U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: What inaugural souvenir would you like to receive? Complete descriptions in post below.
Electoral Map Mug 10 40.00%
Sweatshirt 3 12.00%
Magnet 4 16.00%
Bobblehead 7 28.00%
Obama Slippers 0 0%
Puzzle 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-27-2008, 10:13 AM
 
268 posts, read 303,518 times
Reputation: 72

Advertisements

The most collectible political items are those things never meant to be collected, and not sold as memorabilia.

Unfortunately I cannot think of anything related to the inaugeration that fits this bill. So maybe the mug with electoral map.

Personally, I am holding on to my "Texans for Obama" yard sign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-27-2008, 10:19 AM
 
1,992 posts, read 3,725,541 times
Reputation: 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by chauncy View Post
The most collectible political items are those things never meant to be collected, and not sold as memorabilia.

Unfortunately I cannot think of anything related to the inaugeration that fits this bill. So maybe the mug with electoral map.

Personally, I am holding on to my "Texans for Obama" yard sign.
I thought that I was the only Texan with one of those!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2008, 04:51 PM
 
Location: Texas
8,062 posts, read 16,169,261 times
Reputation: 3700
Normie,
You're kidding, right? PLEASE tell me you're kidding!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2008, 08:10 PM
 
Location: Home is where the heart is
15,400 posts, read 25,756,240 times
Reputation: 18989
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Normie,
You're kidding, right? PLEASE tell me you're kidding!
Uh oh, busted! You've got me... Forget those bobble heads, everyone's getting an Obama Plate because they are so bee-yoo-tiful.

OK, now I'm kidding.

Maybe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2008, 06:02 AM
 
Location: The Planet Mars
2,150 posts, read 2,302,591 times
Reputation: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
Uh oh, busted! You've got me... Forget those bobble heads, everyone's getting an Obama Plate because they are so bee-yoo-tiful.

OK, now I'm kidding.

Maybe.
Go with the BobbleHead on the dashboard!!!

Unless of course you plan to put the Obama Plate in the rear window...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2008, 08:08 AM
 
Location: Home is where the heart is
15,400 posts, read 25,756,240 times
Reputation: 18989
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
Go with the BobbleHead on the dashboard!!!

Unless of course you plan to put the Obama Plate in the rear window...
Nope, the only ugly thing allowed to sit in my car is my cousin's hairless cat. So that Obama Plate isn't coming within 100 feet of my car.

But the bobbleheads are cute...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2008, 08:42 AM
 
404 posts, read 498,699 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
I want the Barack Walks on Water action doll, so I can send it to my goofy GOP sister who refers to him as "my" Messiah.
This one is back ordered by a few years. Try ebay to buy the marked up one
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2008, 09:31 AM
 
Location: Home is where the heart is
15,400 posts, read 25,756,240 times
Reputation: 18989
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTYankee69 View Post
This one is back ordered by a few years. Try ebay to buy the marked up one
But... but... but... if Barack is the Messiah then surely he can wave his hand and more will magically appear. One for everyone who gathers at the mall, along with the never ending basket of loaves and fishes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2008, 11:39 AM
 
404 posts, read 498,699 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
But... but... but... if Barack is the Messiah then surely he can wave his hand and more will magically appear. One for everyone who gathers at the mall, along with the never ending basket of loaves and fishes.
Yes, you are right oh me of little faith!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2008, 04:26 PM
 
Location: The Chatterdome in La La Land, CaliFUNia
38,854 posts, read 20,086,515 times
Reputation: 35897
You guys really need some SERIOUS help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top