U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 06:11 PM

13,153 posts, read 17,370,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendly blogger View Post
Please go to www.opensecrets.org and see who got the most lobbying dollars from these Wall St nerds. Obama thirty eight per cent of the time he was the top recipient. Over 300 Congressmen and women took money from these guys and now try to scorch them before all of us. I think every member of Congress should giveback the money they took from these guys...aig...bear stearns...goldman sachs etc. While I am typing this message I can hear the Prez promising college to "every person" who needs a loan....won't send the illegals back. Last year we spent over 200 billion on health, education and other benefits for illegals. Send them home...
Thanks for posting that link. Can't rep you again for a while.

As you may know, Obama and Ms. Nancy are on the same page re the illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2009, 06:22 PM

706 posts, read 898,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post

on Nancy Pelosi's point concerning illegals, the argument is, these people are getting snatched up in the middle of the night and taken away from their children who were born here in the United States. Yes their here illegally, but to traumatize a child while dragging their parents away, i too have issues with that. But on the flip side, they should think about that posibility every day.

And its the constitution that provides education for EVERYONE, there aren't any provisions concerning legal or illegals. But

Old 03-19-2009, 06:52 PM

3,768 posts, read 4,618,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudmama View Post
on Nancy Pelosi's point concerning illegals, the argument is, these people are getting snatched up in the middle of the night and taken away from their children who were born here in the United States. Yes their here illegally, but to traumatize a child while dragging their parents away, i too have issues with that. But on the flip side, they should think about that posibility every day.

And its the constitution that provides education for EVERYONE, there aren't any provisions concerning legal or illegals. But
I must have missed the part of the constitution that provides education for everyone, could you possibly get me a link or at least a quote, where the constitution guarantees education. Or even the part of the constitution where it guarantees people to receive anything other then freedom from the federal government.

Old 03-19-2009, 07:27 PM

706 posts, read 898,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
I must have missed the part of the constitution that provides education for everyone, could you possibly get me a link or at least a quote, where the constitution guarantees education. Or even the part of the constitution where it guarantees people to receive anything other then freedom from the federal government.

Let me clarify, this is not a law on the federal level, however each state has their own version of a "state" constitution or state law. Apparently New Jersey and Vermont are one of two state that guarantees free education to all children no matter their status. In other words, not even the schools can request proof of legal status before a child can enroll. Unbelieveable!

Old 03-19-2009, 11:00 PM

4,299 posts, read 13,620,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the point View Post
The very first official words of the Obama administration will be delivered by a homophobic, pro-life, woman hating right wing evangelist nut job who puts on a very polished face in public. This is who Obama personally chose to deliver the invocation. THIS IS NOT WHAT YOU VOTED FOR, FOLKS!!!!! First he staffs his cabinet with war-mongering Washington insiders and old-timers, then he slaps the face of the entire liberal base by selecting Rick Warren to deliver the invocation. THIS MAN IS A FRAUD!!!! HOW LONG TILL 1/20/2013??????
I agree!!! He should have been true to himself and chose Reverend Wright. You are correct he is a fraud and the sad part is a lot of people ar falling for it.

Old 03-19-2009, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
Oh yes Education, medical care, daycare, house, car and so on and so on.

Old 03-19-2009, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
I have a few questions for you?

I think marriage should be between a man and a woman does that make me homophobic?

I think life begins at conception does that make me pro-life?

Your rantings are just that rantings and compared to Obama's previous Reverend I think Warren was HUGE step up.
You took that person seriously? I thought he or she was just joking.

Old 03-20-2009, 06:13 AM

2,150 posts, read 2,304,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post

There was so much hypocrisy in the Dubya regime that anything like this that you dredge up on Obama absolutely pales by comparison...

Sour grapes - sore loser - very simple..

Old 03-20-2009, 06:20 AM

13,153 posts, read 17,370,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
There was so much hypocrisy in the Dubya regime that anything like this that you dredge up on Obama absolutely pales by comparison...

Sour grapes - sore loser - very simple..
"yes..but what about...?" is a juvenile, defensive argument employed by a lot of people when they don't have an argument to present.

Illegal immigration and its impact on this country has far reaching consequences; how it is handled (or not handled) can affect this country adversely in the long term, so it ought not to be minimized.

Old 03-20-2009, 09:03 AM

474 posts, read 537,409 times
Can't you Obamites see that he wants to raise taxes or eliminate deductions on those who are working or receive pensions and give it people who do not work? Where is he going to get the oney to establish his health care bill for "everyone?" From the same working people and pensioners. Now he wants our military to use private insurance to pay for their injuries or health needs! And yet no move to send the illegals back to their homelands. Last year according to reports we spent over 200 billion on health education and housing on illegals. This is unheard of....supporting the poor of other countries while Americans use copay deductibles and premiums to pay for their health needs. Distribution of wealth is the oldest social program that has not worked in other nations. American citizenship earns benefits....send the illegals back home before we all sink......Look at the mess in Wash. Obama could have stopped it regardless, last year's bill...this year's veto...simple...but no they worked to add something for their friends..goldma sachs..merrill lynch...aig...Why don't we demand that all members of Congress give back what they took in campaing cash? Oh well, enough for now, I have to complete my tax return.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or