Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2008, 06:24 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,274,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
I hope the comment about fundamentalist Christian women being "cheap and mean" was directed at people you actually know personally and not a generalization towards all fundamentalist Christian women.
A generalization. They're like bots. Glazed eyes, fearful and mean-spirited on the inside (while pretending to be oh-so-Christian on the outside), anti-abortion and pro-war (go figure), thinks the George Bushes and Sarah Palins of the world are just wonderful, thinks global warming is either untrue or a leftist conspiracy, racist, anti-semitic (they love the Jews, even if they think that Jews will burn in hell), etc. The list goes on. All under the banner of God. In short: nutjobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2008, 06:24 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,024,360 times
http://sigmundcarlandalfred.wordpress.com/2007/08/13/house-*****s-uncle-toms-and-crap/ (broken link)
Black conservatives are often called ‘Uncle Toms’ and worse. Jesse Jackson called black conservative Ward Connerly a ‘house slave.’

Theres’ more, from How The Left Trashes Black Conservatives:

The late columnist Carl Rowan sarcastically suggested that “if you give Thomas a little flour on his face, you’d think you had [former Klansman] David Duke.” San Francisco mayor Willie Brown called Thomas not only “a shill for the most insidious form of racism, but also a man whose views are “legitimizing of the Ku Klux Klan.” Brown added that Thomas “should be reduced to talking only to white conservatives,” and “must be shut out” by the black community.”

The ugliness goes on and on. Political scientist Manning Marable asserts that Thomas has “ethnically ceased being an African American.” Movie director Spike Lee calls Thomas “a handkerchief-head, chicken-and-biscuit-eating Uncle Tom.” Author June Jordan characterizes him as a “virulent Oreo phenomenon,” a “punk-ass,” and an “Uncle Tom calamity.” The late Haywood Burns, who was the dean of a New York law school and chairman emeritus of the National Conference of Black Lawyers, called Thomas a “counterfeit hero” whose ideals had “crushed or forever deferred” the dreams of millions of blacks. Columnist Julianne Malveaux told a television audience, “I hope [Thomas’s] wife feeds him lots of eggs and butter, and he dies early, like many black men do, of heart disease. . . .He’s an absolutely reprehensible person.”

Old 12-27-2008, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I would really like to know where you get this tripe from. You are so off base, its not even worth the effort correcting such a misguided/misinformed liberal.
From you sanrene. And your kind.

Old 12-27-2008, 06:26 PM

Quote:
See my last quote to Padcrasher as you are guilty of the same.
Nope. Sorry.

Old 12-27-2008, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
http://sigmundcarlandalfred.wordpress.com/2007/08/13/house-*****s-uncle-toms-and-crap/ (broken link)
Black conservatives are often called ‘Uncle Toms’ and worse. Jesse Jackson called black conservative Ward Connerly a ‘house slave.’

Theres’ more, from How The Left Trashes Black Conservatives:

The late columnist Carl Rowan sarcastically suggested that “if you give Thomas a little flour on his face, you’d think you had [former Klansman] David Duke.†San Francisco mayor Willie Brown called Thomas not only “a shill for the most insidious form of racism, but also a man whose views are “legitimizing of the Ku Klux Klan.†Brown added that Thomas “should be reduced to talking only to white conservatives,†and “must be shut out†by the black community.â€

The ugliness goes on and on. Political scientist Manning Marable asserts that Thomas has “ethnically ceased being an African American.†Movie director Spike Lee calls Thomas “a handkerchief-head, chicken-and-biscuit-eating Uncle Tom.†Author June Jordan characterizes him as a “virulent Oreo phenomenon,†a “punk-ass,†and an “Uncle Tom calamity.†The late Haywood Burns, who was the dean of a New York law school and chairman emeritus of the National Conference of Black Lawyers, called Thomas a “counterfeit hero†whose ideals had “crushed or forever deferred†the dreams of millions of blacks. Columnist Julianne Malveaux told a television audience, “I hope [Thomas’s] wife feeds him lots of eggs and butter, and he dies early, like many black men do, of heart disease. . . .He’s an absolutely reprehensible person.â€
They're all right.

Old 12-27-2008, 06:29 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,765,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
What racist remarks were made about Sarah?

The repubs finally show up and want to marginalize racism....I am SO surprised. They just can't see racism as wrong
Funny how YOU bring up racism, isn't it? Not.

Old 12-27-2008, 06:29 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,012,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
A generalization. They're like bots. Glazed eyes, fearful and mean-spirited on the inside (while pretending to be oh-so-Christian on the outside), anti-abortion and pro-war (go figure), thinks the George Bushes and Sarah Palins of the world are just wonderful, thinks global warming is either untrue or a leftist conspiracy, racist, anti-semitic (they love the Jews, even if they think that Jews will burn in hell), etc. The list goes on. All under the banner of God. In short: nutjobs.
It is so apparent that you know absolutely NOTHING about conservative Christian woman. I won't waste my time refuting foolish stereotypes by someone who cannot even take the time to get to know conservatives personally to find out if his stereotypes are true or not.

Old 12-27-2008, 06:30 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,993,162 times
Quote:
Sounds like you are buying into false stereotypes as the Republican party is NOT a white, male's party. First of all, I ain't no male. Second, most of the republicans I personally know are NOT caucasian or male.

Ok, it's a bigot's party. Does that make you feel a little better?

31,683 posts, read 41,024,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Yes thanks. And I, like you, found no Democratic leaders in your google search. I guess you can't bring yourself to admit it.
I am glad you have such faith in the racial tolerance of White Democratic party officials in rural Georgia, Louisiana, Alabama and Mississippi and know them all by name and personal beliefs. But as a Black Man I don't have that level of confidence in all of them and sure as heck don't in your obnoxious White Liberalism. If you think Black America is better off because of people like you then truly you don't understand your holier then thou plantation mindset.

39,031 posts, read 23,012,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Amazingly, you and Padcrasher are not even commenting on the articles that Tuborg is providing us about the loony left's reaction to black conservatives. Hitting a nerve?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections