U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2008, 04:07 PM

38,854 posts, read 20,129,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Connie get with the program. The Dems had plenty of racists long ago. Most of them went GOP during and after the Nixon Administration. Your party is the party of racists...not the Dem party. ...Deal with it.
I seem to recall Hillary using racist comments against Obama in the primaries. The reason that the Dems do not openly demonstrate racism because they will alienate their African-American base. If AA decided to switch parties, then you will be hearing more racist comments coming out of the dem party because they were not the ones that abolished slavery nor supported the civil rights act. Your party has a more uglier racist history which trumps anything you can say about the Republican party. Now, why don't we just agree that both parties have racist fringe which does not define the majority of party leaders today OK?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2008, 04:08 PM

1,992 posts, read 3,729,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I didn't say she was. She is a conservative, as evidenced by the fact that SHE is the one who excited "the base", who came to the monster rallys, who prevented McCain from an even greater defeat. Without her, Most of the base would have stayed home and left McCain on his own.

Fact. Like you would know any of this, considering you are getting the scoop from left-wing blogs and pundits.
Sanrene, I sometimes agree with you, but I rarely see a post from you that is not filled with implied or actual disdain of anyone who does not agree with you. Example, 2nd paragraph above. I think you are intelligent, and I would like to have a reasonable discourse with you, but you rarely allow it to be reasonable. I suppose this will count as a personal attack, but I feel attacked by many of your responses. Let's try to have a civil discussion about these issues. I will do my share if you will do your share.

Old 12-27-2008, 04:10 PM

13,180 posts, read 13,060,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
I seem to recall Hillary using racist comments against Obama in the primaries. The reason that the Dems do not demonstrate racism because they will alienate their African-American base. If AA decided to switch parties, then you will be hearing more racist comments coming out of the dem party because they were not the ones that abolished slavery nor supported the civil rights act. Your party has a more uglier racist history which trumps anything you can say about the Republican party. Now, why don't we just agree that both parties have racist fringe which does not define the majority of party leaders today OK?
No. You're recalling the right wing propaganda that you fall for, hook, line and sinker. That's not reality. Reality is that Hillary's remarks were harmless and Hillary now works for Obama....LOL

I know that must kill you that Obama doesnt find any racism in Hillary's remarks that you right wingers were kicking and screaming about...boo hoo....LOL

Old 12-27-2008, 04:12 PM

15,400 posts, read 25,789,718 times
Quote:
Connie get with the program. The Dems had plenty of racists long ago. Most of them went GOP during and after the Nixon Administration. Your party is the party of racists...not the Dem party. ...Deal with it.

And I see you couldn't give us an example of Dem leaders drawing racist cartoons, or distributing them, or calling black GOP members "uncle toms"????

That's know as lying...Connie.
I'll stand as her witness--I've seen it myself. It may not be as overt, but racism exists in every party. Even if 99% of people have overcome it, that still means there are plenty who struggle with racism, and more than a few who are proud of it. That's life.

Hopefully, having Obama as POTUS will go a long way towards ending it. But even after his eight years, we will still be struggling with this issue.

Old 12-27-2008, 04:15 PM

41,314 posts, read 39,536,416 times
Quote:
No. You're recalling the right wing propaganda that you fall for, hook, line and sinker. That's not reality. Reality is that Hillary's remarks were harmless and Hillary now works for Obama....LOL

I know that must kill you that Obama doesnt find any racism in Hillary's remarks that you right wingers were kicking and screaming about....LOL
How quickly we forget. The dems were UP IN ARMS regarding the comments of Bill&Hill in the primaries, and the obama-media was on the story for him. Especially during/after the SC primary.

Old 12-27-2008, 04:16 PM

15,400 posts, read 25,789,718 times
Quote:
I know that must kill you that Obama doesnt find any racism in Hillary's remarks that you right wingers were kicking and screaming about...boo hoo....LOL
Actually, I don't mean to give you a hard time, but I think you're incorrect about this. I think Obama did find Hillary's remarks racist. He chose to look beyond it, knowing that all's fair in the game of politics.

Obama's a pragmatic man who chooses to ignore racism when it serves him to do so. He would not have gotten so far if he had reacted every time he felt someone was racist.

Old 12-27-2008, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
I'll stand as her witness--I've seen it myself. It may not be as overt, but racism exists in every party. Even if 99% of people have overcome it, that still means there are plenty who struggle with racisim, and more than a few who are proud of it. That's life.

Hopefully, having Obama as POTUS will go a long way towards ending it. But even after his eight years, we will still be struggling with this issue.
I think you're missing the point. Nobody has said Dems do not have a element of racism. Most all humans do.

But please give us a name of this "anti-minority" Dem leader you witnessed???

This thread is about GOP leader running for RNC Chairman and what he finds funny. Not about some dude you bumped into at an early voting polling station.

Old 12-27-2008, 04:17 PM

1,992 posts, read 3,729,919 times
I grew up in a totally segregated city, and I have to fight racism still. I have never had prejudice toward African-Americans, but I have toward other races and social classes. We need to look at all areas of racism, not just black-white, as we move toward a less racist society. I even consider some of the "redneck" jokes and statements about Sarah Palin to be a form of racism. (Guilty) Any time we prejudge any group for any reason, it is wrong. We all need to learn to accept each person on his or her own merit. Like I said, I still fight this.

Old 12-27-2008, 04:18 PM

38,854 posts, read 20,129,802 times
Quote:
I think you're missing the point. Nobody has said Dems do not have a element of racism. Most all humans do.

But please give us a name of this "anti-minority" Dem leader you witnessed???

This thread is about a man running for RNC Chairman and what he finds funny. Not about some dude you bumped into at an early voting polling station.
We did ... Hillary Clinton

Old 12-27-2008, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
How quickly we forget. The dems were UP IN ARMS regarding the comments of Bill&Hill in the primaries, and the obama-media was on the story for him. Especially during/after the SC primary.

No that was FOX and Hannity and Rush playing that up.

Another one of your failed attempts and diverting voters attention away from real issues..

It must suck for you I know.....LOL!

Last edited by padcrasher; 12-27-2008 at 04:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or