Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 02:06 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,837,664 times

Advertisements

In response to this thread:

Report: Track Palin addicted to oxycontin and cocaine

I don't think we should use Palin's children as an excuse to trash her.

And I don't intend to participate in this thread beyond starting it.

But if you want to complain about HER, then do it here. But don't drag innuendo and falsehoods about her children into the mix.

Old 12-22-2008, 02:09 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
dont wana whup up on sara no more. she has served her purpose, she sunk GOP and put mr obama in the white house. without her we could not have done it. we win often not so much from our own skill but from the mistakes of our adversaries.

Old 12-22-2008, 02:29 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
I'm actually missing her. Don't dismiss her completely. I want her back on national stage so we can continue having fun. Go Palin... 2012!

Old 12-22-2008, 06:37 PM

37,177 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I'm actually missing her. Don't dismiss her completely. I want her back on national stage so we can continue having fun. Go Palin... 2012!
I envision her place in history sort of like Joe Hill and the unions.

"Everywhere a republican runs, it's there you'll find Sarah Palin".

Harder to rhyme than "Joe Hill", but I bet Pete Seeger and Joan Baez could knock out a ditty and wrap a vocal or two around her that wouldn't quit.

Back it up with Pete's banjo and you might start another folk revival.

Old 12-22-2008, 06:39 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times
I'm not a fan of her politics but I think its going a little far to judge her in the area of her parenting skills.

Old 12-22-2008, 08:13 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,481,332 times
Quote:
Originally posted by pirate girl
In response to this thread:

Report: Track Palin addicted to oxycontin and cocaine

I don't think we should use Palin's children as an excuse to trash her.

And I don't intend to participate in this thread beyond starting it.

But if you want to complain about HER, then do it here. But don't drag innuendo and falsehoods about her children into the mix.
I agree. Unlike some liberals on this board, at least you have some class. Going after someone's children, especially when said child is risking their life for your right to say it is beyond tasteless. Doesn't even matter if you dislike the war.

Couldn't rep ya, unfortunately...

Old 12-22-2008, 10:13 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
dont wana whup up on sara no more. she has served her purpose, she sunk GOP and put mr obama in the white house. without her we could not have done it. we win often not so much from our own skill but from the mistakes of our adversaries.
True - she's the real heroine of the Obama campaign.

Old 12-22-2008, 10:33 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I envision her place in history sort of like Joe Hill and the unions.

"Everywhere a republican runs, it's there you'll find Sarah Palin".

Harder to rhyme than "Joe Hill", but I bet Pete Seeger and Joan Baez could knock out a ditty and wrap a vocal or two around her that wouldn't quit.

Back it up with Pete's banjo and you might start another folk revival.
The ghost of Sarah Palin lives on beyond the polls,
In megachurches' nurseries, in atheists' foxholes,
Conservative talk radio gives comfort-in-a-box,
She's been called home, but she'll return
To host a show on Fox.

Old 12-22-2008, 11:09 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,219,750 times
Default Sarah Palin is a bad mother because..............

...she's a Republican.

Old 12-22-2008, 11:36 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,295,500 times
Look, I don't like Palin, she was one of the main reasons I didn't vote for McCain, but I think we will be seeing her make a run for the presidency in the next 4 or 8 years. Forget the dogmatic and vitrolic rehtoric, She did energize the base during this last election like few Republican have in recent years. Does this mean that she will win her ticket? Not so sure about that, like McCain said in his recent interview where he refused to back Palin, there are a lot of other good Republican Governers out there who appear more intelligent and more appealing on the national scene, Like Jindal from Louisiana.

Yes, she can secure the base, but that base is shrinking. I think it will be hard for her, based upon her exposure in the last election, to reach out to the middle, to the more progressive voters, and (I know I am going to get flack for this), those voters who are better educated and more informed about current events and not influenced by ideological brain washing and do not get their details or talking points from talk radio.

All this being said, as I've stated on various threads here, leave her kids and her family alone. I see no evidience of her being a bad mother and the fact that her daughter got knocked up is an issue for that family, not the rest of us. And sadly, is not an uncommon event in many of today's American families. And hasn't been for the past few decades. You have to be some kind of sick idiot to go after another persons child for any reason, especially for politics. There is no moral justification for it.

Last edited by GWhopper; 12-22-2008 at 11:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections