U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 08:05 AM

21,044 posts, read 19,533,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
Why do people consistently bring someone else into a post? This post was about Caroline Kennedy and her very frequent "you know" what does Palin have to do with that? It seems like a elementary playground around here. Why can't people just reply to the post without dragging someone else into it? Palin is no longer in the picture except for the people of Alaska and I don't see to many of them on here. If you go to the Alaska forum they don't even talk about her, geez get over it, McCain tried it and lost and over and done with. Let's move on to things that really are important.
Well, it's not really important that Caroline Kennedy there says "you know" but the repubs NEED something there to hang on to, you betcha!. Palin was brought in there because if you want to pick on speech patterns there and sounding stupid she is the best example there (next to Georgie) and the repubs worshipped her...

...her idiotic use of the word "there" at every opportunity, her screechy voice , rambling incoherent "answers", and phony "down-home" accent were acceptable to them for a VP candidate there, you betcha twang screech by golly!!!! But they object to Kennedy's "you knows" ????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2009, 09:28 AM

15,400 posts, read 25,793,312 times
It's ironic to compare Kennedy and Palin.

One has speech habits that are faulty. Her thinking is sound but she gets lost in a sea of distracting ums and you knows.

The other one has a brain that's faulty. She doesn't distract her audience with ums and you knows... it's her thinking that's lost at sea.

Old 01-05-2009, 09:34 AM

4,264 posts, read 8,144,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Well, it's not really important that Caroline Kennedy there says "you know" but the repubs NEED something there to hang on to, you betcha!. Palin was brought in there because if you want to pick on speech patterns there and sounding stupid she is the best example there (next to Georgie) and the repubs worshipped her...

...her idiotic use of the word "there" at every opportunity, her screechy voice , rambling incoherent "answers", and phony "down-home" accent were acceptable to them for a VP candidate there, you betcha twang screech by golly!!!! But they object to Kennedy's "you knows" ????
You know it goes both ways, the dems NEED something to hang on to, so they consistently bring Palin into converstations. Actually if they don't like Palin then don't watch her or listen to her as I said she is non existent and if the dems really think she is going to make another appearance in 4 yrs they are delusional, after the way she was received I would like to hope the repubs wouldn't go down that road again. However, Caroline Kennedy is very possibly going to be a senator and her "you knows" are very distracting from the message she is trying to get across.

Last edited by ajzjmsmom; 01-05-2009 at 09:54 AM..

Old 01-05-2009, 09:40 AM

15,400 posts, read 25,793,312 times
Quote:
Actually if they don't like Palin then don't watch her ...
Don't like her????? Are you kidding????

I think most of us love her. Lo-o-o-o-ve her (at least, as long as she keeps acting so folksy and quirky). You betcha we do. She's a true gift to the democratic party! Besides, you gotta love someone who can always make you laugh. There's something so bizarrely-yet-amusingly wacky about that special Palin style...

especially when you're in the other party and don't have to worry about voting for her.

Last edited by normie; 01-05-2009 at 09:50 AM..

Old 01-05-2009, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
Don't like her????? Are you kidding????

I think most of us love her. Lo-o-o-o-ve her (at least, as long as she keeps acting so folksy and quirky). You betcha we do. She's a true gift to the democratic party! Besides, you gotta love someone who can always make you laugh. There's something so bizarrely-yet-amusingly wacky about that special Palin style...

especially when you're in the other party and don't have to worry about voting for her.

Wow, if you love her I sure as hell would hate to see someone you guys hated, that would be brutal, indeed.

Old 01-05-2009, 10:00 AM
Status: "Elect a clown? Expect a circus!" (set 13 days ago)

58,093 posts, read 40,870,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_plain_woman View Post
I can not believe that Caroline Kennedy is going to be the next Senator from New York. She is just to shy and inarticulate for the job. That job is for the big leagues, not for someone better suited for the Library. She met with the press finally and came off terribly and said "you know" 142 times during the short interview.

The past 7+ years have proved beyond a shadow of doubt that being articulate IS NOT a required to be President of the United States, what makes yo think it should be requiremed to be a Senator?

Old 01-05-2009, 10:22 AM

21,044 posts, read 19,533,614 times
Quote:
You know it goes both ways, the dems NEED something to hang on to, so they consistently bring Palin into converstations. Actually if they don't like Palin then don't watch her or listen to her as I said she is non existent and if the dems really think she is going to make another appearance in 4 yrs they are delusional, after the way she was received I would like to hope the repubs wouldn't go down that road again. However, Caroline Kennedy is very possibly going to be a senator and her "you knows" are very distracting from the message she is trying to get across.
Check the OP. Who brought what NEED to the forefront?

Old 01-05-2009, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Check the OP. Who brought what NEED to the forefront?

sorry you know my brain must still be on vacation because I reread the OP and didn't see any NEED merely questioning if she is really ready to be a senator because she seems to be to shy and inarticulate. As I have stated before her "you knows" are very distracting and quite frankly it doesn't matter how annoying and unintelligent people find Palin she is history. However Caroline Kennedy is at the forefront of the news right now.

Old 01-05-2009, 02:38 PM

32 posts, read 86,306 times
Are you sure you didn't lose track counting?

Old 01-06-2009, 03:54 PM

2,665 posts, read 3,410,439 times
Only in the liberal mind will you find that a successful, articulate female governor can't keep up with Caroline's "you know" brilliance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or