Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 03:54 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
that sent the Left into a tizzy. The same guy commissioned another poll on McCain voters and also did a side by side comparison of the two. Hands down, the Zogby poll was indicative of the ignorance of Obama voters.

FREEDOM EDEN: John Ziegler: New Poll Results -- McCain and Obama Voters

Why am I not surprised that Obama voters swallowed the HopenChange "theme", hook, line and sinker. There should be a basic civics test administered before people are allowed to vote. Take about dumbing down!

What about a test to be a Vice Presidential candidate on basic government and politics? Hmmmm do you need have greater knowledge to vote or to be Vice President?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2008, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
It has now been more than a month since Obama's landslide victory. If your blood pressure doesn't start dropping soon, you should seek medical attention.
The issues may not be blood pressure related.

Old 12-05-2008, 04:10 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,349,669 times
Quote:
that sent the Left into a tizzy. The same guy commissioned another poll on McCain voters and also did a side by side comparison of the two. Hands down, the Zogby poll was indicative of the ignorance of Obama voters.

Why am I not surprised that Obama voters swallowed the HopenChange "theme", hook, line and sinker. There should be a basic civics test administered before people are allowed to vote. Take about dumbing down!
Linking to a VERY right-wing blog and a poll aired on Fox News is not exactly what I'd call a credible source. I can make any poll agree with what I want it to by asking the right people.

I didn't vote for Obama, but I certainly would not have voted for McCain after he served as a Bush clone for the past 6-8 years. I bet if you took a poll and included Libertarian voters, you'd find that they were more informed than either Democrat or Republican voters. But the fact remains, only about 500,000 of the votes cast are from people who REALLY know the issues on all sides (and know that there are more than just 2 sides to each issue) and who really understand the ramifications of their votes.

McCain voters may be more well informed on the Democratic control of the lower house before November 4th, but they were less informed on the value of "trickle-down economics" and how it has caused a recession every time it's been put into action.

Old 12-05-2008, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
Linking to a VERY right-wing blog and a poll aired on Fox News is not exactly what I'd call a credible source. I can make any poll agree with what I want it to by asking the right people.

I didn't vote for Obama, but I certainly would not have voted for McCain after he served as a Bush clone for the past 6-8 years. I bet if you took a poll and included Libertarian voters, you'd find that they were more informed than either Democrat or Republican voters. But the fact remains, only about 500,000 of the votes cast are from people who REALLY know the issues on all sides (and know that there are more than just 2 sides to each issue) and who really understand the ramifications of their votes.

McCain voters may be more well informed on the Democratic control of the lower house before November 4th, but they were less informed on the value of "trickle-down economics" and how it has caused a recession every time it's been put into action.
For being so smart they sure got a whomping by us dummies. I did read the book How to Whomp the Righties for Dummies. It was the sequel to Politics for Dummies.
Politics For Dummies, 2nd Edition:Book Information - For Dummies

Old 12-05-2008, 04:18 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:

Hey, just for kicks why don't you post some of your favorite old polls that show McCain ahead before the election??!!!

Wouldn't THAT be a fun walk down memory lane???

Old 12-05-2008, 04:31 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,911 times
Quote:
Take about dumbing down!
This just about says it all.

For a person who spent months before the election talking about how unreliable polls are, you sure are spending a lot of energy flogging this one.

Old 12-05-2008, 04:31 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,583,316 times
Quote:

If you want to talk INDUSTRIAL STRENGTH IGNORANCE - consider the few sore losers who are attempting in vain to overturn a presidential election via legal cases challenging Obama's natural-born-citizen status - cases which have no basis whatever in fact - they are just filed by people ignorant of the law who have a blind hatred of Obama and want to overturn the will of the people thru the courts....

You can't get any more ignorant than that!!!

Old 12-05-2008, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Hey, just for kicks why don't you post some of your favorite old polls that show McCain ahead before the election??!!!

Wouldn't THAT be a fun walk down memory lane???
Funny I just finished reading a bunch of them. Truly hilarious but no reason to repost them other then to educate newbies.

Old 12-05-2008, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
This just about says it all.

For a person who spent months before the election talking about how unreliable polls are, you sure are spending a lot of energy flogging this one.
Please recall it was highly subjective analysis of poll validity. If McCain was moving closer and not down over 5% the poll was getting even more accurate until it reversed again. The two weeks when McCain was actually with a lead those couple of polls showing that were so valid and awesome they were commented on every ten minutes.

Old 12-05-2008, 05:45 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,598,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
It has now been more than a month since Obama's landslide victory. If your blood pressure doesn't start dropping soon, you should seek medical attention.
What?!! And ruin for those of us what to hear the "pop"...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections