U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 10:36 AM

3,162 posts, read 5,693,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessaka View Post
Sorry, but that person has a rep of 111 and therefore is not a troll. It was a good question as well.

Actually it is a bad question. The op seems to presume that the rest of the government has had nothing to do with any of this.

While the current administration stinks, the rest of the gov't is no prize either.

It is, of course, the best that money can buy however.

Old 01-02-2009, 10:39 AM

7,475 posts, read 20,199,964 times
I didn't vote for Obama, but I hope he can do something to get the country going in the proper direction.
As far as Bush getting us into this mess, you couldn't be further from the truth. I know it's comforting to try and blame everything on Bush, but he had plenty of help from the democrats. There is plenty of blame to go around.
It would be nice if the haters would stop pointing fingers and hope we can go forward from this point. Hating and blaming people who aren't solely responsible doesn't do any good, and just soils your reputation and creditability...

Old 01-02-2009, 12:02 PM

8,648 posts, read 15,294,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
he'll make it worse by trying to spend our way out of this mess (which is what got us here in the first place). Obama will be a one term president. when a dollar bill becomes more valuable as toilet paper then as money, the revolution will begin.
Please send me all of that toilet paper... (:>)=

Old 01-02-2009, 12:06 PM

8,648 posts, read 15,294,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
Yes, that's right. GWB personally forced all those people to be stupid, to max out 6 credit cards, and to take interest-only ARM mortgage loans to buy houses that were 3x more than they should have spent.

You're probably right. Bush earned it, he owns it.
But it is easier to blame Bush.

He made all of those people stupid.

Old 01-02-2009, 12:35 PM

2,588 posts, read 1,878,649 times
No. and No respectively.
people should have watched CNN last night, AC360 had ben stein on. he, ben stein said that what americans need to do RIGHT NOW, is to go out and, SPEND MONEY, that's right, he urged to top 20% of america to go out and spend money, and claimed this would help our economy.
No single person can save us from ourselves, liberals will have to learn how to be "conservatives" by not running that credit card to maximum. and by paying what we owe on them. we americans are too far into debt. as for world problems, such as gaza, he'll have little input, which will probably be little more than we support israel, and that'll be it. we still have 2 other conflicts going on ourselves, not to mention our own domestic problems.

Old 01-02-2009, 01:51 PM

4,176 posts, read 5,481,699 times
Doesn't Ben Stein claim to be a conservative? I saw the aforementioned clip last night and was outraged. Off hand, I think Ben Stein supported the TARP, the Big Three Bailout, Obama's stimulus package and this increase in spending by wealthy Americans. He also said clearly that the FOMC made a big mistake by not bailing out Lehman. Many of those who have been correct about the Economy (such at Peter Schiff) said not bailing out Lehman was the only thing the FOMC has done right the past 12 months.

Here is one clip showing how wrong Ben has been all along:

YouTube - August 18, 2007 - Peter Schiff Versus Ben Stein - Merrill Lynch was so cheap, they should have put them in Cereal boxes.

Old 01-02-2009, 03:07 PM

5,006 posts, read 13,854,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinB View Post
Actually it is a bad question. The op seems to presume that the rest of the government has had nothing to do with any of this.

While the current administration stinks, the rest of the gov't is no prize either.

It is, of course, the best that money can buy however.
okay, i see what you mean, bad question.

Old 01-02-2009, 03:18 PM

27,903 posts, read 34,432,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
Doesn't Ben Stein claim to be a conservative? I saw the aforementioned clip last night and was outraged. Off hand, I think Ben Stein supported the TARP, the Big Three Bailout, Obama's stimulus package and this increase in spending by wealthy Americans. He also said clearly that the FOMC made a big mistake by not bailing out Lehman. Many of those who have been correct about the Economy (such at Peter Schiff) said not bailing out Lehman was the only thing the FOMC has done right the past 12 months.

Here is one clip showing how wrong Ben has been all along:

YouTube - August 18, 2007 - Peter Schiff Versus Ben Stein - Merrill Lynch was so cheap, they should have put them in Cereal boxes.
Schiff can stand the high ground in those arguments.

Old 01-02-2009, 03:27 PM

2,214 posts, read 1,728,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
If the economy is still in poor shape by January 21st, 2009 is it fair for us to say it's all Obama's fault??

The above post does highlight and important fact: that the economy behaves to a very large degree independently of the President. If the economy is still doing poorly in 2 years, it might be fun for me to blame it all on Obama and the Dems in Congress but I know it's not true.
No, if the economy is doing poorly in 1 year, 2 years, or even 10 years - the whining crybaby Bush Bashers will still be blaming Bush.

Old 01-02-2009, 03:33 PM

16,300 posts, read 24,953,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
Yes, that's right. GWB personally forced all those people to be stupid, to max out 6 credit cards, and to take interest-only ARM mortgage loans to buy houses that were 3x more than they should have spent.

You're probably right. Bush earned it, he owns it.
He told the fools that yes we are at war, but don't let that bother you, go out and spend spend spend, and they did. Now look where we are. He did nothing but blow sunshine up their butts telling them how great the future was going to be and that everything would be just fine, so spend spend spend, nothing but a butt full of sunshine, rainbows and unicorn farts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or