Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 11:25 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,278,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The Goreacle has been trotting around the globe trying to convince the freezing, huddled masses that the planet is warming. Afterall, the temperature has risen .5 degree in the last 80 years. Since the latest "trend" seems to be a cooling, instead of a warming (but see, that's still consider catastrophic climate change), I can imagine it is a difficult sell.

And that's really all he is - a snake oil saleman.
You've got to be kidding me. Read a few books on the subject, Sanrene. Talk to the folks who are actually educated on this subject. "Cooling" is a factor in global warming. I mean, if you care about your children's future.

Homepage | Union of Concerned Scientists

A Greener Future? | Video channel on TED.com

John Doerr sees salvation and profit in greentech | Video on TED.com

YouTube - Interview with David Suzuki

I really don't understand people who are willfully blind and/or believe in conspiracy theories. Denying global warming because you hate Al Gore is idiotic. Al Gore didn't invent global warming. Do you honestly believe that the vast majority of the world's climate experts are simply wrong? It's not like they have a fortune to gain from the work they do. In fact, most of them are scared sh*tless. If you look hard enough, there's always a marginalized group of "experts" who are financially and/or philosophically invested in denial.

Is it really that difficult to have your worldview challenged? How sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2008, 11:55 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,583,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by island atoll View Post
No, really, why was he pushed aside? Was he too "2000"? He's the millenium man, he would have made a great VP for God Obama!
I think he would have made a better P than Obama. But on a serious note, his following is equal if not greater than the presidency, after he lost the election in 2000, remind you he did win the popular vote, he found a new niche, I mean where was Gore in 1992-2000, though he was in the White House he was barely active in environmentalism. In fact during the 2000 election many such as SNL made fun of him as the most boring politician ever. He took it to a whole new level taking the Nobel Peace Prize and achieveing celebrity status himself. Gore probably lives most of the time in Hollywood now, though he has a mansion in both Virginia and Tennessee.

Old 12-06-2008, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerDuke08 View Post
I think he would have made a better P than Obama. But on a serious note, his following is equal if not greater than the presidency, after he lost the election in 2000, remind you he did win the popular vote, he found a new niche, I mean where was Gore in 1992-2000, though he was in the White House he was barely active in environmentalism. In fact during the 2000 election many such as SNL made fun of him as the most boring politician ever. He took it to a whole new level taking the Nobel Peace Prize and achieveing celebrity status himself. Gore probably lives most of the time in Hollywood now, though he has a mansion in both Virginia and Tennessee.
Gore has been working on environmental issues for years. It's always been his central concern.

On another note, great book:

Amazon.com: Where the Wild Things Were: Life, Death, and Ecological Wreckage in a Land of Vanishing Predators: William Stolzenburg: Books

Old 12-06-2008, 12:21 AM

45 posts, read 241,318 times
I find it funny he lost his own state of Tennessee when he ran in 2000 by a pretty decent margin.

Old 12-06-2008, 09:07 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,630,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Al Gore didn't invent global warming.
Nope. And he didn't invent the internet either, though he will happily take credit for either if it puts more money in his greedy, grubby, lying little paws.

Where was Al Gore in 2008? Busy producing CO2 running around the world selling suckers on plans to tax CO2 for him and his "investment" firms.

Old 12-06-2008, 09:10 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,837,664 times
Al and Tipper campaigned for Obama here in Florida during the last few campaigning days.

Old 12-06-2008, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Nope. And he didn't invent the internet either, though he will happily take credit for either if it puts more money in his greedy, grubby, lying little paws.

Where was Al Gore in 2008? Busy producing CO2 running around the world selling suckers on plans to tax CO2 for him and his "investment" firms.
The internet story is urban legend. Didn't happen.

I spent the first 25 years of my life in Texas, and your backward and offensive attitude is precisely why I'm glad I don't live in Texas any more.

Old 12-06-2008, 11:54 AM

Quote:
The internet story is urban legend. Didn't happen.

I spent the first 25 years of my life in Texas, and your backward and offensive attitude is precisely why I'm glad I don't live in Texas any more.

Texans just don't tolerate hypocrites. Texans are wise.

Learjet liberal: See Al Gore

Old 12-06-2008, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by island atoll View Post
Texans just don't tolerate hypocrites. Texans are wise.

Learjet liberal: See Al Gore
I am a Texan. Texans, by and large, are not the least bit "wise." Depends on where you live in Texas, of course.

Old 12-06-2008, 12:04 PM

Quote:
I am a Texan. Texans, by and large, are not the least bit "wise." Depends on where you live in Texas, of course.

They also don't rush to join bandwagons or fall in love with the latest fad. My kind of people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections