U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 07:00 PM

268 posts, read 304,441 times

Advertisements

Did I miss a thread, is there any outrage over this?

RNC chairman candidate defends 'Barack the Magic Negro' song - CNN.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2008, 07:03 PM

2,150 posts, read 2,308,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chauncy View Post

That's just your typically racist, Obama Bashing crap that comes out of the Rush Limbaugh show on a daily basis... that song was produced for his show - I've heard him play it several times.

And the Republican party is so afraid to lose Rush's backing that they are on their knees worshipping him in a vain attempt to keep their base... no matter what he says or does...

Old 12-26-2008, 07:07 PM

55,663 posts, read 74,604,692 times
disrespectful of the president of the united states. so GOP lied its not about honor duty and respect is it?

Old 12-26-2008, 07:07 PM

29,775 posts, read 34,860,277 times
The CD sent to RNC members, first reported by The Hill on Friday, is titled "We Hate the USA" and also includes songs referencing former presidential candidate John Edwards and the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, among other targets.

According to The Hill, other song titles, some of which were in bold font, were: "John Edwards' Poverty Tour," "Wright place, wrong pastor," "Love Client #9," "Ivory and Ebony" and "The Star Spanglish Banner."

Saltsman was national campaign manager for former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee's presidential bid in 2007 and 2008. Before that, he held a variety of posts, including a number of positions under former Sen. Bill Frist of Tennessee.

And the world is watching and judging. It was sent by a candidate for the RNC chair position. Guess he felt the committee would find it just right.

Old 12-26-2008, 07:09 PM

18,166 posts, read 10,136,701 times
I wonder if the CD was packaged in white sheets?

Lighten up, guys. It's not racism, it's satire. This is the RNC, for crying out loud. They love and accept everybody.

It's sort of like burning a cross in somebody's front yard. Satire.

Got it?

He'll never be out of work again, with a talent like he has for satire and campaign management.

Old 12-26-2008, 07:19 PM

21,044 posts, read 19,557,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chauncy View Post

Never heard a peep from any Republican...must all be racists.

But that only adds to the pleasure of Obama being President..just knowing how much they hate it !!!

Old 12-26-2008, 07:23 PM

After that article all you may hear for a while from the republicans are the sounds of a garden slug in a salt box.

Old 12-26-2008, 07:28 PM

29,775 posts, read 34,860,277 times
TheHill.com - RNC candidate distributes controversial Obama song
The following month, Shanklin debuted his version of the song, sung to the tune of “Puff the Magic Dragon” and performed in Shanklin’s impression of Al Sharpton.

“See, real black men, like Snoop Dogg, or me, or Farrakhan, have talked the talk, and walked the walk, not come in late and won,” one verse in the song says.

“Paul Shanklin is a long-time friend, and I think that RNC members have the good humor and good sense to recognize that his songs for the Rush Limbaugh show are light-hearted political parodies,” Saltsman said.

Republicans searching for ways to attack Obama have been hesitant to embrace any reference to his race. Limbaugh presciently predicted his allusion to the column nearly two years ago would win attention from left-leaning organizations that would suggest he was using Obama’s race against him.

Old 12-26-2008, 07:30 PM

268 posts, read 304,441 times
Apparently Rush defends it by saying his listeners love it....If you are not a listener and dont like it, you are a drive-by journalist (and now I know where some people get that terminology).

Edited to add: Rush's various flaws in logic never cease to impress.

Old 12-26-2008, 07:34 PM

Of course they love it.

It gives them something to laugh about when the Klavern convenes.

Then they have a big bonfire and sing songs like these. Reminds you a lot of Boy Scouts with sheets, from what I have heard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or