Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 10:23 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,752,651 times

Advertisements

I was thinking about everything I got and gave for Christmas but I can truly say that God has given me and America the BEST gift any of us could want in President Obama. Although we may be down right now thanks to the Republicans and their reckless governing of our great country, I feel a new optimism beginning to come over our country as the day Obama becomes our President gets closer. I feel a sense that America will rise again as a land of fairness and justice for all and not just for the rich. We will make a comeback and once again be that shining city on the hill with the beacon of hope for those who are hopeless.
I thank God for the wonderful gift He has given us all in President Obama!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2008, 10:27 AM

1,138 posts, read 3,343,707 times
We shall see. Just don't stop paying attention to the real news, not what CNN etc... wants you to now. Try to watch C-Span more often so you can be aware of what is true.

Old 12-25-2008, 10:30 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
i think we got a chance, we can be grateful to god. but i wana buy mr obama a kevlar suit because our security stinks, and he is about to try to dismantle blackwater and the war machine.
elephants and donkeys dont run DC - DOD does.

Old 12-25-2008, 10:39 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,640,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I was thinking about everything I got and gave for Christmas but I can truly say that God has given me and America the BEST gift any of us could want in President Obama. Although we may be down right now thanks to the Republicans and their reckless governing of our great country, I feel a new optimism beginning to come over our country as the day Obama becomes our President gets closer. I feel a sense that America will rise again as a land of fairness and justice for all and not just for the rich. We will make a comeback and once again be that shining city on the hill with the beacon of hope for those who are hopeless.

Well Kevin if you become unhappy with Obama, will you blame God? Obama is president elect because he won the election he is not a Christmas gift from God. Egg nog anyone?

Old 12-25-2008, 10:48 AM

709 posts, read 1,497,856 times
This reminds me of Germany circa 1933...

Old 12-25-2008, 12:30 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,633,867 times
Anyone doubt Obamamania is not a religion?

Old 12-25-2008, 12:55 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times
Get over it, people in this country wanted a change & they got it, thank you very much! I for one can't wait to see what Obama can do, it surely can't get even close to as bad as the last 8 years.

Old 12-25-2008, 01:05 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,569,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I dont believe in "Christmas" and am not sure about God but I do believe America got some damn good luck by having such an amazing man become President. It is so funny. I just got off the phone with my uncle in Canada and we both said that!

<3 Barack Obama! May he be given the wisdom and sight needed to protect him!

Old 12-25-2008, 01:05 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,332,598 times
The more you worship Obama and think he can work wonders, the more you'll be disappointed when he doesn't.

Keep in mind that things can (almost) always get worse in Politics and most other situations. Just because things are bad, doesn't mean they can not get worse or that they're more likely to improve than worsen.

If you think Obama was the best candidate, that's fine. Don't have expectations that he can not fulfill; he himself wouldn't want his supporters to be unrealistic.

Old 12-25-2008, 01:45 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,717,430 times
From the desk of George W. Bush:

If God had anything to do with this election, he would have figured out how to keep Dick Cheney as president .. hee hee hee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections