be careful going down that path. To accept that it is his responsibility solely after January 21 is to then put the full burden of 9/11 on Bush since that was his watch. I don't think that is what you are trying to do. It may be contradictory to your perspective.
If we get bombed, attacked, when Obama takes office it will be Obama's fault. He is being informed about nationally security regularly and he will be President. If it happens on your watch you are to blame, no excuses. If any country show aggression to another country or God forbid starts a war it will be Obama's fault. If countries develop weapons of mass destruction it will be Obama's fault. It will all be his fault.

If the economy continues to tank, it will be Obama's fault as he is President and it will be happening on his watch. After all he has the best economic minds out there as advisers.

If the illegal alien problem continues to build and negatively impact our economy it will be Obama's fault, it is on his watch.

If we have any corruption in DC during Obama's watch it will be his fault.

The social security, Medicare, health-care problems will all be Obama's fault during his watch.

Does this sound familiar? It should, we have been hearing it for 8 years.

On the other end of the spectrum if there is worldwide peace and prosperity and we all are rich, fat, dumb, and happy it will be Obama's fault because it happened on his watch.

I know this may sound extreme and silly but for all you sheep it will make perfect sense just wait and see.

Old 12-05-2008, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerDuke08 View Post
How bout going back a lil farther in time, when Brezezinski created the Afghan mujahadeen to fight the Russians, as history repeats itself, Brezezinski is one of Obama's foreign advisors in a time where we are once again in Afghanistan. Brezezinski who once stated in an interview in response to 9/11, "What is most important to the history of the world? The Taliban or the collapse of the Soviet empire? Some stirred-up Moslems or the liberation of Central Europe and the end of the cold war?"

This would soon create the "Carter Doctrine" in Carter's administration and the "Regan Doctrine" in Regan's administration, after as calculated the Russians did invade Afghanistan and the mujahadeen did outlast the Russians. When we went into Iraq the first time, H.W. following these same principles left dissatisfied, his Sec. of Defense was none other than Cheney, coincidence he is VP today, I think not. They conducted bunker bombs after Operation Desert Storm which was continued by Clinton in Operation Desert Fox. this has continued for over a decade before the build up before 9/11. By stretching our reach far into militant islamic territory, we created unintended negative consequences. Bush does have his fault as 9/11 fell on his administration it's easy to point a finger, but I'm sure the incident goes way back in time, where for every action there is a reaction, the unintended consequence manifested itself on our own soil 30 years later.
Hey, nice to hear from someone that still knows how to read and recognize the truth above the political partisanship. Kudos.

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 12-05-2008 at 09:08 PM.. Reason: reference to users

Old 12-05-2008, 07:10 PM

8,434 posts, read 4,255,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
If it happens on your watch you are to blame, no excuses.
We DO agree on something!

There is NO EXCUSE for George W. Bush's actions over the last eight years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections