Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 04:26 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
This attempt to taint Obama with Blago's sins is laughable. I mean, Obama is probably the most offended party in this whole episode. It is his senate seat that is being sold by Blago like a commodity even before he has even vacated it.

Some idiots that post here are incorrigible. They're making it sound like the Illinois senator meeting with the Illinois governor to talk transition is somehow a criminal act. Look, the senator is obligated by law to facilitate transition, and the governor is obligated to look for the replacement. What is criminal is the governor's attempt to make money out of his duties. The victims are the potential replacements to Obama (who have been targeted for extortion) and Obama himself whose name has been dragged into it.
Sorry, but Obama was tainted many months ago when some of his associates came to light ("Rev" Wright, Bill Ayeres, Tony Rezko, et al). This is just confirmation of what we already knew.

I can't help it if you people decided not to believe it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2008, 04:30 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
"Governor Blagojevich congratulates president-elect Obama and discusses US senate seat to fill. . . . " It doesn't say he discussed it with Obama. He did this and that.

I don't know if they met or not, but that is not the tone of the press release.
According to this TV station, which I assume is a reputable station, Obama and the Governor were schedutled to meet the afternoon after the election, and the same station reported several days later that the meeting did take place.

Did they just make it up? Highly unlikely.

Old 12-11-2008, 04:35 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,335,218 times
I actually doubt that Obama was really trying to wheel and deal his senate seat. That said, my take on Obama is that he is no worse and no better than most other politicians. He was successful in getting his primary opponents off the ballot when he ran for state senate for the first time in the 90s. Considering this, the fact that he is a product of the Chicago political machine and his associations, it's hard to see why he's considered some sort of new politician who is above the fray.

He has adjusted his position no public financing of his campaign, windfall profits tax, raising taxes on the wealthy, meeting with rogue dictators without preconditions, withdrawing from Iraq in 16 months and other issues. I'm not trying to criticize him, but don't see the evidence as to why he should be held in higher regard than other politicians.

Old 12-11-2008, 05:11 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post

Or did they just get it wrong. Apparently.

Old 12-11-2008, 05:14 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,583,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Come on now!!!! Both parties are corrupt from top to bottom. At least be truthful about both parties and stopm being so partisan when it comes to corruption.
Corruption indeed shares a lovely bipartisanship, at least more than the bipartisanship C-D farers share.

Old 12-11-2008, 06:04 PM

37,174 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
According to this TV station, which I assume is a reputable station, Obama and the Governor were schedutled to meet the afternoon after the election, and the same station reported several days later that the meeting did take place.

Ask the secret service.

They have been with Mr. Obama 24/7 for months now. If anyone can confirm or deny his whereabouts, they can.

Old 12-11-2008, 10:25 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:

I was referring to the press release, which Kootr kindly posted.

Old 12-11-2008, 10:48 PM

1,229 posts, read 3,245,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootr View Post
So, you're saying that Obama did not meet with Blago?
Yes.

Where does this press release indicate that:

A. They met; or
B. They talked or had any discussion whatsoever.

Saying that Blago congratulated BO in a press release is not the same as saying that they had anything approaching direct communication.

Old 12-11-2008, 10:56 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,305,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fizbin View Post
Yes.

Where does this press release indicate that:

A. They met; or
B. They talked or had any discussion whatsoever.

Saying that Blago congratulated BO in a press release is not the same as saying that they had anything approaching direct communication.
They "met" (past tense). Also, word is getting out that Obama abd Blago had "contact" via telephone...even though the Messiah denies it.

Remember, the affidavit we wee only has 3 1/2 minutes of conversation, but there are like 35 hours that were taped. Have you noticed that Obama is laying low and won't answer any of the direct and pointed questions being asked of him? If he's in the clear - why not answer questions? What's he hiding...and who is he protecting?

Blago will sing like a bird to save his a** by cutting a deal with the Feds. The bigger the target the better, and Blago knows that... Look out above!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections