U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-22-2008, 12:35 PM
 
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
14,095 posts, read 23,612,695 times
Reputation: 7981

Advertisements

I see liberals as being unpatriotic because of their statements against the US Military, their protest against military recruiters, and their vandalism of military recruiting stations. Combine that with their burning the American flag while trying to punish college students who burn foreign flags of terrorist (UC Berkeley). College professors who blame the victims of 9/11 and even call some of them Nazis. College professors who call for the deaths of American soldiers. Liberals only seem to like their country when a Democrat is in the White House. Conservatives like their country no matter who is in office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-22-2008, 02:10 PM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
12,613 posts, read 8,732,760 times
Reputation: 6326
There has been alot of interesting posts about this subject. Here is my 2 cents:

People who are patriotic do not go out of thier way to find something wrong with the US just so they can get off their unemployed butts and protest. Patriotic Americans do not look for the worst in America, but the best.

As we all know, 99% of all protesters in the US are libs
99% of all protests are against Conservative ideas
When was the last protest against Iran? How many US protesters burn Mexican flags in the streets to protest illegal immigration?
How many protests IN THE US involve burning American flags?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-22-2008, 02:12 PM
 
Location: Columbia, SC
18,051 posts, read 10,064,650 times
Reputation: 6970
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
I see liberals as being unpatriotic because of their statements against the US Military, their protest against military recruiters, and their vandalism of military recruiting stations. Combine that with their burning the American flag while trying to punish college students who burn foreign flags of terrorist (UC Berkeley). College professors who blame the victims of 9/11 and even call some of them Nazis. College professors who call for the deaths of American soldiers. Liberals only seem to like their country when a Democrat is in the White House. Conservatives like their country no matter who is in office.
Could you supply us with a couple of quick examples of "statements against the U.S. Military", please?

I know a LOT of liberals who are mad as hell with the way our armed forces have been misused and mistreated by the Bush administration, but I don't know anyone who blames the troops for the sins of W.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-22-2008, 02:13 PM
 
Location: southern california
55,471 posts, read 74,358,652 times
Reputation: 47872
kind of like definition of a true german under third reich, really very scary stuff i am so glad donkeys won, that is getting to be one scary elephant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-22-2008, 02:19 PM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
12,613 posts, read 8,732,760 times
Reputation: 6326
Quote:
I know a LOT of liberals who are mad as hell with the way our armed forces have been misused and mistreated by the Bush administration
Alot of liberals? When did they care about the military? whether its was misused or not, Liberals hate the military, and everything it stands for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-22-2008, 02:21 PM
 
Location: Columbia, SC
18,051 posts, read 10,064,650 times
Reputation: 6970
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Alot of liberals? When did they care about the military? whether its was misused or not, Liberals hate the military, and everything it stands for.
Patently false and inflammatory, and you know it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-22-2008, 02:24 PM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
12,613 posts, read 8,732,760 times
Reputation: 6326
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Patently false and inflammatory, and you know it.
Then show me an example of a liberal group who says ANYTHING even remotely positive about the military...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-22-2008, 02:28 PM
 
Location: Dallas, TX
31,777 posts, read 24,817,121 times
Reputation: 12162
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Then show me an example of a liberal group who says ANYTHING even remotely positive about the military...
Define military.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-22-2008, 03:21 PM
 
Location: Southeast
4,296 posts, read 6,256,850 times
Reputation: 1445
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Could you supply us with a couple of quick examples of "statements against the U.S. Military", please?

I know a LOT of liberals who are mad as hell with the way our armed forces have been misused and mistreated by the Bush administration, but I don't know anyone who blames the troops for the sins of W.
Look up an organization called Code Pink.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-22-2008, 03:25 PM
 
Location: Virginia Beach
7,450 posts, read 5,799,627 times
Reputation: 2170
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Alot of liberals? When did they care about the military? whether its was misused or not, Liberals hate the military, and everything it stands for.
Do not speak for every liberal. I'm a liberal, and I'm heading into the military myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:18 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top