Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 08:19 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,167,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberta View Post
Sarah Palin is Not running for President. Neither is Joe Biden. Why is it so difficult for Obama to release simple documents that would put all of this speculation to rest? I haven't had many thoughts about his eligibility to be President before, but now I am beginning to wonder if he is hiding something. He should put it to rest, so no one will have any doubts. He could do this very easily, and get on with business. If he doesn't, the people who didn't vote for him, will have problems trusting him--and that is a goodly amount of people. The Country doesn't need this controversial division right now.
See this is what happens when you read these nut-ball posts. All of a sudden, you don't know what you really know. Obama was born in Hawaii. There is nothing sinister about him. Keep repeating that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAbilene View Post
I sincerely believe that most of this is closet racism. The posters are afraid to say the real reason that they do not want Obama to be president, so they must dig up all of these issues that are frivolous. I suppose in their minds that 20 or 30 frivolous issues equal one real issue.
I agree. No one was this whipped up about McCain, whose own "natural born' status is certainly up for challenge. (Though I think by most accepted definitions he is NB.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2008, 08:32 PM

1,229 posts, read 3,236,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
My theory is this- he is letting all of this ride. He is allowing these nuts and conspiracy theorists to make fools of themselves in the courts, on blogs, on forums and in the media. I think he is standing down, allowing the far right to implode even further.

. . .

Once the far right has again damaged themselves- hopefully beyond repair and is teetering on the edge of demolition, he will happily produce all of the proof they have been denying exists, thereby giving them that tiny push that will send them over the brink and into the land of extinction.
Exactly. The right-wing morons pushing this stuff are sucking themselves down this rat-hole and BO is laughing all the way.

Old 12-08-2008, 08:35 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,281,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
See this is what happens when you read these nut-ball posts. All of a sudden, you don't know what you really know. Obama was born in Hawaii. There is nothing sinister about him. Keep repeating that.

I agree. No one was this whipped up about McCain, whose own "natural born' status is certainly up for challenge. (Though I think by most accepted definitions he is NB.)
"When Barack Obama Jr. was born on Aug. 4,1961, in Honolulu, Kenya was a British colony, still part of the United Kingdom's dwindling empire. As a Kenyan native, Barack Obama Sr. was a British subject whose citizenship status was governed by The British Nationality Act of 1948. That same act governed the status of Obama Sr.'s children:

British Nationality Act of 1948 (Part II, Section 5): Subject to the provisions of this section, a person born after the commencement of this Act shall be a citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies by descent if his father is a citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies at the time of the birth.
In other words, at the time of his birth, Barack Obama Jr. was both a U.S. citizen (by virtue of being born in Hawaii) and a citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies (or the UKC) by virtue of being born to a father who was a citizen of the UKC.

Obama's British citizenship was short-lived. On Dec. 12, 1963, Kenya formally gained its independence from the United Kingdom. Chapter VI, Section 87 of the Kenyan Constitution specifies that:
1. Every person who, having been born in Kenya, is on 11th December, 1963 a citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies or a British protected person shall become a citizen of Kenya on 12th December, 1963...

2. Every person who, having been born outside Kenya, is on 11th December, 1963 a citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies or a British protected person shall, if his father becomes, or would but for his death have become, a citizen of Kenya by virtue of subsection (1), become a citizen of Kenya on 12th December, 1963.
As a citizen of the UKC who was born in Kenya, Obama's father automatically received Kenyan citizenship via subsection (1). So given that Obama qualified for citizen of the UKC status at birth and given that Obama's father became a Kenyan citizen via subsection (1), it follows that Obama did in fact have Kenyan citizenship after 1963. So The Rocky Mountain News was at least partially correct.

But the paper failed to note that the Kenyan Constitution prohibits dual citizenship for adults. Kenya recognizes dual citizenship for children, but Kenya's Constitution specifies that at age 21, Kenyan citizens who possesses citizenship in more than one country automatically lose their Kenyan citizenship unless they formally renounce any non-Kenyan citizenship and swear an oath of allegiance to Kenya.
Since Sen. Obama has neither renounced his U.S. citizenship nor sworn an oath of allegiance to Kenya, his Kenyan citizenship automatically expired on Aug. 4,1982."

http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/does_barack_obama_have_kenyan_citizenship.html (broken link)

Barack Hussein Obama was born with dual citizenship and is therefore not a "Natural Born Citizen", which is a requirement to be President of the United States.

Old 12-08-2008, 08:44 PM

9,327 posts, read 21,935,667 times
He may have been born theoretically with dual citizenship BUT he never acted on his british citizenship and it has expired. He never had a relationship with the sperm donor known as his father. He is a natural born American citizen. He has never had anything but US citizenship. Last I checked, Hawai'i is an American state.. period.

Old 12-08-2008, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
He may have been born theoretically with dual citizenship BUT he never acted on his british citizenship and it has expired. He never had a relationship with the sperm donor known as his father. He is a natural born American citizen. He has never had anything but US citizenship. Last I checked, Hawai'i is an American state.. period.
Nope! Obama is absolutely not a Natural Born Citizen. You must be a NBC at birth. NBC status cannot be given to someone that didn't have it at birth, and Obama did NOT have NBC status at birth.

Old 12-08-2008, 09:24 PM

9,858 posts, read 11,868,701 times
Kooter, I am going to throw you a bone and admit you just may have something there. But, guess what. It doesn't matter. There is something called the letter of the law and also the spirit of the law. The Supreme Court is clearly on the side of the spirit of the law and are well aware that the fringe movement of which you are a part are not interested in the law being upheld but in Obama being removed from his office. Face it, this should have been decided before the election. None of you thought Obama had a chance in Hade's of winning and to bring up the issue of his citizenship would have brought in the issue of McCain's eligibility. No one wanted that, I wonder why. It is too late to reverse what has happened. That is what overconfidence and complacency gets you. A reversal now would set a precedent for which smarter people than you or I have determined is not worth the loss of morale of the American people that it would cause. Let it go. If you care about America so much see to it that it never has to undergo a Bush presidency again. That is what finished the Republican Party. As for the Democrats, don't get me started. Lets just say that if the choice had been between a white male... any white male, and Obama... ...

H

Old 12-08-2008, 09:27 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,292,319 times
Obama won the election fair and square, my guy lost.
I am over it and ready to move beyond this verbal stuff.............

It is now up to Obama and his staff to do great things or not...........
time and history will tell...............we just need to be patient and see......

Oh and its ok with me if the man smokes...........cut him some slack there,
its a tuff job...............

Old 12-08-2008, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Kooter, I am going to throw you a bone and admit you just may have something there. But, guess what. It doesn't matter. There is something called the letter of the law and also the spirit of the law. The Supreme Court is clearly on the side of the spirit of the law and are well aware that the fringe movement of which you are a part are not interested in the law being upheld but in Obama being removed from his office. Face it, this should have been decided before the election. None of you thought Obama had a chance in Hade's of winning and to bring up the issue of his citizenship would have brought in the issue of McCain's eligibility. No one wanted that, I wonder why. It is too late to reverse what has happened. That is what overconfidence and complacency gets you. A reversal now would set a precedent for which smarter people than you or I have determined is not worth the loss of morale of the American people that it would cause. Let it go. If you care about America so much see to it that it never has to undergo a Bush presidency again. That is what finished the Republican Party. As for the Democrats, don't get me started. Lets just say that if the choice had been between a white male... any white male, and Obama... ...

H
I agree it should have been handled before the DNC chose their candidate. It was up to the DNC to have an eligible candidate, and then it was up to the state's election committee to put only eligible candidates on the ballot...and now it is up to the electoral college to make sure they cast their votes for an eligible person. The system has failed us thus far... Now, it appears it will be up to the Supreme Court to rule on this matter and the Justices decide or send the case to a lower court for it to determine Obama's eligibility. If Obama is sworn in as POTUS without proving his eligibility and it is later learned that he is not eligible the country has an even bigger mess than if it is learned before he takes office. Any bills Obama would sign in office as POTUS would have to be reversed. All cabinet positions would likely be changed or shifted. It would be total chaos! It must be dealt with now and not shoved under the rug because it will NOT go away...

Last edited by Kootr; 12-08-2008 at 09:48 PM..

Old 12-08-2008, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizbin View Post
Exactly. The right-wing morons pushing this stuff are sucking themselves down this rat-hole and BO is laughing all the way.
I wouldn't say Obama is laughing now that the Supreme Court has referred the case to the entire court. For the SCOTUS to deny Donofrio's case on the same day they refer Cort's case to court (which is a very similar case to Donofrio's case but better written)...it says a lot. The SCOTUS almost certainly looked at both cases and wanted to refer the better case to court. That is likely why Donofrio's case had no comments when it was denied.

I suspect Obama has been in touch with the three law firms he engaged (and has purportedly already worked up an $800k tab with) to try to figure out a game plan to get out of this HUGE fraud.

Old 12-08-2008, 10:08 PM

9,327 posts, read 21,935,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootr View Post
Nope! Obama is absolutely not a Natural Born Citizen. You must be a NBC at birth. NBC status cannot be given to someone that didn't have it at birth, and Obama did NOT have NBC status at birth.

yes he was a nbc at birth
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections