U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 08:41 PM

13,781 posts, read 23,758,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quelinda View Post
Wow, she is so arrogant to try to get such a high position as her first office. She needs to start with state senator or perhaps as a representative and gain some experience and prove herself to the people of New York. She wants to just swoop in on her last name, which I think is really outrageous.
Exactly, they really should give the seat to someone who has gone through political campaigns and paid their dues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2008, 01:19 AM

2,015 posts, read 4,996,982 times
What a family of narcissists to say the least, perhaps not a bad thing if some of them actually had some experience before they take office.

Old 12-16-2008, 01:22 AM

16,885 posts, read 12,997,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
Looks like two Kennedy's will be serving in the Senate. I assume if Caroline wants the seat, it's hers.
Clip:
Caroline Kennedy, the daughter of an American political dynasty, has decided she will pursue the U.S. Senate seat being vacated by Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton, a person told of her decision said Monday.
If appointed, Ms. Kennedy would fill the seat once held by her uncle, the late Robert F. Kennedy.
Ms. Kennedy has been making calls this morning to alert political figures to her interest.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/16/us...gewanted=print

I think the kennedy's should stay out of politic's once and for all. the sham they have led in the last 20 years just goes to show that they truly do not care about the american people, they just care about keeping all that power within their family.

just another reason that term limits should be put into place for both houses of congress, as it is for the potus.

Old 12-16-2008, 01:29 AM

21,044 posts, read 19,519,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
Caroline Kennedy may be the first female president. So says my dh. Something to ponder.
That's what I thought, too. 2016.

As to her experience, she has been saturated in politics from birth, has BIG strings, lotsa pull, can get things done.

It's funny the repubs wanted a total dope like Palin to be VP(possibly President) but object to a highly qualified, intelligent, person being given a Senate seat. Tell ya what, let's have the people of NewYork vote on who'd they want more, the DivaDope or Caroline...

Oh, ya, have any of you repubs offered YOUR services? Promoted someone YOU want???

Old 12-16-2008, 11:06 AM

From wikipedia:

"""
Kennedy is an attorney, editor, writer and member of the New York and Washington, D.C. bar associations. She is one of the founders of the Profiles in Courage Award, given annually since 1990 to a person who exemplifies the type of courage examined in her father's Pulitzer Prize-winning book of the same name. The award is generally given to elected officials who, acting in accord with their conscience, risk their careers by pursuing a larger vision of the national, state or local interest in opposition to popular opinion or powerful pressures from their constituents. In May 2002, she presented an unprecedented Profiles in Courage Award to representatives of the NYPD, the New York City Fire Department, and the military as representatives of all of the people who acted to save the lives of others during the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001.[4]
For 22 months from 2002 through 2004, Kennedy worked as director of strategic partnerships for the the New York City Department of Education. The three-day-a week job paid her a salary of $1 and had the goal of raising private money the New York City public schools.[5] In her capacity, she helped raise more than $65 million for the city’s public schools, according to her biography at the Kennedy Library.[3] She currently serves as the Vice Chair of The Fund for Public Schools, a public-private partnership founded in 2002 to attract private funding for public schools in New York City. [6]
In addition, Kennedy is currently President of the Kennedy Library Foundation,[3] a director of both the Commission on Presidential Debates and the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, and Honorary Chairman of the American Ballet Theatre. She is also an adviser to the Harvard Institute of Politics, a living memorial to her father.
Kennedy has represented her family at the funeral services of former Presidents Ronald Reagan in 2004 and Gerald Ford in 2007, and at the funeral service of former First Lady Lady Bird Johnson in 2007. She also represented her family at the dedication of the William J. Clinton Presidential Center and Park in Little Rock, Arkansas in November 2004."""

Old 12-16-2008, 11:36 AM

5,945 posts, read 4,859,461 times
Default Caroline Kennedy will Seek Clinton's Senate Seat

To be honest, I'd rather see another Kennedy in the senate than another Clinton.

Old 12-16-2008, 11:42 AM

7,987 posts, read 11,200,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
I think that Caroline Kennedy, who has no experience in government whatsoever, has no business being senator. The arrogance astounds me. There are many people who have devoted their lives to public service, and who are interested in the job, who should be at the top of the list. If she weren't a Kennedy, she wouldn't have a prayer. Since when have Senate positions been bestowed as a form of political inheritance? I thought we lived in a democracy, not a monarchy. I think it's appalling.
Well said.

Old 12-16-2008, 12:48 PM

34,599 posts, read 33,585,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
I think that Caroline Kennedy, who has no experience in government whatsoever, has no business being senator. The arrogance astounds me. There are many people who have devoted their lives to public service, and who are interested in the job, who should be at the top of the list. If she weren't a Kennedy, she wouldn't have a prayer. Since when have Senate positions been bestowed as a form of political inheritance? I thought we lived in a democracy, not a monarchy. I think it's appalling.
I feel the same way you do. Let her run for a house seat for the district where she lives if she wants to get into politics. Talk about audacity!

Old 12-16-2008, 12:49 PM

34,599 posts, read 33,585,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
That's what I thought, too. 2016.

As to her experience, she has been saturated in politics from birth, has BIG strings, lotsa pull, can get things done.

It's funny the repubs wanted a total dope like Palin to be VP(possibly President) but object to a highly qualified, intelligent, person being given a Senate seat. Tell ya what, let's have the people of NewYork vote on who'd they want more, the DivaDope or Caroline...

Oh, ya, have any of you repubs offered YOUR services? Promoted someone YOU want???
How is Kennedy highly qualified?

Old 12-16-2008, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I feel the same way you do. Let her run for a house seat for the district where she lives if she wants to get into politics. Talk about audacity!
Ya, she hasn't done a THING for New York

In May 2002, she presented an unprecedented Profiles in Courage Award to representatives of the NYPD, the New York City Fire Department, and the military as representatives of all of the people who acted to save the lives of others during the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001.[4]
For 22 months from 2002 through 2004, Kennedy worked as director of strategic partnerships for the the New York City Department of Education. The three-day-a week job paid her a salary of $1 and had the goal of raising private money the New York City public schools.[5] In her capacity, she helped raise more than $65 million for the city’s public schools, according to her biography at the Kennedy Library.[3] She currently serves as the Vice Chair of The Fund for Public Schools, a public-private partnership founded in 2002 to attract private funding for public schools in New York City. [6]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or