U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: What inaugural souvenir would you like to receive? Complete descriptions in post below.
Electoral Map Mug 10 40.00%
Sweatshirt 3 12.00%
Magnet 4 16.00%
Bobblehead 7 28.00%
Obama Slippers 0 0%
Puzzle 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-26-2008, 01:15 PM
 
Location: Home is where the heart is
15,400 posts, read 25,834,488 times
Reputation: 18992

Advertisements

OK, I have 5 people staying at my house for the inauguration, and I'm thinking of getting them each a silly souvenir. I am not getting those plates, boy do I think those are ugly!!!! But I have found a few kitschy things that are sort of amusing. So could you help me choose--which would you like to get as a gift?

1. Mug showing the 2008 electoral map, labelled "Yes We Can in 2012". When you pour in hot water, all the states turn blue.

2. Obama sweatshirt.

3. Refrigerator magnet of Obama in swim trucks. Comes with various magnetic outfits. (Sorry all you Obama bashers, a prison outfit is not one of them...)

4. Obama bobblehead.

5. Obama slippers. So you can show you support Obama from head to toe! Also, something comfy to slip into after standing all day at the national mall.

6. Obama & cabinet jigsaw puzzle. They stand in front of a map of the US, so once you puzzle out his cabinet you can then put the country back together again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-26-2008, 01:17 PM
 
1,992 posts, read 3,736,012 times
Reputation: 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
OK, I have 5 people staying at my house for the inauguration, and I'm thinking of getting them each a silly souvenir. I am not getting those plates, boy do I think those are ugly!!!! But I have found a few kitschy things that are sort of amusing. So could you help me choose--which would you like to get as a gift?

1. Mug showing the 2008 electoral map, labelled "Yes We Can in 2012". When you pour in hot water, all the states turn blue.

2. Obama sweatshirt.

3. Refrigerator magnet of Obama in swim trucks. Comes with various magnetic outfits. (Sorry all you Obama bashers, a prison outfit is not one of them...)

4. Obama bobblehead.

5. Obama slippers. So you can show you support Obama from head to toe! Also, something comfy to slip into after standing all day at the national mall.

6. Obama & cabinet jigsaw puzzle. They stand in front of a map of the US, so once you puzzle out his cabinet you can then put the country back together again.
I vote for the mug. Where can I get one of those?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2008, 01:20 PM
 
Location: Home is where the heart is
15,400 posts, read 25,834,488 times
Reputation: 18992
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAbilene View Post
I vote for the mug. Where can I get one of those?
My daughter saw them in a store called "In The Pink" in Leesburg, VA. It's a little shop on King Street, if you're trying to google it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2008, 01:26 PM
 
404 posts, read 499,947 times
Reputation: 111
Hmmmm. I don't know, alot of really tough choices
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2008, 01:27 PM
 
2,214 posts, read 1,731,283 times
Reputation: 371
What about the "Baby Barack In The Manger" ceramic figurine?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2008, 01:28 PM
 
1,992 posts, read 3,736,012 times
Reputation: 608
I am going to buy some of those mugs for my staunch Republican friends. I can't wait until I present them to them and then pour coffee into them! They will laugh, just before they yell at me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2008, 01:30 PM
 
404 posts, read 499,947 times
Reputation: 111
Ah spreading the wealth, good for you or spreading the coffee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2008, 01:49 PM
 
29,793 posts, read 34,889,516 times
Reputation: 11715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
What about the "Baby Barack In The Manger" ceramic figurine?
They sold out in mid November. They were part of a Xmas package that became very popular. It also included three Wise Men figurines named Joe, Rahm and Chuck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2008, 02:17 PM
 
20,917 posts, read 39,213,491 times
Reputation: 19213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
What about the "Baby Barack In The Manger" ceramic figurine?
I want the Barack Walks on Water action doll, so I can send it to my goofy GOP sister who refers to him as "my" Messiah.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2008, 02:22 PM
 
Location: Home is where the heart is
15,400 posts, read 25,834,488 times
Reputation: 18992
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
I want the Barack Walks on Water action doll, so I can send it to my goofy GOP sister who refers to him as "my" Messiah.
LOL, hey have you heard about that doll that was the hot ticket this Christmas. It actually...err, umm, ...poops in it's diaper. I kid you not.

Anyway, I think they could make a special version of this doll. Maybe they could give it Karl Rove's face, and have it holding a gallup poll. Or even better, the final electoral map!. When you press the button it reads the final election day results and then it's eyes pop out, mouth drops open, and it poops!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top