U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2008, 12:32 PM

12,624 posts, read 8,740,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
Asking what the man's qualifications are does not equate to wishing for his failure as president.

I'm not impressed by his resume. I don't feel that being a senator for one term, which he didn't finish, and most of which he spent running for president instead of actually being a senator, is particularly strong preparation for the job of POTUS. Now that he has been elected, do I hope he blows past that lack of experience and soes a great job, making the USA a better, stronger, more wealty & prosperous nation? Of course I do.

Thank you! Well said. I am simply pointing out that people are praising what a great job he's done despite not doing anything. I will be the first one to back him if, when he does get into office, puts Americas interests first.

Old 12-30-2008, 02:13 PM

22,362 posts, read 27,494,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAbilene View Post
If lying about a sex act which really involved no one but Bill Clinton's family is an impeachable act; then how much more of an impeachable act is lying about reasons to go to war which has had an impact on the entire world and killed many innocent people?
Maybe because there was no "lying to go to war."

Old 12-30-2008, 02:40 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,174,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Really? A man who's spiritual advisor preaches anti-white and anti-American values? A man who only distanced himself from Wright and Ayres when it became politically expedient? Do those actions reflect ethics? Stability? Character?

Hahahahaha, hypocrisy at its finest. Why should you care if someone's spiritual adviser is--as you say--anti-white? Did you care if a presidential candidate had a spiritual adviser who was anti-black, anti-Muslim or anti-Hispanic? NO! You didn't care one ounce. As long as presidents and presidential candidates expressed pro-white and anti-nonwhite ideas you didn't see any harm in that. So why change now? Don't kid yourself elorocks you're no moral giant, you're more of a moral coward than anything else.

And answer this: what president has exhibited more anti-American values than the current president, George Bush?

Old 12-30-2008, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post
Hahahahaha, hypocrisy at its finest. Why should you care if someone's spiritual adviser is--as you say--anti-white? Did you care if a presidential candidate had a spiritual adviser who was anti-black, anti-Muslim or anti-Hispanic? NO! You didn't care one ounce. As long as presidents and presidential candidates expressed pro-white and anti-nonwhite ideas you didn't see any harm in that. So why change now? Don't kid yourself elorocks you're no moral giant, you're more of a moral coward than anything else.

And answer this: what president has exhibited more anti-American values than the current president, George Bush?

Hmm...who are you again?

I must admit that it takes alot of guts to start paying attention half way through a conversation, and then accuse someone of bieng a "Moral coward" without the insight to actually read from the beginnig to see why I mentioned what Wright said. And to further come on here, spew left wing talking points and then try to change the subject by Bush bashing means either you are incredibly stupid or......

Old 12-30-2008, 03:15 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,174,740 times
Quote:
Hmm...who are you again?

I must admit that it takes alot of guts to start paying attention half way through a conversation, and then accuse someone of bieng a "Moral coward" without the insight to actually read from the beginnig to see why I mentioned what Wright said. And to further come on here, spew left wing talking points and then try to change the subject by Bush bashing means either you are incredibly stupid or......
This post just simply goes to show that you are exactly what I knew you to be; a moral coward. I noticed that you made no attempt at explaining your hypocrisy. Instead you try to deflect attention away from that fact by engaging in ad hominem attacks.

The issue concerning the criticism of Obama because of his affiliation with someone who is--according to you--anti-white, is important. Why criticize anti-whiteness when presidential candidates expressing anti-black' anti-Hispanic or anti-Muslim ideas was not an issue before? Why now, why not then?

Also you failed to answer the question of what American president has exhibited more anti-American values than George Bush?

Old 12-30-2008, 03:15 PM

9,608 posts, read 9,805,889 times
I think we have to find a solution to this perennial issue of "experience" with regard to presidential candidates. Maybe Laura Bush should have run on the GOP ticket since she benefitted from her association with GWB as Hillary did with WJC. Maybe the haters just need to admit that they are haters. No president under our system of four year terms can have much 'experience'. There is no amount of States government that can prepare one for the job of POTUS. A strong Cabinet and above average intelligence sounds good to me. What good it constantly taking the pulse of an administration via "approval ratings" if they are not/were not used to pull the plug if/when things became untenable? There is much more to discuss than Obama's presidency which he has yet to begin. Do you think it is coincidence that so many systems economic and political are going offline before he takes office? Clearly a number of interests see this as their last chance and are going all out in one last Mardi Gras of excess before real change comes. That's power, that's leadership. Its scary to many.

H

Old 12-30-2008, 04:26 PM

1,197 posts, read 1,599,203 times
Until the Republicans cease whacking off to the Religious whackjob/Neocon wing of the party, I will continue to shy from anything resembling the GOP brand. Plus Obama instills within a rare feeling of confidence that I can safely say I never got from the shrub err Bush.

Anyways, until that day comes, I will happily vote for the GOP's opponents, I have no desire to see a Sarah Palin type figure in office.

Old 12-30-2008, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post
This post just simply goes to show that you are exactly what I knew you to be; a moral coward. I noticed that you made no attempt at explaining your hypocrisy. Instead you try to deflect attention away from that fact by engaging in ad hominem attacks.

The issue concerning the criticism of Obama because of his affiliation with someone who is--according to you--anti-white, is important. Why criticize anti-whiteness when presidential candidates expressing anti-black' anti-Hispanic or anti-Muslim ideas was not an issue before? Why now, why not then?

Also you failed to answer the question of what American president has exhibited more anti-American values than George Bush?
lets take this one at a time, seeing is how you are no friend to subtlety.

Quote:
noticed that you made no attempt at explaining your hypocrisy
Again, i told you that I already explained why i mentioned Rev Wright's comments, That is why i mentioned that you "Came in in the middle of the conversation making ridiculous accusations. Please read my previous post explaining Rev Wrights comments.

Quote:
Instead you try to deflect attention away from that fact by engaging in ad hominem attacks
As I recall, You are the one that called me a "moral coward". If you are going to start hurling insuts at me, expect the same.

Quote:
The issue concerning the criticism of Obama because of his affiliation with someone who is--according to you--anti-white, is important.
I agree, its very important

Quote:
Why criticize anti-whiteness when presidential candidates expressing anti-black' anti-Hispanic or anti-Muslim ideas was not an issue before? Why now, why not then?
Really...please provide a link that shows that ever happened before this election

Quote:
Also you failed to answer the question of what American president has exhibited more anti-American values than George Bush
Huh? What does that even mean?

Old 12-31-2008, 09:00 AM

86,876 posts, read 102,269,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatinNJ View Post
Some people took from Rev. Wright what they wanted to take. When I watched the entire video of Rev. Wright, I saw a man preaching on how the government failed some of its citizens. Similar to Obama campaign, who ran in support of the forgotten middle class that has been forgotten over the past eight years.

YouTube - Tell the Whole Story FOX! Barack Obama's pastor Wright

So how is Rev Wright anti-white and what are American values? Could it be that the victimizers can not or don't want to understand the views of the victims.
Saying words like "God Damn America" is not helpful, and it may jeapordize his church's tax exmept status. Pastors are not supposed to talk politics from the pulpit.

Old 12-31-2008, 10:20 AM

8,388 posts, read 8,318,553 times
Thumbs down Why do so many put so much trust in a man who has done nothing?

Quote:
I am refering of course to Barak Obama. Can someon please tell me what he has done that makes you so sure he is going to be a great President?

There's nothing anyone could ever say and nothing that Obama could ever do to get you over your hatred.

That's sad. Really sad.

But go ahead. Enjoy your anger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or