U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 04:19 PM

4,831 posts, read 6,180,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Oops, there goes my lunch down the toilet.

God didn't give us Obama. He was elected by the people. You make it sound like he's the second coming of Jesus. What next? Is he going to walk on water, heal the sick, and perform other miracles? He's a human being who is imperfect. You've seriously bought into the news media's hype. Are you perhaps Chris Matthews? Does a thrill run up your leg every time you hear Obama speak?
The antichrist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2008, 07:05 AM

16,248 posts, read 21,265,022 times
Obama cares more about the country than he cares about his own well being. That is the difference.

Old 12-28-2008, 07:17 AM

12,172 posts, read 15,415,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Obama cares more about the country than he cares about his own well being. That is the difference.
And you know this because......?

Old 12-28-2008, 09:07 AM

4,831 posts, read 6,180,927 times
Quote:
Boy, now he is really sounding like a Messiah. Obama is a politician and is looking out for Obama. Why do people think that the President is anything but the head politcian? Hopefully he will do what is best for America but to say he cares more about America than himself, well.....

Old 12-28-2008, 09:11 AM

268 posts, read 304,002 times
Quote:
Stop, you're killing me...

Old 12-28-2008, 09:16 AM

15,400 posts, read 25,780,931 times
Quote:
Well, I hope you're right but... it would certainly make him unique. Never heard of a politician like that before!

Old 12-28-2008, 09:39 AM

11,435 posts, read 16,429,951 times
Quote:
I was thinking about everything I got and gave for Christmas but I can truly say that God has given me and America the BEST gift any of us could want in President Obama. Although we may be down right now thanks to the Republicans and their reckless governing of our great country, I feel a new optimism beginning to come over our country as the day Obama becomes our President gets closer. I feel a sense that America will rise again as a land of fairness and justice for all and not just for the rich. We will make a comeback and once again be that shining city on the hill with the beacon of hope for those who are hopeless.
I thank God for the wonderful gift He has given us all in President Obama!

You got that one right! After 8 years of living in bondage under the most incompetent President ever, we are getting a fresh start with a President witha keen intellect that shows a lot of promise. Help is on the way for us.

Old 12-28-2008, 11:19 AM

29,740 posts, read 34,764,641 times
The famous Black author James Baldwin closed out one of his famous books with the following words that have become imortalized with Black Folk.

God gave Noah the Rainbow Sign
No more water, Obama the next time.

Old 12-28-2008, 01:34 PM

404 posts, read 499,140 times
Oh, that is right a third world poor country that we are. Stop watching CNN and MSNBC

Old 12-28-2008, 01:39 PM

18,056 posts, read 10,087,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
The famous Black author James Baldwin closed out one of his famous books with the following words that have become imortalized with Black Folk.

God gave Noah the Rainbow Sign
No more water, Obama the next time.
Really? I thought he said

"Once you Barack,
You never go back".

Maybe I was mistaken, though...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or