Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 03:30 PM

241 posts, read 435,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
People that didn't vote for Obama are apparently shocked that he said he was going to reach across the aisle and that he's following it up by actions which indicate he's reaching across the aisle instead of the polarizing politics we had from the uniter.
I think they expected the same thing they got the last time a guy said he would be a "uniter, not a divider."

I mean, fool me once...shame on me. Fool me twice...you can't...you can't fool me again. Words of wisdom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2008, 05:54 PM

147 posts, read 376,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veridian View Post
I mean, fool me once...shame on me. Fool me twice...you can't...you can't fool me again.
Actually, I think they did!

Old 12-19-2008, 06:52 PM

706 posts, read 1,241,203 times
So far I am OK with Obama, he has not turned out to be the big liberal that he was portrayed,

Old 12-19-2008, 07:00 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,913,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Excepts from an interview of Dr. Gail Saltz by Erica Hill, Professor of Psychiatry, New York Presbyterian Hospital, on Anderson Cooper 360, CNN June 7, 2008 22:00 EST speak for themselves.
I apologise to everyone else on this forum for setting off the 'mass hypnosis therorist'. I am deeply, deeply sorry. Mea culpa, mea culpa...

Old 12-19-2008, 08:45 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
People that didn't vote for Obama are apparently shocked that he said he was going to reach across the aisle and that he's following it up by actions which indicate he's reaching across the aisle instead of the polarizing politics we had from the uniter.
Indeed.

They are surprised to see that people can actually walk the talk, something they find self utterly incapable of.

Old 12-19-2008, 11:57 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,480,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Indeed.

They are surprised to see that people can actually walk the talk, something they find self utterly incapable of.
If you're saying that walking across the aisle means leaving Guantanomo, giving up Christianity ( and Christmas ) because we need to bend over backwards for Muslims, I suppose I see your point. Not.

I will give you this. I'm an American; and many folks want to be American too .... Hitler admirers, dope addicts, Flower Children, people with a fish fetish, etc.

Sometimes it comes down to how far down do you want to see America go?

Sometimes it comes down to how far up do you want to see America go?

I live in the MidWest. Maybe it takes longer or sooner to get America where it wants to go. Or maybe where it already is.

I will not stop voting for what I think is right.

Old 12-20-2008, 12:05 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,292,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
giving up Christianity ( and Christmas ) because we need to bend over backwards for Muslims
What????

I gotta know the source behind this strange claim.

Old 12-20-2008, 01:13 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,480,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
What????

I gotta know the source behind this strange claim.
Go to Washington state and the Daily KOS.

This is the America you voted for, but didn't get.

Also, go to Canada if you want to see Liberalism taking over.

Old 12-20-2008, 04:54 AM

37,170 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Go to Washington state and the Daily KOS.

This is the America you voted for, but didn't get.

Also, go to Canada if you want to see Liberalism taking over.

Been to Washington State and love it. I am active on another board out there. Fine people. I intend to retire in the Vancouver/Portland area in a couple of years. It is, indeed, the America I want, and I still miss Tom McCall.

Don't read the Daily Kos OR World Net Daily. Never have, never will.

Canada ROCKS on a LOT of levels. Their health care system should be the model for the U.S. to follow, and their dedication to preserving the environment is heartening.

Old 12-20-2008, 06:14 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,346,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
Liberals are growing increasingly nervous – and some just flat-out angry – that President-elect Barack Obama seems to be stiffing them on Cabinet jobs and policy choices.
Obama has reversed pledges to immediately repeal tax cuts for the wealthy and take on Big Oil. He’s hedged his call for a quick drawdown in Iraq. And he’s stocking his White House with anything but stalwarts of the left.

Liberals voice concerns about Obama - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20081208/pl_politico/16292;_ylt=ApcGBHytLTXLBbt4C46C8ioazJV4 - broken link)
I'm not concerned, and I consider myself a liberal. All Obama has shown me is that he is doing a great job so far. He is making intelligent decisions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections