Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who has damaged America most?
Bush 30 44.12%
Cheney 10 14.71%
Bush's cronies 7 10.29%
Al Qaeda 21 30.88%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 04:35 PM

11,287 posts, read 16,564,446 times

Advertisements

I'll vote when I see an honest poll.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2008, 04:38 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,458,256 times
I dunno, can we put "the American people" in the pole?

The American people are the ones that voted the current administration in for a second time in a row.

They are also the ones that didn't seem to particularly care that we were invading another country until it was clear that there would need to be sacrifices. This has only come up in the past couple of years as the "sacrifices" were deferred for several years.

They are also the ones that have bought into an unsustainable consumer culture. And this only seemed to matter when the economy started to tumble.

George Bush and his administration is just a reflection of what our short sited cynical society was for the last x years.

Old 12-16-2008, 04:49 PM

31,672 posts, read 40,884,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Of course, some of the damage is not yet obvious, but it's becoming more so every day.
This poll is as bad as the ones that start out slamming Obama as part of their question. I hope we don't have four years of dueling polls that border on the ridiculous. Just as Obama supporters are starting to make the he isn't and American etc crowd look more and more ridiculous polls like this help to balance things out for them.

Old 12-16-2008, 04:58 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,406,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
...as did you.

No oversight on my part. Bush's record is not a matter of my opinion.

Old 12-16-2008, 04:59 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,406,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
This poll is as bad as the ones that start out slamming Obama as part of their question. I hope we don't have four years of dueling polls that border on the ridiculous. Just as Obama supporters are starting to make the he isn't and American etc crowd look more and more ridiculous polls like this help to balance things out for them.

Sorry you didn't enjoy it.

Old 12-16-2008, 05:52 PM

31,672 posts, read 40,884,092 times
Quote:
Sorry you didn't enjoy it.
The fringe right is doing a great job on here turning people against them. My concern is anything that helps to slow down their demise and gives their credibility a breath of hope.

Old 12-16-2008, 08:38 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,203,598 times
Quote:
No oversight on my part. Bush's record is not a matter of my opinion.
But your skewed, blindly hateful perception of it is.

Old 12-16-2008, 08:44 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,192,636 times
Quote:
But your skewed, blindly hateful perception of it is.
Criminy. Look at the state of the country! You're going to blame people who see that and are angry about it?

There are blind, hateful people on this forum, and they are the ones who are making up FUD about Obama while ignoring the horrible disaster that is Bush.

Old 12-16-2008, 08:46 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,203,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Criminy. Look at the state of the country! You're going to blame people who see that and are angry about it?

There are blind, hateful people on this forum, and they are the ones who are making up FUD about Obama while ignoring the horrible disaster that is Bush.
Blame Bush for Katrina. Check.
Blame Bush for 9/11. Check
Blame Bush for the mortgage crisis - which began in 1997. Check.
Blame Bush for the price of gas. Check.
Blame Bush for black people having AIDS. Check.
Blame Bush for the auto industry crisis. Check.

Let's see... Is there anything you HAVEN'T blamed Bush for? Is he responsible for the skid marks in your undies too?

Old 12-16-2008, 09:21 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,192,636 times
Quote:
Blame Bush for Katrina. Check.
Blame Bush for 9/11. Check
Blame Bush for the mortgage crisis - which began in 1997. Check.
Blame Bush for the price of gas. Check.
Blame Bush for black people having AIDS. Check.
Blame Bush for the auto industry crisis. Check.

Let's see... Is there anything you HAVEN'T blamed Bush for? Is he responsible for the skid marks in your undies too?
Where did I blame him for any of those? Do you enjoy lying about other people that much?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections