Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who has damaged America most?
Bush 30 44.12%
Cheney 10 14.71%
Bush's cronies 7 10.29%
Al Qaeda 21 30.88%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 09:23 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,129,519 times

Advertisements

Filet Mignon said:

Let's see... Is there anything you HAVEN'T blamed Bush for? Is he responsible for the skid marks in your undies too?

Thanks, FM, I wondered who was doing that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2008, 12:04 AM

9,484 posts, read 16,375,019 times
Bush, but in all fairness his many followers are also part of the blame.

Old 12-17-2008, 07:02 AM

2,223 posts, read 2,203,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAbilene View Post
Filet Mignon said:

Let's see... Is there anything you HAVEN'T blamed Bush for? Is he responsible for the skid marks in your undies too?

Thanks, FM, I wondered who was doing that!
He's doing it to me too - the jerk!

Old 12-17-2008, 07:58 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,588,822 times
You didn't leave a place to vote for "far left liberals". So I won't be voting.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:04 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,406,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
You didn't leave a place to vote for "far left liberals". So I won't be voting.

Consider the following...

GOP has held the White House for 28 of the past 40 years
GOP has held both houses of congress for 14 of the past 14 years
The Supreme Court is solidly in conservative hands

Tell me all about the damage that the mighty, powerful "far left liberals" have inflicted while being out of power.

Old 12-17-2008, 09:57 AM

241 posts, read 433,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
Blame Bush for Katrina. Check.
Blame Bush for 9/11. Check
Blame Bush for the mortgage crisis - which began in 1997. Check.
Blame Bush for the price of gas. Check.
Blame Bush for black people having AIDS. Check.
Blame Bush for the auto industry crisis. Check.

Conversely, Republicans have had control of both houses of Congress as well as the Presidency for 6 of the past 8 years. The state of the nation today is that we are engaged in the longest foreign war in American history, and are facing the worst economic crises since the Depression. Just how much Republican power equals an ounce of accountability?

Old 12-17-2008, 10:50 AM

31,672 posts, read 40,884,092 times
We the people have had more then our share of the blame. We are the ones who made the decisions that created much of todays problems. Government may have contributed to the environment but we are the ones who operated in it to our own disadvantage.

Old 12-17-2008, 11:16 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,366,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
We the people have had more then our share of the blame. We are the ones who made the decisions that created much of todays problems. Government may have contributed to the environment but we are the ones who operated in it to our own disadvantage.
I disagree.

Bush and Cheney behaved the past eight yearslike the only time they were accountable to the public was at election time. They otherwise played free and fast with the constitution and pursued an agenda that was counter to the national interest. The rubber stamp GOP congress made no attempt to block them.

Exactly what option do you see the public having?

Old 12-17-2008, 12:02 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,008,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I disagree.

Bush and Cheney behaved the past eight yearslike the only time they were accountable to the public was at election time. They otherwise played free and fast with the constitution and pursued an agenda that was counter to the national interest. The rubber stamp GOP congress made no attempt to block them.

Exactly what option do you see the public having?
Agree - we were all paralyzed and intimidated for about five years after 9/11, and didnt know/couldnt believe Our Leaders would do this to us. But when we figured it out then protests began in earnest.

Agree that Bush is ultimately The Decider.

OP, you dont have a button for The War on Christmas!

Old 12-17-2008, 02:25 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,492,531 times
There should be a few other choices. The Democratic congress and also Al "I believe in ghosts" Gore. How about Hollywood with all the degeneracy and filth they spread to the rest of the country. Several much better choices than several listed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections