U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-27-2008, 09:24 PM
 
Location: The Chatterdome in La La Land, CaliFUNia
38,854 posts, read 20,103,221 times
Reputation: 35897

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
But vastly more racists in the Republican party.
There is no way to know for a FACT that the number of racists in the republican party exceeds those in the democratic party so your assertion is bunk. You need to quit using sources such as MoveOn.org to fuel your blind rage and stereotypes against republicans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-27-2008, 09:26 PM
 
268 posts, read 303,686 times
Reputation: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
There's unfortunately racists in both parties.
Then why do you keep insisting that racist outbursts at republican rallies were liberal plants?

Towards the end of the campaign, Palin (the campaign left this to her) was reduced to appealing to the worst in people's nature, people in "real america", "he's not like us" etc. Her speech seemed very inciteful.

You say there is racists in both parties, I say there is racism in everyone. Racism is like the matrix in this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2008, 09:31 PM
 
34,990 posts, read 34,651,043 times
Reputation: 6163
Quote:
Originally Posted by chauncy View Post
Then why do you keep insisting that racist outbursts at republican rallies were liberal plants?
If that woman who said "He's a Erib" and that awful man who stood up in the audience and pontificated at length (I think these were the same McCain rally?) - and that blond woman in the other video in a parking lot who kept sticking her fact in the camera and arguing - if they were liberal plants they were absolutely brilliant. Big A+ to the casting team
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2008, 09:36 PM
 
Location: The Chatterdome in La La Land, CaliFUNia
38,854 posts, read 20,103,221 times
Reputation: 35897
Quote:
Originally Posted by chauncy View Post
Then why do you keep insisting that racist outbursts at republican rallies were liberal plants?

Towards the end of the campaign, Palin (the campaign left this to her) was reduced to appealing to the worst in people's nature, people in "real america", "he's not like us" etc. Her speech seemed very inciteful.
As I stated, there are racists in both parties. I do strongly suspect that at least some of those outbursts that occured at her rally's were liberal plants to add fuel to the assertion that republicans are racists. It was just too convenient to have those moments recorded and exploited by the liberals to discredit the republican party.

By the way, what was the context in which Palin made those statements about "real america" and "he's not like us"? I don't believe that the party platform of the democratic party represents real america and that has nothing to do with race but my feelings that the democratic party has moved too far to the left of mainstream america. He's not like us - it may be a racist comment or it could mean that he is too liberal and out of the mainstream. So please educate me on what the context in which Palin made those comments so I can judge for myself whether she was being racist and not vote for her if she ever attempts to run for president because I detest racism in all forms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2008, 09:36 PM
 
7,352 posts, read 9,177,145 times
Reputation: 1881
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
There is no way to know for a FACT that the number of racists in the republican party exceeds those in the democratic party so your assertion is bunk. You need to quit using sources such as MoveOn.org to fuel your blind rage and stereotypes against republicans.
I don't visit MoveOn.org. It's a FACT that the racist South CONSISTENTLY votes Republican. Deal. You're the one who's blind, Ms. Conspiracy Theorist. And it's people like you who will take down not only this nation, but this planet. Ignorance, fear, and blind faith. I mean, seriously, people who believe that the fascist, racist nutjobs who filled the Palin/McCain rallies were "liberal plants" are nothing less that insane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2008, 09:39 PM
 
Location: The Chatterdome in La La Land, CaliFUNia
38,854 posts, read 20,103,221 times
Reputation: 35897
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
I don't visit MoveOn.org. It's a FACT that the racist South CONSISTENTLY votes Republican. Deal. You're the one who's blind, Ms. Conspiracy Theorist. And it's people like you who will take down not only this nation, but this planet. Ignorance, fear, and blind faith. I mean, seriously, people who believe that the fascist, racist nutjobs who filled the Palin/McCain rallies were "liberal plants" are nothing less that insane.
Do you have proof of the south being racist and can you show me a party breakdown as to whom the racist people in the south vote for and the non-racist folks vote for? Just because the south goes republican does not mean that republican = racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2008, 09:47 PM
 
7,352 posts, read 9,177,145 times
Reputation: 1881
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
Do you have proof of the south being racist and can you show me a party breakdown as to whom the racist people in the south vote for and the non-racist folks vote for? Just because the south goes republican does not mean that republican = racist.
Do I have "proof" of the South being racist??????????????

I don't think you're Black. Not a chance. You can sing that tune 'til the cows come home, but no way are you Black. Nope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2008, 09:52 PM
 
Location: The Chatterdome in La La Land, CaliFUNia
38,854 posts, read 20,103,221 times
Reputation: 35897
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Do I have "proof" of the South being racist??????????????

I don't think you're Black. Not a chance. You can sing that tune 'til the cows come home, but no way are you Black. Nope.
I am not black but I have family members who are black. How about you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2008, 09:53 PM
 
2,260 posts, read 3,363,538 times
Reputation: 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Do I have "proof" of the South being racist??????????????

I don't think you're Black. Not a chance. You can sing that tune 'til the cows come home, but no way are you Black. Nope.
Unfortunately racism exists all over the country not just the south.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2008, 09:54 PM
 
Location: The Chatterdome in La La Land, CaliFUNia
38,854 posts, read 20,103,221 times
Reputation: 35897
Quote:
Originally Posted by paullySC View Post
Unfortunately racism exists all over the country not just the south.
Thank you as I have personally experienced it in liberal southern Cal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:23 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top