U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 05:54 PM

216 posts, read 261,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
I am refering of course to Barak Obama. Can someon please tell me what he has done that makes you so sure he is going to be a great President?
Obama and his team ran a flawless Presidential Campaign using current technology. His cabinet picks were done in record time and considered impressive by members of both parties.

I believe people are just hopeful that his presidency will be as efficient, because people are ready for a change from the current condition.

Old 12-27-2008, 06:02 PM

1,315 posts, read 1,441,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
If Democrats are so great, then why are the most solid blue states and cities in the worst shape financially? Have you seen the new taxes proposed in NY, including: iTunes, manis/pedis, regular soft drinks, taxis, movies, etc.

Tax, spend and regulate does not work. If Obama follows this principle, he will be considered a failure. What is needed is decreased spending and smaller Government. The candidates who campaigned on this platform were blown out of the water and, for that, I blame the voters.

Gov. David Paterson unveils dire New York State budget that includes new taxes, layoffs and cuts
Borrow, spend and deregulate, on the other hand, has been PROVEN to be an unmitigated disaster... witnessed by the current meltdown of the financial markets...

We need to invest in our infrastructure, develop alternative energy sources like fusion and hydrogen fuel cells, and go to a more progressive tax system...

Old 12-27-2008, 06:52 PM

5,396 posts, read 7,051,777 times
He ran a great camaign and thus far has made all the right moves and surrounded himself with capble advisors. He is already acting much more Presidential than whazzizname.

Very satisfied with my vote.

Old 12-27-2008, 07:14 PM

31,385 posts, read 31,975,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
If Democrats are so great, then why are the most solid blue states and cities in the worst shape financially? \

As we have pointed out countless times, because our tax dollars are going to pay for you good for nothing, living off the public tit red states.

Old 12-27-2008, 07:16 PM

16,301 posts, read 24,867,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
I am refering of course to Barak Obama. Can someon please tell me what he has done that makes you so sure he is going to be a great President?
He won the election, did you just get back from another planet, or were you in a coma? And he did it by being smart and sticking to the high road.

Old 12-27-2008, 07:18 PM

1,663 posts, read 2,259,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootr View Post
The loony left thinks he's God...or the Messiah. They even think he'll pay their mortgage, buy their groceries and fill up their gas tank...along with numerous other handouts as he spreads the wealth. He hasn't done crap except befriend a terrorist, attend a church for 20 years with a racist kook preacher and played in the dirt with the Chicago mob. On top of that he's not even eligible to be President...and he knows it, which means he fraudulently accepted almost $1 billion of donated money from Americans.
But does the left care? Of course not...all they can see is 'change'. Whether it's good or bad doesn't matter...to them it's just not President Bush who by the way, has kept America safe since 9/11, and did what he thought was the right thing to do under the circumstances. I'd like to know what they think Obama would have done so differently under the same conditions!

Old 12-27-2008, 07:24 PM

18,020 posts, read 10,045,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
He won the election, did you just get back from another planet, or were you in a coma? And he did it by being smart and sticking to the high road.
Speaking of sticking to the high road - Obama never lost his cool while he was campaigning that I know of.

Here is an example of the way he dealt with hecklers and differing viewpoints. Can you tell a difference in the way Obama and Bush deal with dissent?

Obama racist video

Old 12-27-2008, 07:32 PM

18,020 posts, read 10,045,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmac View Post
But does the left care? Of course not...all they can see is 'change'. Whether it's good or bad doesn't matter...to them it's just not President Bush who by the way, has kept America safe since 9/11, and did what he thought was the right thing to do under the circumstances. I'd like to know what they think Obama would have done so differently under the same conditions!
The only time anyone in America has been safe due to George W. Bush is when he wasn't working. Fortunately for the country he spent nearly 1/3 of his presidency on vacation.

Obama, Gore, or Kerry would have gone into Afghanistan and found Bin laden like Bush promised but utterly failed to do, and would have never attacked iraq. This would have left between two and three trillion diollars in the treasury instead of in the hands of thieves and thugs like Cheney/ Halliburton and Blackwater.

They would also have seen to it that the troops on the ground had ample armor and protective gear if they were involved in a war, and would not have allowed a family member to sit on the board of directors of one of the world's largest munitions manufacturers (whose board also included Bin Laden family members) to avoid the appearance of evil.

Those are two of my guesses.

Old 12-27-2008, 07:33 PM

2,260 posts, read 3,361,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
track record? columbia and harvard law, senator from illinois, work in congress, a well run campaign (indicative of a well run government), endorsements, choice of advisors.. oh yes he has done nothing and we have done more without the family connections (e.g., Bush family).. .yup..

and based on the bias of your other posts.. does it really matter what people tell you.. probably not..
Drawing a line from a well run campaign to a well run government. No way, sorry I don't buy it for a second. No sane person can draw a parallel like that.

Old 12-27-2008, 07:38 PM

12,589 posts, read 8,716,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post

You seem to be clueless. So you are saying that he will make a good President because he won the election? And Im sure he will stop terrorism in its tracks by "Taking the high road" eh? I weep for the future!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or