U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 08:11 AM

10,946 posts, read 8,240,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Obama very openly admits his cocaine use. But he controlled himself. He didn't go hog wild and pickle his brain, like a certain current president I could name.

So, yes! Obama did partake. But no, he didn't transform himself into a stammering moron. He's still brilliant. And he's what we need to clean up after the current crop of chickenhawks. They've made a mess of the chicken coop formerly known as the White House.
Have you listened to his one on one non rehearsed interviews? Not stammering, um? Plus, you have no way of knowing if his brain is scattered or not, never having heard of him prior to his political career.

Time will tell what kind of president Obama will be. It foretells turbulence that parts of the press and his own party are already balking at his proposals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2009, 11:02 PM

4,135 posts, read 9,402,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
who else wants the seat?
why should she get it just because of her name?
Lots of people want the seat. If she gets it, it will be because she can fundraise and Gov. Paterson needs all the fundraising he can get between now and 2010 for the state.

She came to the Western NY area and didn't even talk to people. She couldn't pronounce names of people or places and was basically devoid of knowledge of this end of the state. Even hillary was better on that......

Give the seat to a western NYer.

Old 01-21-2009, 07:58 AM

11,102 posts, read 13,169,050 times
Although it's really none of my business since I do not live there,BUT I've never let that stop me from having an opinion and butting in

JMO...I'm SURE there are MILLIONS upon millions of more articulate,qualified people within the state to take that job.I'm not impressed with anything about her(as far as qualifications to lead are concerned and that's the issue) and if she didn't come from the dynasty that she comes from,nobody would even look twice at her for the position.

Old 01-21-2009, 06:17 PM

20,857 posts, read 39,095,620 times
It's over. She has withdrawn her name from consideration. Story at: Caroline Kennedy ends Senate bid: reports - washingtonpost.com

I wasn't thrilled about her getting that spot, and would rather see the younger Cuomo in the seat. Now that Hilary Clinton has resigned her senate seat, Paterson is free to fill the vacancy. We may have a name soon.

Old 01-21-2009, 06:19 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,057,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Although it's really none of my business since I do not live there,BUT I've never let that stop me from having an opinion and butting in

JMO...I'm SURE there are MILLIONS upon millions of more articulate,qualified people within the state to take that job.I'm not impressed with anything about her(as far as qualifications to lead are concerned and that's the issue) and if she didn't come from the dynasty that she comes from,nobody would even look twice at her for the position.
Hey MS, why not but in on nY State politics, as it seems to me they gave us a bunch of carpet baggers sometime back...............

Old 01-21-2009, 06:23 PM

8,388 posts, read 8,327,427 times
Default Caroline Kennedy will Seek Clinton's Senate Seat

Oh, yeah?

Old 01-21-2009, 06:27 PM

11,102 posts, read 13,169,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convert 54 View Post
hey ms, why not but in on ny state politics, as it seems to me they gave us a bunch of carpet baggers sometime back...............:d

Old 01-21-2009, 06:51 PM

7,208 posts, read 8,371,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
It's over. She has withdrawn her name from consideration. Story at: Caroline Kennedy ends Senate bid: reports - washingtonpost.com

I wasn't thrilled about her getting that spot, and would rather see the younger Cuomo in the seat. Now that Hilary Clinton has resigned her senate seat, Paterson is free to fill the vacancy. We may have a name soon.

Kieth Olbermann just said the story of Kennedy withdrawing is not true...more to come

Old 01-21-2009, 06:57 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,189,521 times
I just got it as a news breaking on my e-mail.

Old 01-21-2009, 08:01 PM

8,449 posts, read 12,419,578 times
Bye bye Caroline...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or