Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2008, 09:24 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times

Advertisements

What are the most likely reasons that Republicans are afraid of people other than wealthy, white Republicans like themselves also have health care, freedom from unjust prosecution, and the freedom to do and think as they please?
  1. They realize that it lessens their power if you allow others the same rights.
  2. They simply don't care what happens to other people
  3. They enjoy depriving others of the same privileges they enjoy
  4. They are just vile human beings
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2008, 09:33 PM

2,742 posts, read 7,493,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
What are the most likely reasons that Republicans are afraid of people other than wealthy, white Republicans like themselves also have health care, freedom from unjust prosecution, and the freedom to do and think as they please?
  1. They realize that it lessens their power if you allow others the same rights.
Not all rep. are white.
Now what exactly r u talking about?
What rights r u talking about? Same sex? When eve Obama is against it?

Old 12-26-2008, 09:47 PM

273 posts, read 342,758 times
think sesame street:

republicans, human rights, civil liberties

one of these things is not like the others, one of these things just doesn't belong.

Old 12-26-2008, 09:49 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,016,954 times
Quote:
You are making the false assumption that republicans = wealthy and white. Most republicans I personally know are not white or wealthy.

Old 12-26-2008, 09:52 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,016,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chauncy View Post
think sesame street:

republicans, human rights, civil liberties

one of these things is not like the others, one of these things just doesn't belong.
Hmmm .... Let me revise this

Which do not belong: democrats, human rights, civil liberties.

Considering that Democrats are usually pro-abortion and anti-religion, I doubt that human rights or civil liberties would adequately describe them.

Old 12-26-2008, 10:00 PM

2,265 posts, read 3,732,459 times
Quote:
Do you do drugs?

Old 12-27-2008, 01:40 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,975,697 times
Look, the GOP needs a pretend ideology to gain support.

That's why when a Dem is in power that are very much in favor of "small government" and "liberty"

But when they get into power they break historic deficit spending records and wiretap US citizens without a warrarnt. Thus breaking the law at the highest level of government....

Did I also say they very much support the rule of law???

Last edited by padcrasher; 12-27-2008 at 02:04 AM..

Old 12-27-2008, 01:54 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,524,892 times
Quote:
What are the most likely reasons that Republicans are afraid of people other than wealthy, white Republicans like themselves also have health care <I earn about $30,000 a year and take care of my wife who has medical problems and I have health insurance. I don't count as rich>, freedom from unjust prosecution<who did the Republicans prosecuted unjustly? Juries decide guilt or innocence>, and the freedom to do and think as they please<How are they stopping people from doing and thinking as they please as long as it is within the confines of the law? I do remember some universities that are limiting students' free speech by creating free speech zones that are active at only certain hours of the day and I know Republicans don't run those universities.>?

Old 12-27-2008, 06:17 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,078,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
Hmmm .... Let me revise this

Which do not belong: democrats, human rights, civil liberties.

Considering that Democrats are usually pro-abortion and anti-religion, I doubt that human rights or civil liberties would adequately describe them.
That generalization is total BS pushed by the right wing neoCONS.Just like the lies perpetuated by the FAUX crowd that most dems are anti gun,non Christians and on welfare.Total fabrication....just like MOST things said by the right wingers,just lies that are only believed by the truly stupid.

Old 12-27-2008, 06:30 AM

2,915 posts, read 3,515,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
That generalization is total BS pushed by the right wing neoCONS.Just like the lies perpetuated by the FAUX crowd that most dems are anti gun,non Christians and on welfare.Total fabrication....just like MOST things said by the right wingers,just lies that are only believed by the truly stupid.
On the flip side of that coin, the dems are always generalizing the republican side as stupid, bible thumping, gun loving hillbillies who are intolerant, just like the lies perpetuated by the Hollywood media. Total fabrication.... just like most things said by left wingers that are only beleived by the truly stupid.

If you want to accuse the right of generalizing, you need to look in the mirror because the left does it just as much, otherwise it makes YOU stupid
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections