U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-28-2008, 01:17 PM

8,642 posts, read 4,429,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
The Vast Majority? Perhaps we use that term differently. The tally was 53% to 46%. A difference of 7 percentage points. There were roughly 58 million voters he DIDN'T convince, and 67 million he did. Yes, he won the majority of votes, but I would call it the Vast Majority.
Even bigger than the "Silent Majority", and decidedly larger than Mr. Bush's "mandate" in 2000 with a minority of the popular vote.

That seven points is actuallywhat it would have taken for mcCain to squeak by, and represents 14 points that it would take to reverse the results of the election. that is one-seventh of all voters who actually voted, and a huge number.

It's difficult to spin numbers. Facts tend to be pesky and inconvenient things.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2008, 01:25 PM

404 posts, read 337,589 times
This is just garbage, I did not vote for Barack but do not approve of this.

Old 12-28-2008, 01:30 PM

37,703 posts, read 11,482,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Remember it is Black people who call other Black folk, Uncle Tom's, Oreo's and House Negro's. Usually the ones calling are Democrats and the ones being called something other then what they want them to be and acting in a way they don't want them to. That sorta sounds like Democrats impeding minority progress to me. Remember that question from pages ago? When Black teens call other Black teens who excel in school acting White is that not impeding minority progress. When Black rappers encourage promiscuous behavior and drug use does any body check to see if they are voting Republican? Are all of the Black Democrats supporting Obama tolerant and embracing of Asians and Hispanics in their personal lives? If not are they not Democrats impeding minority progress? Lastly when Prop 8 passed in California was not that minority right limiting legislation passed with the significant support of Democrats of multiple races?
All questions get answered in time not when you want them to.
Excellent points.

Old 12-28-2008, 01:42 PM

8,642 posts, read 4,429,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTYankee69 View Post
Most people wouldn't, and it has nothing to do with party affiliation. It has to do with human decency.

Old 12-28-2008, 03:20 PM

23,485 posts, read 18,801,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Even bigger than the "Silent Majority", and decidedly larger than Mr. Bush's "mandate" in 2000 with a minority of the popular vote.

That seven points is actuallywhat it would have taken for mcCain to squeak by, and represents 14 points that it would take to reverse the results of the election. that is one-seventh of all voters who actually voted, and a huge number.

It's difficult to spin numbers. Facts tend to be pesky and inconvenient things.
Maybe no Child Left Behind did? Ya think?

Old 12-28-2008, 03:34 PM

404 posts, read 337,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Most people wouldn't, and it has nothing to do with party affiliation. It has to do with human decency.
Very true, I agree.

Old 12-28-2008, 05:29 PM

5,863 posts, read 4,357,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Quotes From Today's Civil Rights Movement - Right Wing News (Conservative News and Views)
On Black Conservatives) A new breed of Uncle Tom [and] some of the biggest liars the world ever saw - Former NAACP executive director Benjamin Hooks on black Conservatives

what a bunch of nonsense lol

"The poor are not the "less fortunate." They are instead, the "more irresponsible." They put themselves there, and they drag their children into that status with them"

Old 12-28-2008, 05:31 PM

23,485 posts, read 18,801,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
what a bunch of nonsense lol

"The poor are not the "less fortunate." They are instead, the "more irresponsible." They put themselves there, and they drag their children into that status with them"
If you are White and say that you are a right wing conservative. If you are Black and say thay you are an Uncle Tom according to many Democrats.

Old 12-28-2008, 05:56 PM

1,531 posts, read 1,301,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTYankee69 View Post
Garbage it is, republicans are not putting themselves in any sort of position of comeback w/slime like this being put out there...i will say that the repugs i have spoken to do NOT agree or condone this sort of stuff....Good for them..

Old 12-28-2008, 08:47 PM

2,978 posts, read 2,883,927 times
C'mon, get a grip. It's a PARODY. I'm black and I find it hilarious. You have to know a bit about the whole magic negro stereotype to get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections