U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 09:24 AM

86,892 posts, read 102,319,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman0 View Post
For all those who helped elect a corrupt Chicago politician who seems to, along with his buddy the Illinois Governor, have taken the job to scam money for political appointments, are you embarassed by your decision yet?
I quoted a post from the Chicago forum about how there was no love lost between Blago and Obama. Perhaps you should take a look over there (and also the general Illinios forum) before you call Obama and Blago "buddies". Yes, Chicago, and most of Illinois, has a lot of corruption, but that doesn't mean every politician there is corrupt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2008, 09:55 AM

1,405 posts, read 4,374,754 times
Quote:
I would gladly look at and consider a valid source if you would like to present one. Unfortunately, the New York Times is far from unbiased or reliable.

The facts are these:
- Governor Blagojevich is accused of trying to sell Obama's seat.
- Obama said neither he nor his campaign had any contact with Blagojevich.
- Evidence surfaces of at least incidental contact with Blagojevich regarding this issue.
- Obama promises to release any communications between his staff and the Governor.
- The Obama administration fails to release any communications.
- Evidence surfaces that Rahm Emanuel, president-elect Obama's chief of staff, had detailed contacts with the Blagojevich administration.
- Emanuel, either on his own initiative or through Obama, refuses to discuss the issue with the press.

The facts are clear:
1. The Obama administration has information relevant to the criminal inquiry, and had some degree of involvement.

2. Despite promises to be open and transparent, the Obama administration has failed to divulge what it knew or knows.

3. When confronted with a part of this evidence, the Obama administration closed ranks and hushed up.

Where's your transparency?

Would you like to see some of the other promises that Obama made to get elected and is now backtracking on? There's quite an extensive list.

You'll pardon me (a poor choice of words under the circumstances perhaps... ) if I decline to present source after source until I find one which meets with your approval. Particularly since you cite no sources whatsoever.

Old 12-15-2008, 10:07 AM

31,385 posts, read 32,023,420 times
Just for S&G's

The facts are clear:
1. The Obama administration has information relevant to the criminal inquiry, and had some degree of involvement.

Then that is a matter between the US Attorney and the those with relevant information, not the press.

2. Despite promises to be open and transparent, the Obama administration has failed to divulge what it knew or knows.

How does one divulge that one doesn't know? Currently Bob Bauer is trying to find something to divulge and if and when he finds something Obama has stated that he will divulge it. Divulgently speaking.

Obama damage control - Kenneth P. Vogel and Jonathan Martin - Politico.com

3. When confronted with a part of this evidence, the Obama administration closed ranks and hushed up.

Confronted with what evidence? The evidence that there was no evidence?

[MOD CUTersonal attack]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 12-15-2008 at 10:31 AM..

Old 12-15-2008, 10:10 AM

15,254 posts, read 16,775,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Perhaps if one single word in your screed were even remotely accurate, but they aren't, so I'm not. Maybe in 6 years, after you and yours have spent $80 million in tax payer money you might catch Obama getting a blow job from an intern, but until then, I'm proud as hell of what Obama has done so far and expect to be even prouder still in the upcoming years.
What Ovcatto said! Obama is doing a great job.

BTW, McCain said to lay off trying to connect Obama to Blago, so why don't you do that?

Old 12-15-2008, 10:14 AM

878 posts, read 1,883,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz longue View Post
You'll pardon me (a poor choice of words under the circumstances perhaps... ) if I decline to present source after source until I find one which meets with your approval. Particularly since you cite no sources whatsoever.
Ok, let me present this again:

- Governor Blagojevich is accused of trying to sell Obama's seat.
ROD BLAGOJEVICH: Gov. Rod Blagojevich arrested, charged, released -- chicagotribune.com
- Obama said neither he nor his campaign had any contact with Blagojevich.
Obama Is 'Appalled,' Insists He Had No Contact With Blagojevich Over Senate Seat - FOXNews.com Transition Tracker
- Evidence surfaces of at least incidental contact with Blagojevich regarding this issue.
Obama Discussed Seat With Blago Nov 5 | Sweetness & Light
- Obama promises to release any communications between his staff and the Governor.
Political Punch
- The Obama administration fails to release any communications.
Pressure builds on Obama to release his Blagojevich contacts | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times
- Evidence surfaces that Rahm Emanuel, president-elect Obama's chief of staff, had detailed contacts with the Blagojevich administration.
Emanuel Discussed Senate Replacement With Blagojevich Staff | AHN | December 15, 2008 (http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7013404153 - broken link)
- Emanuel, either on his own initiative or through Obama, refuses to discuss the issue with the press.
Rahm ducks reporters' questions on Blago :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: 44: Barack Obama (http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/obama/1326788,rahm-emanuel-blagojevich-obama-121108.article - broken link)

Despite your paranoia about the fall from grace of your morning star (or was it light bringer?) this issue is not about President Bush. Obama has set himself up for failure, and his house of cards is beginning to collapse.

Again, where is the transparency? Are you embarassed yet that you fell for Barack Obama's lies and political thuggery?

Old 12-15-2008, 10:15 AM

750 posts, read 1,264,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
What Ovcatto said! Obama is doing a great job.

BTW, McCain said to lay off trying to connect Obama to Blago, so why don't you do that?
McCain is not Hannity.
I expect to see more drivel like the op's as Hannity/Klannity continues to foam at the mouth. Sore loser? Naaaaah.

Old 12-15-2008, 10:21 AM

68 posts, read 72,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsqueezer View Post
McCain is not Hannity.
I expect to see more drivel like the op's as Hannity/Klannity continues to foam at the mouth. Sore loser? Naaaaah.
Don't drag Hannity's good name into this. He's a great American. Obama would do well to have half of his pride in this great nation. Hannity only speaks the truth, which some people don't like.

Old 12-15-2008, 10:32 AM

878 posts, read 1,883,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsqueezer View Post
McCain is not Hannity.
Well crap, then the Chicago Tribune, Fox News, New York Times, ABC, CNN, NBC, CBS, LA Times, Washington Post, New York Post, Washington Times, Headline News, Chicago Sun Times, MSNBC, Politico, Slate, Drudgereport, U.K. Times, AP and Reuters are all just full of right-wing propagandists spouting GOP talking points and deny the greatness of Obama?

Thanks for the eye opener!

Old 12-15-2008, 10:37 AM

40,017 posts, read 24,268,964 times
Quote:
Well crap, then the Chicago Tribune, Fox News, New York Times, ABC, CNN, NBC, CBS, LA Times, Washington Post, New York Post, Washington Times, Headline News, Chicago Sun Times, MSNBC, Politico, Slate, Drudgereport, U.K. Times, AP and Reuters are all just full of right-wing propagandists spouting GOP talking points and deny the greatness of Obama?

Thanks for the eye opener!
So these news sources are credible when they agree with your version of events, but if they disagree they aren't credible?

Old 12-15-2008, 10:39 AM

2,260 posts, read 3,365,652 times
Quote:
For all those who helped elect a corrupt Chicago politician who seems to, along with his buddy the Illinois Governor, have taken the job to scam money for political appointments, are you embarassed by your decision yet?

The Obama administration, while promising to be forthcoming and transparent, has dodged reporters and refuses to release records regarding their involvement in the selling of our political future.

So are you embarassed yet, having fallen for the empty promises of Barack Obama? Or do you still hold out some slim sliver of hope that Barack Obama is going to follow through on any of his campaign promises?

The President-elect is showing himself for what he always was, a liar and a fraud, more interested in his own personal advancement than in improving our country. Hopefully in '12 all of you who voted for this empty suit will wake up and see that a candidate's record speaks louder than mindless rhetoric.
I didn't voter for Obama either but I doubt the supporters are embarrassed. I'm cautiously optimistic, the issue I have with many Obama supporters is they want to crown him as one of the greatest Presidents, and already doing a great job, etc, etc. Granted some will say he picked a really well rounded cabinet. That's fine. I think people are getting to pie in the sky and getting the carriage in front of the horse. For the love of God at least let him get sworn in first. More of his success will be dictated by Congress than himself. Somehow people always conveniently forget this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or