U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 01:01 AM

2,015 posts, read 4,996,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro2008 View Post
Blago would have caught the shoe and asked it how much a senate seat was worth (a real "shoe-in" for the job)
Vote for Pedro!

Old 12-23-2008, 02:10 AM

144 posts, read 126,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
Jus' sayin.
No way dude!!!
Bastard bowled a 37...
Bush played baseball and avoided both shoes
with ease!
But again Obama is sooo skinny he would be hurt to hit.

Old 12-23-2008, 03:26 AM

14,248 posts, read 15,079,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerDuke08 View Post
Vote for Pedro!
Yeah, that one get's the nod for sure.

Old 12-23-2008, 03:33 AM

144 posts, read 126,256 times
Obama is not athletic like Bush.
Obama only knows basketball....why is that????

Old 12-23-2008, 01:47 PM

30,194 posts, read 16,560,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
But chances are, the audience would have been carefully screened and "invitation-only", reducing greatly the chance of someone prepared to throw a shoe.
Do you think that only Republican events are "carefully screened"? Both parties screen the attendees of these events.

Old 12-23-2008, 04:02 PM

17,700 posts, read 35,554,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Barack would let it hit him, too busy pondering what would be the politically correct action to take. Quick action not his forte. Nope, he would have a black eye or two....
No, Barack would have stopped it in middair and changed it's trajectory so it would have hit Maliki in the chops.

Old 01-19-2009, 05:48 AM

30,194 posts, read 16,560,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenlabs View Post
Obama is not athletic like Bush.
Obama only knows basketball....why is that????
Ha,ha! I still can't figure out why these libs think this guy is so great. What has he ever done (other than work for ACORN, the corupt organization that helps the Dems steal elections), and a short term as a largely absentee Senator. He's not even the brightest bulb.

The libs call Bush stupid, but I'll bet he has a higher IQ than Obama. Actually, I'm sure of it, since Bush was a pilot, and one of the military requirements for pilot training are an above average IQ. I know that for fact from my Navy days, when in boot camp I was selected as a candidate for the NAVCAD program - I went to the indoctrination class, where they told us about the program and how and why we were selected, the training we would go through like survival training, etc. I didn't sign up....Vietnam was heating up. I chose to go to electronics school.

Old 01-19-2009, 06:05 AM

17,700 posts, read 35,554,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Ha,ha! I still can't figure out why these libs think this guy is so great. What has he ever done (other than work for ACORN, the corupt organization that helps the Dems steal elections), and a short term as a largely absentee Senator. He's not even the brightest bulb.

The libs call Bush stupid, but I'll bet he has a higher IQ than Obama. Actually, I'm sure of it, since Bush was a pilot, and one of the military requirements for pilot training are an above average IQ. I know that for fact from my Navy days, when in boot camp I was selected as a candidate for the NAVCAD program - I went to the indoctrination class, where they told us about the program and how and why we were selected, the training we would go through like survival training, etc. I didn't sign up....Vietnam was heating up. I chose to go to electronics school.
Pilot my keester ... he was put into the champagne brigade so he wouldn't have to go to Vietnam. You actually THINK that Wonderboy had to go through the same battery of testing that non-Wonderboys had to go through??? Stop making George W. Bush seem like the everyday man. This guy has had everything ...EVERYTHING handed to him on a silver platter with the presenter saying "anything else for you George?"

Just stop with the George W. Bush is smart crap ... he's a complete spoiled brat moron.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:17 AM

9,334 posts, read 19,422,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude1948 View Post
The whole point of the shoe throwing was that shoes are regarded as an insult in Muslim beliefs. Bush avoided impact. If Obama would have caught them, would he have been tainted?
Actually it is the bottom of the feet / shoes that are considered insulting in the middle east. Not shoes generically, not muslim specifically. At business or social events you do not cross your feet and show the bottom of your shoes to people.

Old 01-19-2009, 01:11 PM

11,102 posts, read 13,153,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
Is that a promise!!!! Can I get that in writing???

Anything that is 100 times as powerful as Clinton is MY KIND OF PRESIDENT!!!!

As I've said before, if giving Clinton his own personally selected Harem in the West Wing could have brought him back for a 3rd and 4th term, I (and millions of others) would have done whatever we could to make it so!!!

Anything is better than the piece of crap that currently infests the Oval Office!!
I concur without reservation!!!! And besides that,I agree with you too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or