Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 09:24 AM

3,047 posts, read 8,999,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgresident View Post
This might be a good thing for us Illinois residents. He has not done much good for us as a governor anyway! he has always seemed pretty self-absorbed, and quite power hungry.
they're all corrupt! remember the governor before blago is still in Prison...LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2008, 09:27 AM

2,522 posts, read 4,374,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
I'm starting to wonder if it's some type of curse on our governors' mansion.
But Blago never lived there. He kept his home on SUnnyside.

I saw him on the news last "tape whatever you want."
I just want to know who candidate #5 is.

90,316 posts, read 120,179,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
they're all corrupt! remember the governor before blago is still in Prison...LOL
And he is a Republican!

8,064 posts, read 17,947,681 times
What, no "B-b-b-b-but, he really cares about working people!" from the Dems here?! Heh.

Won't it be fun to find out how much he was asking for the seat and where the money was going to go?

Old 12-09-2008, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasNootz View Post
It's interesting that so far none of the news sources I've seen have reported that he's a democrat. I'm sure that detail will surface later... but I have a hard time believing that had he been republican the initial headlines would have been "Republican Governor Arrested for Corruption".

Of course, he's a Democrat.

Old 12-09-2008, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
His name is George Ryan, a Republican, and just last week, Blago and our senator and Obama's good friend, Dick Durbin, spoke about having him pardoned.

Oh, you can't beat Illinois and Chicago politicians for corruption!

Old 12-09-2008, 09:33 AM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,039,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
What, no "B-b-b-b-but, he really cares about working people!" from the Dems here?! Heh.

Won't it be fun to find out how much he was asking for the seat and where the money was going to go?
I'm a Dem here, but I saw him for what he was a long time ago and wouldn't vote for him. He's a scumbag.

If you actually think that intelligent people who identify with one party over another don't acknowledge political corruption knows no party bounds, then I'm not sure you can be helped.

Old 12-09-2008, 09:45 AM

8,064 posts, read 17,947,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j33 View Post
I'm a Dem here, but I saw him for what he was a long time ago and wouldn't vote for him. He's a scumbag.

If you actually think that intelligent people who identify with one party over another don't acknowledge political corruption knows no party bounds, then I'm not sure you can be helped.
I used to live in a Democratic hotbed and those people consistently re-elected scandal-ridden Dems until the justice system spoke and hauled the scumbags off to jail. Until then, we were ALL stuck with a sheriff who was running cocaine out of the sheriff's department and a DA who was taking bribes. Hell's bells, if they could have re-elected these losers in jail and kept the seats in trust until they were paroled, they probably would have! It's the hardcore Dems that I know cannot "be helped."

Old 12-09-2008, 09:59 AM

Yikes, the complaint is 47 pages long....and posted on the Tribune's website:
"c. Defendants ROD BLAGOJEVICH and JOHN HARRIS, together with others, attempted to use ROD BLAGOJEVICH’s authority to appoint a United States Senator for the purpose of obtaining personal benefits for ROD BLAGOJEVICH, including, among other things, appointment as Secretary of Health & Human Services in the President-elect’s administration."

Old 12-09-2008, 10:14 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,809,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
Of course, he's a Democrat.

Oh of course because no Republican has ever done anything untoward, right Mama Mia?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections