Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2008, 10:04 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times

Advertisements

I found this a very interesting read considering all occuring in Obama World this week.
McClatchy Washington Bureau | 12/26/2008 | Obama, Clinton top nation's most-admired lists

Obama's showing is hardly surprising: Gallup found that 75 percent approve of his handling of the transition.

"Not only does he walk on water, but he even looks good walking out of the water," said Tobe Berkovitz, the associate dean of Boston University's College of Communication. Obama is vacationing in Hawaii this week, and shirtless pictures of the president-elect looking fit and trim are popular on the Internet.

The article is about his soaring popularity along with that of Hillary Clinton. It is interesting and offers a perspective that some would agree with and others wouldn't.

I found the phrasing of walking on and walking out of water to be a fairly accurate reflection of where a lot of public sentiment is right now. Others would disagree but that appears to be a minority opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2008, 10:21 AM

1,992 posts, read 4,146,867 times
The 25% who do not approve of his handling the transition are probably the same folks who still approve of Bush. For the life of me, I can't understand it, but I know many of these people are intelligent, and I am trying to see why they think as they do. It is a mystery to me.

Old 12-27-2008, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAbilene View Post
The 25% who do not approve of his handling the transition are probably the same folks who still approve of Bush. For the life of me, I can't understand it, but I know many of these people are intelligent, and I am trying to see why they think as they do. It is a mystery to me.
Perhaps you are better off not being able to understand it. Do you understand other forms of deviant behavior from the perspective of the deviant?

Just kidding!

Old 12-27-2008, 01:38 PM

37,174 posts, read 19,200,869 times
What amazed me was the number of people who were scandalized by Obama not dressing in a three piece Hart, Schaffner, and Marx pinstripe suit to go swimming. It's a shame he didn't go skinny dipping and really give the paparazzi a thrill.

Some people need to look for something to be upset about before they cann be happy, I guess...

Old 12-27-2008, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
What amazed me was the number of people who were scandalized by Obama not dressing in a three piece Hart, Schaffner, and Marx pinstripe suit to go swimming. It's a shame he didn't go skinny dipping and really give the paparazzi a thrill.

Some people need to look for something to be upset about before they cann be happy, I guess...
Had he done that it would have been true transparency on his part.
But then the question on the mind of millions of American woman would have been answered.

Old 12-27-2008, 02:27 PM

542 posts, read 1,524,652 times
My "intelligent" uncle over Christmas made the comment that everyone needs to have a gun because of how bad things were going to get. He's a well educated engineer, I just don't get it.

Old 12-27-2008, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNC29 View Post
My "intelligent" uncle over Christmas made the comment that everyone needs to have a gun because of how bad things were going to get. He's a well educated engineer, I just don't get it.
That is a statement probably not related to Obama but to the current financial deterioration. Probably a very worse case scenario on the national level but could in a worse case scenario be possible on a local basis.

Old 12-27-2008, 05:06 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times
http://tinyurl.com/8m3yo6 (broken link)

Old 12-27-2008, 05:19 PM

37,174 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Had he done that it would have been true transparency on his part.
But then the question on the mind of millions of American woman would have been answered.
A little mystery is always a good thing...

Keeps 'em interested.

Showing too much is what killed "Moonlighting".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections