Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 03:11 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times

Advertisements

Darn it, I hate these incorruptible guys! Think they're better than everybody else!

Old 12-09-2008, 03:16 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,305,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Darn it, I hate these incorruptible guys! Think they're better than everybody else!
And let's not forget about his wife! Maybe you haven't seen the news about Blago's wife! She's next...

==================

"Illinois first lady Patricia Blagojevich's official Web site says she's "committed to spreading the governor's message."

That's putting it mildly, according to the 76-page FBI affidavit released Tuesday accusing her husband, Gov. Rod Blagojevich, and his chief of staff of corruption.

The first lady was not arrested Tuesday, but federal prosecutors nevertheless allege that she was engaged in the governor's attempts to sell Barack Obama's U.S. Senate seat to the highest bidder and to intimidate The Chicago Tribune. The court document mentions the first lady, though not by name, 19 times in six graphic sections.

Much of the information authorities collected came from bugs in the governor's campaign office and his home phone, U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald said at a press conference Tuesday. The prosecutor said Mrs. Blagojevich was referenced in the complaint, but he would not describe her involvement further.

"I'm not going to comment on anyone not charged," Fitzgerald said.

According to the affidavit, in one profanity-laced account, Patricia Blagojevich was allegedly heard in the background of a call between her husband and someone identified as "Deputy Governor A" advising the governor on how to handle The Chicago Tribune, which had published an editorial critical of the governor.

"F--- them," Patricia Blagojevich is quoted as saying, according to the affidavit. In an apparent reference to the Tribune Company's attempts to sell Wrigley Field and the Chicago Cubs, she urges the two engaged in the phone call to "hold up that f---ing Cubs s---."

<snip>

Illinois First Lady Prominent in FBI Affidavit Charging Governor - FOXNews.com Transition Tracker

Old 12-09-2008, 03:21 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the point View Post
His transition was running flawlessly until today, he and Rez. will rat him out to save their own skin, we have birthgate, now blograte, he is in for a rough December. I was just starting to like him, and then the corruptive nature in where he was birthed just reminded me of why I didnt trust him intially.
Why is it that some people have absolutely no concept of what it takes to make an interesting point to other people? This doesn't make any sense. And it doesn't even have enough content to make a decent comment on somebody else's thread. Why would anyone think that this deserved a new thread?

Old 12-09-2008, 03:28 PM

329 posts, read 473,111 times
Default Fool this

. I think it's always safe to assume the worst when it comes to the integrity of our elected officials, including Obama. It's naive to think otherwise. Yes, Barack is smart, but not politically astute enough to realize that associating with Ayers and Wright is moronic politically. Granted, associating with them was politically expeditious enough to gain the trust of the Chicago smart set (Ayers) and South Chicago power brokers (Wright), but those associations should have sunk his Presidential campaign. They didn't because Hillary failed to exploit them. Everyone must remember that Obama is ruthlessly ambitious and cynical and I have no doubt that his hands are not totally clean with Blag, certainly not in the past and perhaps not now.

QUOTE=blacknight04;6491366]Ben Smith's Blog: Blago calls Obama "motherf---er" - Politico.com

Please, stop making a fool of yourself. The guy didn't like Obama!!![/quote]

Old 12-09-2008, 03:37 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times

It's like something out of the twenties. First Tootsie (1929) A tough-talkin' cookie and her power-mad papi grab control of Big Chi for a time, with predictable results. Ginger Rogers, Edward G. Robinson. (Five stars)

Old 12-09-2008, 03:38 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,837,664 times
Quote:
. I think it's always safe to assume the worst when it comes to the integrity of our elected officials,
I'm beginning to think it's always safe to assume the worst when I see a post with your name attached.

Old 12-09-2008, 03:46 PM

1,902 posts, read 2,468,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
The "point" is that whether you trust him or not, Obama is the 44th president. You can wallow in self pity or you can enjoy competent leadership. For a change.

Why do you call him competent? Was it because he told you so, his 143 days of experience or because he is on the same team as you? Did you see his Harvard school records or read his HLR papers? Maybe it's his judgment in picking friends. What exactly brings you to the conclusion that Barry is competent?

Old 12-09-2008, 04:07 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalrap View Post
Why do you call him competent? Was it because he told you so, his 143 days of experience or because he is on the same team as you? Did you see his Harvard school records or read his HLR papers? Maybe it's his judgment in picking friends. What exactly brings you to the conclusion that Barry is competent?
Everything that he's done has been extremely competent. You don't beat the Clintons and the GOP without being competent. You don't win 80% approval ratings without being competent.

Of course, your recitation of wingnut talking points is competent, too.

Old 12-09-2008, 04:14 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,146,867 times
Quote:
. I think it's always safe to assume the worst when it comes to the integrity of our elected officials, including Obama. It's naive to think otherwise. Yes, Barack is smart, but not politically astute enough to realize that associating with Ayers and Wright is moronic politically. Granted, associating with them was politically expeditious enough to gain the trust of the Chicago smart set (Ayers) and South Chicago power brokers (Wright), but those associations should have sunk his Presidential campaign. They didn't because Hillary failed to exploit them. Everyone must remember that Obama is ruthlessly ambitious and cynical and I have no doubt that his hands are not totally clean with Blag, certainly not in the past and perhaps not now.

QUOTE=blacknight04;6491366]Ben Smith's Blog: Blago calls Obama "motherf---er" - Politico.com

Read the articles carefully. There is no connection between Obama and this corrupt case. His name is only on the seat in the Senate that the governor was bidding out. He had nothing to do with it except that the seat was his. Read what the governor said about him when he realized that Obama would not play ball with him.

Please, stop making a fool of yourself. The guy didn't like Obama!!!
[/quote]

Old 12-09-2008, 04:42 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Obama said,"I had no contact with the governor or his office." -- But they endorsed each other and Blagojevich had high hopes that Obama would give him a cushy Cabinet post and lucrative board appointments for his wife .... hmmmm. This sounds like Obama saying Bill Ayers "is just a guy in my neighborhood," then Bill Ayers saying Obama was "a close friend of the family." It's funny, Obama's reality never seems to match that of his dubious associates.
So they endorsed each other. I don't believe Blago was running this year, so O. didn't endorse him this year. Yeah, Blago had these high hopes. . . until he found out Obama couldn't be bought. Jeez, the point. Don't you ever read the whole story?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalrap View Post
Can't you guys give it up? 143 days Obama cast votes. Not 143 working days as a US senator.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections