U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 05:54 AM

15,400 posts, read 25,782,683 times

Advertisements

Ho ho ho, and what a merry election year it's been.

Now there's a stack of gifts under the White House tree. What do you think the various players in this year's election gave each other?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2008, 05:59 AM

Sarah Palin's gift to George Bush:

The turkey that went into the chopper. She bought it on E-Bay. On the card she wrote "George, I just love shopping on E-Bay! They sell everything there, even this gosh darn turkey that I didn't notice while I was busy pardoning the other little guy. Gosh darn that You-Tube, but at least my speech got nationwide coverage, you betcha. Anyhoo, I know it's a little late for this bird to appreciate it but I thought you'd really enjoy getting a chance to grant one of those presidential pardon thingies and have nobody object!"

Old 12-14-2008, 06:01 AM

1,992 posts, read 3,729,005 times
Obama bought Sarah a grammar and sentence structure book.

Old 12-14-2008, 06:08 AM

1,992 posts, read 3,729,005 times
I'm getting into this now.

McCain bought Obama an atlas showing just 50 states. He bought Joe Biden a personality.

Obama bought McCain a bottle of tranquilizers. He bought Sarah Palin a book, 365 Ways to Prepare Moose.

Sarah bought everyone a new wardrobe at Neiman Marcus.

Joe Biden bought train passes for everyone.

George Bush gave Obama two wars and a disastrous economy. He gave McCain his ranch in Crawford for a retirement home. He gave Sarah Palin his private phone number. He gave Joe Biden an invitation to hunt with Dick Cheney at T. Boone Pickens' private ranch.

They all gave me hope for a new America. There will be problems, but things are going to get better.

Old 12-14-2008, 06:08 AM

Rahm's gift to Obama: the vaulted birth certificate. The tag reads: "Barack, buddy, can you believe Blago wanted $500,000 for this? I finally managed to persuade him to give it back to you for free. Ummmm, don't ask too many questions about how I got him to give it back... Chicago politics, you know..."

Old 12-14-2008, 06:15 AM

Hillary gave everyone specially designed bobble head dolls of herself. They're designed to nod in agreement whenever our new SOS makes a statement.

Old 12-14-2008, 06:16 AM

Sarah Palin gave Dick Cheney a helicopter, so he can really enjoy goin' hunting with his lawyer friends now.

Old 12-14-2008, 06:21 AM

Joe the Plumber left McCain a gift certificate for roto-rooting. But McCain sent it back, saying "No thanks, I think you've reamed my pipes more than enough lately."

Old 12-14-2008, 06:27 AM

Oh my James, these are great. You have a gift for this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAbilene View Post

McCain bought Obama an atlas showing just 50 states. He bought Joe Biden a personality.

Obama bought McCain a bottle of tranquilizers. He bought Sarah Palin a book, 365 Ways to Prepare Moose.

George Bush gave Obama two wars and a disastrous economy. He gave McCain his ranch in Crawford for a retirement home. He gave Sarah Palin his private phone number. He gave Joe Biden an invitation to hunt with Dick Cheney at T. Boone Pickens' private ranch.

They all gave me hope for a new America. There will be problems, but things are going to get better.

Old 12-14-2008, 06:40 AM

19,868 posts, read 22,731,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAbilene View Post

Some really great ones by both of you, but this one by James is my absolute favorite.

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections