U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-30-2008, 10:33 PM
 
3,267 posts, read 5,257,404 times
Reputation: 1479

Advertisements

Lord forbid. But what if someone did assassinate Obama? Biden would become the new president, and Polesi, the Speaker of the House, if I am not mistake would become the new VP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-30-2008, 10:46 PM
 
4,433 posts, read 3,913,780 times
Reputation: 1354
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
Lord forbid. But what if someone did assassinate Obama? Biden would become the new president, and Polesi, the Speaker of the House, if I am not mistake would become the new VP.
I'm a Republican. And you're an Moderator cut: personal attack.

Last edited by Synopsis; 12-31-2008 at 06:14 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-30-2008, 10:50 PM
 
26,196 posts, read 18,890,991 times
Reputation: 14041
second that, both points.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-30-2008, 10:54 PM
 
3,267 posts, read 5,257,404 times
Reputation: 1479
Hummmm I guess the truth hurts. ROFLOL, by the way, I am an Independent. I was just stating a hard fact if Obama were to be assassinated. How does that make me an idiot?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-30-2008, 11:05 PM
 
574 posts, read 1,097,290 times
Reputation: 605
Yes, Biden would become president and Pelosi would be VP. I believe then the President Pro Tempore of the Senate would be speaker and Secretary of State would be President Pro Tempore. I think.

What I'm not sure of is why you are asking?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-30-2008, 11:10 PM
 
3,267 posts, read 5,257,404 times
Reputation: 1479
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyMarshall View Post
Yes, Biden would become president and Pelosi would be VP. I believe then the President Pro Tempore of the Senate would be speaker and Secretary of State would be President Pro Tempore. I think.

What I'm not sure of is why you are asking?
Just curious about what people think about that line up, and from the reaction it's obvious that some aren't to happy with it.

Doesn't matter what political party one belongs to, the fact of the matter is that people wanted change, and now we have it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-30-2008, 11:12 PM
 
Location: DFW Texas
3,096 posts, read 6,761,342 times
Reputation: 2141
I think the OP has a valid question, even though it is somewhat blunt. Most people don't know the secession of leaders after an assassination of a President. God forbid Obama be dethroned for some reason, then we would have to worry about Biden killing over dead and Pelosi taking the reigns as POTUS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-30-2008, 11:26 PM
 
3,288 posts, read 3,966,804 times
Reputation: 816
We would have more to worry about than "the lineup" if that happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-30-2008, 11:32 PM
 
4,433 posts, read 3,913,780 times
Reputation: 1354
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
Hummmm I guess the truth hurts. ROFLOL, by the way, I am an Independent. I was just stating a hard fact if Obama were to be assassinated. How does that make me an idiot?
Look,

I think quite highly of Independents.

The fact is that Pelosi and her puppets already rule America. The same way she'll run America in the future. Barack is her next conquer.

Pelosi will not be happy until she sucks the whole country up into her fantasy of homosexual Catholicism, flying personal 747s in the face of phony global warming, wrenching Harry Ried's balls in her own hand ( it puts such a smile on her 70 year old face ), telling Congress that she will not stand for domestic drilling even though it would be the best way to make America free from dependency on the Middle East.

You're right !! Pelosi running this country to any greater extent would really be bad. Joe Biden running this country is equally bad. Barack running this country ...... bad.

It's just a swing. 8 years from now Republicans will be in office again. Because Barack and Hillary will hurt the world you live in.

Not a problem for me, I live in a part of the country where we're not affected by political crap .. but it's the kids ( today's young folks ) who've been hoodwinked.

An I-Pod in every pot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-30-2008, 11:35 PM
 
2,024 posts, read 3,768,074 times
Reputation: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Look,

I think quite highly of Independents.

The fact is that Pelosi and her puppets already rule America. The same way she'll run America in the future. Barack is her next conquer.

Pelosi will not be happy until she sucks the whole country up into her fantasy of homosexual Catholicism, flying personal 747s in the face of phony global warming, wrenching Harry Ried's balls in her own hand ( it puts such a smile on her 70 year old face ), telling Congress that she will not stand for domestic drilling even though it would be the best way to make America free from dependency on the Middle East.

You're right !! Pelosi running this country to any greater extent would really be bad. Joe Biden running this country is equally bad. Barack running this country ...... bad.

It's just a swing. 8 years from now Republicans will be in office again. Because Barack and Hillary will hurt the world you live in.

Not a problem for me, I live in a part of the country where we're not affected by political crap .. but it's the kids ( today's young folks ) who've been hoodwinked.

An I-Pod in every pot.
This is insane! Is this for real? Or is this a joke? Because there's no way that you can be serious. This is INSANE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:57 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top