U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 07:03 PM

41,314 posts, read 39,488,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
If you had simply said this from the beginning instead of playing the "show me a link--oh you did--well, then show me a confirmation of that link" game I would have been with you 100%.
Do you think it matters to me whether you're with me 100% or 50 or 20 or 0?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2008, 07:06 PM

18,051 posts, read 10,072,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Do you think it matters to me whether you're with me 100% or 50 or 20 or 0?
Good! You're back.

Did you watch the video that JamesAbilene posted? What did you think about it?

YouTube - Getting the Trifecta

Old 12-14-2008, 07:25 PM

7,352 posts, read 9,177,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
How is this any different than out-going president Clinton, who did the same?

Heartland Institute - Article (http://www.heartland.org/policybot/results.html?artId=99 - broken link)
Clinton increased regulation. Bush is stripping it away.

Big difference.

Old 12-14-2008, 07:50 PM

21,044 posts, read 19,508,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
I hear your arguments, and on the one hand I'm with you. He was trivializing some terrible events. On the other hand, I'm personally going to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one. Sometimes when you are faced with terrible events you end up making jokes like that as a way to deal with it. Like whistling in the graveyard, I guess.

This fall I had a lot of frightening things happen all at once--I travelled out to the dnc convention and collapsed 3,000 miles from home. I had to be rushed to a hospital, was diagnosed with lymphoma, and when the convention was over I had to find someone to help me drive home because the doctor wouldn't let me drive alone. The long drive was worrisome enough, but we had yet another problem: Hurricane Gustav was approaching and we didn't know how dangerous it might be.

How did I deal with it? By making dumb jokes. I probably said things like "hitting the trifecta of bad luck." It's not that I didn't know my problems were serious--it was just a way to deal with them. And I think that's what Bush was doing at this moment. I don't think he mean to trivialize the problems.
Sorry, this is where we disagree. George Bush has mocked a woman condemned to death, made a joke of looking for WMDs, trivialized soldiers horrific wounds by comparing them to a scratch on his hand, joked about his base being the "haves and have mores", and there are more examples of his callous stupidity and heartlessness.....the man is a pig with no sense , no intelligence, no integrity, no soul, ...nothing.

Last edited by Who?Me?!; 12-14-2008 at 08:10 PM..

Old 12-14-2008, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAbilene View Post
Here it is on YouTube at a Republican fundraiser. He jokes. The audience laughs. He may not be rejoicing, but he is certainly not taking the items seriously. I am mad all over again. Sorry I started looking this up.

YouTube - Getting the Trifecta

Sorry for the overkill, but I was so angered with this back in 2002 that I don't want people to forget that he said it. To me it trivialized the major problems facing our country. And, he followed with the deficit as he said he would.
It's useless to try to provide a link for some posters ( which they COULD easily do themselves) because they wouldn't believe anything you provided. That's why I won't bother with certain posters. They would deny bush has done anything wrong with their dying breath..

Old 12-14-2008, 08:04 PM

7,352 posts, read 9,177,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
The difference is: we weren't left gazillions of dollars in debt; there was not hundreds of thousands of civilian women, men, children and soldiers maimed, murdered, and tortured; there was no abu gharib; there were no Blackwater indictments; this country was not hated globally; we were not overrun with 20+ million illegal aliens; we were not pressing 2 for English; and we were not headed for the next great depression.

That's just for starters. How am I doing so far?
In fact, Clinton left us with a budget surplus.

And NAFTA (but that's for another thread. . . )

Old 12-14-2008, 08:07 PM

7,020 posts, read 10,103,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
In fact, Clinton left us with a budget surplus.

And NAFTA (but that's for another thread. . . )
Exactly!

Old 12-14-2008, 09:09 PM

48,516 posts, read 83,654,959 times
Its too many democrats who only read the liberal propoganda and will believe anything written agianst Bush. Really pathetic.

Old 12-14-2008, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Its too many democrats who only read the liberal propoganda and will believe anything written agianst Bush. Really pathetic.
The OP stated FACTS....FACTS..you know those inconvenient things that repubs can't face or admit to or handle.

Old 12-14-2008, 10:17 PM

38,854 posts, read 20,104,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
What's so unfortunate is that some people think that every thing is fine, bush kept us safe, because there were no more big explosions. They fail to see that there are other forms of terrorism.
What other forms of terroism are you referring to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or