U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 10:59 PM

10,864 posts, read 11,914,596 times

Advertisements

I heard they've already started carving his face into Mt. Rushmore. Amazing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2008, 06:51 AM

5,027 posts, read 5,532,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Wow;the laws of stastics say he will be successful.Now that is intellectual and profound. Has alot of promise but not ready to be presdient is what his VP and Secretary of State said over and over about him in the primaries. We will certainly see has he now has to act; not just make alot of promises.
Perhaps you shouldn't publish your thoughts if you know nothing about statistics. I said he was "likely" to be successful. Yes, it's possible to have two failures in a row. But statistics say that's not likely. Read more carefully, please. And perhaps a community college course might serve you well.

I've supported my comment with multiple facts, and all I hear in return is "your messiah," and "you'll be sorry when you learn...," and "he's not qualified." Well, he's shown himself to be much more capable at the job than the current President who has 8 years of on-the-job experience.

So, by all means, keep up your pathetic whining about Mt. Rushmore. Keep imagining what you hope will happen and how sorry we'll all be if your sour grapes projections come to pass. But none of you are prescient. And none of you have the slightest clue what's going to happen. I trust the actual evidence.

Old 12-15-2008, 07:06 AM

34,611 posts, read 33,607,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by political genius View Post
How will America look at Barrack Obama in 3 years? Will be be as popular as Jimmy Carter was at the tail end of his term? What will Barrack Obama's popularity rating be in 2011?
I think at least half depends on things not entirely under his control as is true with a lot of Presidents. It seems to me that people, in general, don't pay attention unless it impacts them directly as individuals. Also, those same deadheads tend to take crappy Congressional actions or inactions and assign blame to the President once it actually hits them.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:49 PM

2,968 posts, read 2,626,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by political genius View Post
I strongly believe that in three years that Barrack Obama is another Jimmy Carter. For you guys who do not remember Jimmy, he was another outsider President who came in with a certain amount of chrisma and talked about change. He also came into office facing a bad economy. He failed. I see simarilies between Barrack Obama and Carter in how they sold themselves to voters, the "change thing" and people's excitement about them.

How will America look at Barrack Obama in 3 years? Will be be as popular as Jimmy Carter was at the tail end of his term? What will Barrack Obama's popularity rating be in 2011?
I don't know, ask me in 2011....

Old 12-15-2008, 09:54 PM

16,885 posts, read 13,006,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
I don't know what it will be. It won't be worse than Bush's, that would be almost impossible.

you never know, bambams popularity might be alot worse than bush&company.

but if that is the case, I just see liberals just saying it is still just bushes fault.

Old 12-16-2008, 03:17 PM

20,310 posts, read 19,430,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I think at least half depends on things not entirely under his control as is true with a lot of Presidents. It seems to me that people, in general, don't pay attention unless it impacts them directly as individuals. Also, those same deadheads tend to take crappy Congressional actions or inactions and assign blame to the President once it actually hits them.
Bingo..... Take the last 2 years as an example.
I think it will depend on how many promises Obama made and will keep that will determine his popularity. I mean lets face the facts he made some serious unfullfillable promises along the way. Lower taxes on 95% of US citizens and yet to pay for even half of what he promised we would need a huge surge in spending. Where will that cash come from? The final 5% who already pay the majority of taxes? He has a tough job ahead of him just cleaning up this mess we are in. A good first step would be tariff's on foreign goods to match tariffs that they place on ours.
But we will see I am willing to give him a fair chance but make no mistake he will not be able to deliver on even 50% of his promises. I am eager to see how his devout worshippers respond to failed pledges.

Old 12-16-2008, 04:23 PM

2,968 posts, read 2,626,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
you never know, bambams popularity might be alot worse than bush&company.

but if that is the case, I just see liberals just saying it is still just bushes fault.
Kinda like how bush continues to blame, ahh Clinton....

Old 12-16-2008, 06:32 PM

16,885 posts, read 13,006,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
Kinda like how bush continues to blame, ahh Clinton....

I blame clinton for the stupid laws he put into place, and I will blame bush for the stupid laws he put into place. like the patriot act and the homeland security department.

Old 12-16-2008, 07:13 PM

5,027 posts, read 5,532,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I blame clinton for the stupid laws he put into place, and I will blame bush for the stupid laws he put into place. like the patriot act and the homeland security department.
You left quite a few things off the list. Will you also hold Bush accountable for the torture, for the wiretapping, for the violation of habeus corpus, for the outing of Valerie Plame, for starting wars on bogus intelligence that he wanted to be true, for perpetuating the greed and avarice that lead up to the current economic crisis, for spending our grandkids' money.

So sure, Clinton deregulated Wall Street, and did a few other things - like helping to perpetuate the Dot Com boom, but he did nothing remotely close to Bush. And most likely, Obama will spend most of his first term just wrestling with the mess he's been left with.

If Obama fails, it will primarily be because of Bush.

Old 12-16-2008, 07:35 PM

4,986 posts, read 8,481,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
If Obama fails, it will primarily be because of Bush.
Now that's rich! The guy hasn't even taken office yet and you are already making up excuses for him. I'm sure psychologists will be busy for years to come studying and describing the neuroses you Bush haters have come to inflict upon yourselves. I suppose that when our Sun finally goes Nova in a few billion years, that will be Bush's fault as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections